It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do if a regular has disappeared from ATS, been "warned off', or worse?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Mods - If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

We are very worried. One of our regular ATS posters has just disappeared and we (not just me) suspect that they have been 'warned off' anything to do with ATS. It is totally out of character to just stop posting as they were a regular daily poster. They used to take a few days off to get their head straight, go up to the mountains for a break but this has been a while now and, as I say, we are getting worried. It has probably been about a month now.

You know when you get used to seeing a regular on your regular thread (year and a half), they normally say when they are going to take a few days off as a break.

Of course, they may have just decided that enough was enough. That they did not want to be part of the community any longer. However, on the other hand, as an active ATS'er and government-wary person like many of us, and also as someone who brought information together in a co-ordinated way, this person possibly could have been one "they" considered a threat and worth silencing. We are all relatively anonymous on here and although I am not that naieve to think that the PTB cannot find out who we are and pay us a visit if they think we are becoming troublesome. This is what we think may have happened in this case.

What can be done, if anything, to help our online friend?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Probably just sleeping one off... but stranger things have happened.

Boncho???

What else can the community do for this member? I value you all and wish to help at anytime.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Have you considered there could be a possible health issue that has kept them from posting?

Des

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Boncho???

I dont think TPTB would warn Boncho to quit making funny wisecracks on a conspiracy site,(thats his thing). Slayer maybe, not Boncho

edit on 25-9-2012 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
how do you observe someone so diligently as to notice such a thing?

i'm certain 95% of ATS would never notice the difference if I got hit by a car tomorrow nor would I expect to notice if the same happened to any other user?

link   
Could be a health issue, but unless it is ultra-serious, I think they would have been back to say that that is why they are not posting at the moment. You know how you get a feel for how involved a person is in the thread. This thread is a long running one and there are a number of regular posters which we all know and over time, have got to know their personality (as far as that is possible, of course). I do not think it is a health issue - unless it is a "permanent" one !!

how do you observe someone so diligently as to notice such a thing?
Because I am mainly active in one thread, thats why. It is an interest of mine and it has been running for over a year.
edit on 25 Sep 2012 by qmantoo because: add 2nd reply

link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I disappeared from ATS for 16 months and it was simply because my finances got so tight that Internet access didn't fit into my budget.

But I can think of a thousand reasons why a person might disappear for awhile. Some folks get information overload and log out for awhile to regain sanity. Some fine new favored online forums to hang out at. Some get sick. Some die. Some spend time as a guest of the county or state ( jail ). Some meet a person and start dating - thus having things to do that are more fun than ATS.... and the list goes on.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can Google the members username and possibly find some tracks to follow.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
good for him. this place drives you crazy.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
wow, that's wierd. I was just thinking today while driving that if I dropped off ATS today would anybody notice?
I have noticed others come and go and come back again. I would imagine they have private issues they have to deal with and don't share.
I guess it depends on the forums most visited.
Of course, we are all paranoid and suspicious or we wouldn't be here I suppose.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I assure you all that it isn't Boncho, we exchanged a difference of opimion last night in a thread about perpetual motion.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have taking long breaks from ATS.. I don't owe anyone a explanation why.. So If i Choose to "disappear" for a while so be it..

Respect his or her privacy.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

I like to think that this place brings sanity and the system conformist are actually the crazies.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I kind of agree with this.

The site has become so large at this point I doubt anyone will be truly missed except by a few.

I've seen many come and go over the years.

Even I have taken the occasional hiatus and no one has ever reached out to me to ask why.

It's just the nature of the beast I suppose.

Give it some time. Maybe your favorite poster will return.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Theres a few avatars i miss hearing from over the years.....
But i think any poster on ATS would be made of sterner stuff than to be warned off by any internet bully.....
If you havent had nasty e mails, yer just not posting strong enough opinions........

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Who is this poster?

Who is we?

And are you that close to other posters here?

edit, I see who you mean now. I'll do some more reading to see what this poster has said.
edit on 25-9-2012 by QContinuum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can Google the members username and possibly find some tracks to follow.

What do you mean by that, how does that work?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ha, what silliness. I mean, no one has ever been black-bagged or taken out for being a thorn in the side to some power-brokers, right? Right? Hello?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I am not sure what the point to your question is. What to do? What can we do? You know more than we do obviously. Is this a real question or do you just want to bring his absence and your suspicion to our attention?

Is he an activist outside of ATS that has a platform from which he could be a danger? Cause I have never seen any of you before, and I don't think many people read that thread.

edit on 25-9-2012 by QContinuum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by QContinuum

What do you mean by that, how does that work?

Many people use the same username on multiple forums and a Google search sometimes will demonstrate this in the results.

I've looked up and found a few old friends who have moved on using this method.

~Heff
edit on 9/25/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Could be a health issue, but unless it is ultra-serious, I think they would have been back to say that that is why they are not posting at the moment. You know how you get a feel for how involved a person is in the thread. This thread is a long running one and there are a number of regular posters which we all know and over time, have got to know their personality (as far as that is possible, of course). I do not think it is a health issue - unless it is a "permanent" one !!

Judging by the op's words, he probably didn't just leave to start a profile on another internetsite, without saying something.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join