It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a weird illness? Post it here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Occasionally I come across threads about strange illnesses, bio weapons or just straight out accepted diseases. I was reading one tonight about fibromyalgia and by the people that chimed in and many similar situations, it had me thinking of my own issues.
My history...
I had always been very heathy, never had any surgeries or even broken bones. At the age of 20 that all changed. I got what I thought was a cold only this time I was getting a temp of 101-102, still not strange. I broke out into welts all over my body and it itched badly. I went to the hospital and they said "your just sick all over" tussled my hair and sent me on my way. The "cold" subsided over the next few days however I would wake up in middle of the night bleeding I had been scratching all night long. It became so bad I couldn't sleep. Taking oatmeal baths, cold showers etc.. were things I would do multiple times a night. It's went on for YEARS. I went to an allergist when I was 25, they tested my for a wide variety of things, no luck. They put me one a antihistamine and TA-DA! No more nightmare. Story over? NO....not by a long shot. My intestines started bleeding, I was "grey" as my girl called it, constantly nauseous and no energy. This went on for 5 more years with all kinds of tests and meds. Now added to the list was ulcerative colitis. My meds kept me somewhat stable until I was 31 ish. I then started having all kinds of body pains, so bad at time I passed out in Vegas and had to spend my remaining time in a wheelchair. Now it was time to visit a rheumatoid arthritis doctor. The first one I saw said he would test me for a 100 + types of R.A. It was like 5 hours of tests/X-ray and a host of other things. Nothing. I carried on this way for a couple more years. To be honest, if it wasn't a sin in my religion, I would have ended it all. At about 35 I saw another R.A. Doctor just for kicks he started me on Humira. The shots are $1500 each and I take one a week. I also had already been taking Imuran (an organ transplant anti-rejection drug) Vicodin, antihistamines, steroids... all things that lead back an auto immune disorder, one with no name. The Humira I take is some scary stuff, T.B, cancer, fungal infection (up to death) are all possible.
Auto immune disorder....the thing that keeps us healthy and alive is now trying to kill me. Why? This started from the "cold" I had when I was 20, one thing after another but never anything prior to that day. Fluoride? Radioactive waste? I can't even give a name to anyone that asks what's wrong. Fibromyalgia ? That's another one that very strange, now to hear it may very well be man made? All these couldn't be natural, we (the one who have this illnesses) wouldn't have lived to have offspring, nature would have used natural selection to kill us off.
I honestly would like to hear everyone else's strange sicknesses. Perhaps it could paint a pretty picture of what's going on here. Hell! Maybe we have some recessive alien gene that is at war with our monkey bodies! I really feel like there is some conspiracy here. If you have no illness and you just want to read...that's fine, but please don't chime in if it isn't in some way helpful. I know people like myself really don't have anyone to talk with that gets it.
Think about any possible apocalypse that may happen, I know I'm screwed without the $7000 a month of meds, makes you feel pretty helpless even though I have been preparing for years. Anyway, anyone else?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I was infected with count choculitis last year. Been on meds since.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

OK, I'll bite, or well, er pull...

Trichotillomania

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, gross...

Now my disorder is on the VERY light scale but it covets my habits nearly 24/7. Can't wait to get my next fix... No I'm not joking.
edit on 25-9-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Wow man, that's some [snipped] up stuff. I sympathize.

My "illness" :

I had this ongoing thing with my brain. I never found out what it was - and still don't know till this day.
My brain was seeing everything as wavy. It came and went. Like I would look at an object and there was this distinct jello-like movement to it. Like jiggling.
It was surreal. Visually, everything had some kind of movement.
I thought FOR SURE I had a brain tumor. I still don't know till this day. Sometimes it gets really sever.
One time it got so bad where my vision was flashing really fast like a strobing light. Paranoia fallowed afterwards.
I sat down because I was feeling dizzy from the strobing. BIG mistake -(How can I describe this without sounding like a complete lunatic?) okay, when I shut my eyes I felt like there were other eyes around me, starring me down. The eyes had this pink, fleshy casing. It was disgusting. So disgusting it gave me nausea.
I fear my brain may be going kaput.
Something is causing my visual cortex to behave in a weird way.
I never saw a diagnoser for my "problem."
Like I said, it comes and goes.

I fast often. Mostly not by choice
That probably has something to do with it I think. I'm super skinny.
I loooove food, but i can't afford to eat that often: 1 meal a day and some snackage in between.
I eat mostly nutritious portions.

edit on Tue Sep 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I once heard of a lady who got bitten by an ant in Australia and it basically caused her to have weeping sores and rotting cysts in her legs around the bite for years and years. God only knows what you got into, but it sure seems to want you dead and that is flippin awful. I hope that someday the docs figure out what's actually going wrong with you, because it sounds like they're just throwing medications at you and hoping that something sticks because they don't have a clue, and from the sounds of it, you are a bit young to be an invalid.

I had a strange bout of illness in 2010-2011. I dropped fifteen pounds over a couple of weeks in September 2010, got down to 85lbs, while eating 3000+ calories a day I was literally impoverishing myself buying enough food to keep from dropping more weight. (ETA: even then I slowly dwindled to 80 lbs, it was a constant battle.) My sleep patterns had a mind of their own, I swung between sleeping 16 hours a day to being awake for 20. I couldn't stand up without getting dizzy and having difficulty breathing. I routinely had hallucinations at work that the floor was turning into liquid. I vomited bile five or so times a day, and my body temperature stayed right around 95 F, sometimes a bit over 94 F, but I was SO cold all the time. And I was scared because I legit thought I was dying.

I could only afford to go to the community health clinic, being uninsured, finally went to them in January '11. They ran some tests but all the doctors there thought I was pulling their legs and sent me away with "eat more, take some vitamins, and if you're alive in three months come back to see us". Took me into the office, basically told me not to bother them anymore with my nonsense. So I ate more, took vitamins, and got worse, didn't go back to see them 'cause screw them anyway for treating me like a loony. And then one day out of the blue I was okay again, somewhere in March or April of 2011. No idea what caused it, no idea what stopped it, I'm only glad that it's over.
edit on 25-9-2012 by lycosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wow! Mine doesn't sound so bad now. I will say if I wanted to make the masses more "manageable", keep them alive but requiring a lot of expensive meds. I truly focused on the auto immune issues. I have talked with someone with M.S. and we are on a very similar self injection. There are all kinds of crazy illnesses that are completely different but are rooted to the immune system. Fibromyalgia possibly being a man made virus is something I plan on looking more into.
Count choculitus.....rrrriiiiiight.....

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
holy crap.
A lot of aparagraphitis in this thread (break it down, people, break it down.).

Um... personally the only thing I suffer from is eternal, unmitigated tiredness. I think they call it "working with children and being a parent". It's a vicious cocktail.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have "Geographic Tongue"

en.wikipedia.org...

and it's not comfortable...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well...I have actually been wondering why I haven't already read about what I am about to describe because - according to a few doctors around here - this is becoming "epidemic" in this area.

I live in the Panhandle of Florida between Pensacola and Panama City - very close to Destin, FL. We are an upper middle-class family. We live in a very nice neighborhood, have a home that is always clean and could be in a magazine, really. Both hubby and I are professionals and kids are always well-kempt and clean as well. Their rooms are actually almost always clean of their own volition. The only reason I mention all that is to let you know that what I am about to say has NOTHING to do with living conditions, cleanliness, or lack thereof...

A few months ago, everyone in my family (three households; ALL persons except for my youngest son) started itching. At this time, WHEN we would scratch (not before), bumps would appear.

We travel A LOT so to be truthful, we thought we had stayed in a hotel with a bed bug issue (but we always stay in "moderate" hotels - Hampton, Embassay Suites, etc.).
Went to see a doctor we trust - diagnosis: itch mites - likely from a hotel. Gave us all premetherin (sp?) cream. Said it would go away. It didn't.

So, I started researching and became convinced it was mites. (And no, I never did - and still don't - think this is Morgellons). Did all the treatments for mites. Didn't work either.

Meanwhile, we are all still getting these "bites" all over us - now before we scratch. They would itch and then you could literally scratch something off the top (sometimes looked like a white piece of sand, sometimes like a gray thin scab). When the "sand" came out or the "scab" came off, a perfect hole would be left about the size of a pin head. And it would BLEED where the thing was. It would then scab over and basically not go away for several weeks.

We didn't tell anyone but our doctor - not something you really want being talked about. But we tried everything. Finally landed on sulfur products / masks / sprays / etc. Seems to be getting under control somewhat.

Now, if we hadn't ALL (again, 3 households) had this, I would have begun to think we were crazy or had some kind of picking disorder (because it did become pretty compulsive for all of us to search out these things on our body and scrape them off or pull them out). But again, it was 8 of us total. Everyone in all 3 houses except my 10 year old son.

But here's where it gets weirder. I mention this to a doctor friend finally (not the same doctor we originally went to). His jaw drops. He has seen MANY cases of this recently. Was really thinking it was in people's heads until HE started getting it on his back (where it usually starts). Did the light test on his entire body and no, it was not mites, bed bugs, or any other kind of bug. He did not, however, have a clue what it is / was. He is still suffering with it, although, he is now trying the sulfur products that have given us some relief.

And weirder...
Saturday I went into a local health food store to see if they carried Sulfur powder. Clerk asked me why I wanted it. I asked him why he wanted to know. He said he couldn't keep it on the shelf for the first time in 20 years. So, I told him the truth about why I wanted it. His jaw dropped. His wife had been dealing with this same thing but didn't want to tell anyone. They thought they had bed bugs or mites too.

So, here is the thing... I have come to believe this is related to the synthetic bacteria that was lab-created to deal with the oil spill. I think it has blown in and created a massive skin disease situation along the gulf coast. If so many people I know have it, are dealing with it, and know people that are, it has to be pretty wide spread. I just wonder why we haven't heard more about it?

As I said, we pretty much have it under control. But it was a MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS getting to this point.

If there is anyone reading this who is dealing with this and needs guidance, feel free to message me and I'll be glad to share what has worked for us.

WHEW!!! Okay... done. :-)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wow this all sounds just awful!

For me it started about 20 years ago. I woke up with this really weird rash all over my body except on my face, it looked like rings about the size of quarters. They didn't hurt, itch or burn. But I did start to get headaches and a fever so much so that I decided I had better go to the doctor.
He looked at it and said it definitely was NOT ringworm and when he examined the rest of me found that my liver was huge! I drink very little alcohol and take no drugs so that couldn't have been a cause. He was very concerned and ordered many blood tests and xrays.
Every single test came back completely normal, no abnormalities whatsoever, moreover my liver was now back to it's normal size and the rash was completely gone! The only thing remaining was that I felt physically horrible. Like I had the flu.
Body aches, extreme fatigue, malaise.
I never recovered...never. It literally ruined my entire life.
Anyway 5 years ago I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure of unknown origin, they said at some point in my life I contracted some weird virus that entered my heart and has taken years to eat away at the electrical system of my heart and cause it to fail. I now have a pacemaker/defibrillator.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicevillegrl
Well...I have actually been wondering why I haven't already read about what I am about to describe because - according to a few doctors around here - this is becoming "epidemic" in this area.

I live in the Panhandle of Florida between Pensacola and Panama City - very close to Destin, FL. We are an upper middle-class family. We live in a very nice neighborhood, have a home that is always clean and could be in a magazine, really. Both hubby and I are professionals and kids are always well-kempt and clean as well. Their rooms are actually almost always clean of their own volition. The only reason I mention all that is to let you know that what I am about to say has NOTHING to do with living conditions, cleanliness, or lack thereof...

A few months ago, everyone in my family (three households; ALL persons except for my youngest son) started itching. At this time, WHEN we would scratch (not before), bumps would appear.

We travel A LOT so to be truthful, we thought we had stayed in a hotel with a bed bug issue (but we always stay in "moderate" hotels - Hampton, Embassay Suites, etc.).
Went to see a doctor we trust - diagnosis: itch mites - likely from a hotel. Gave us all premetherin (sp?) cream. Said it would go away. It didn't.

So, I started researching and became convinced it was mites. (And no, I never did - and still don't - think this is Morgellons). Did all the treatments for mites. Didn't work either.

Meanwhile, we are all still getting these "bites" all over us - now before we scratch. They would itch and then you could literally scratch something off the top (sometimes looked like a white piece of sand, sometimes like a gray thin scab). When the "sand" came out or the "scab" came off, a perfect hole would be left about the size of a pin head. And it would BLEED where the thing was. It would then scab over and basically not go away for several weeks.

We didn't tell anyone but our doctor - not something you really want being talked about. But we tried everything. Finally landed on sulfur products / masks / sprays / etc. Seems to be getting under control somewhat.

Now, if we hadn't ALL (again, 3 households) had this, I would have begun to think we were crazy or had some kind of picking disorder (because it did become pretty compulsive for all of us to search out these things on our body and scrape them off or pull them out). But again, it was 8 of us total. Everyone in all 3 houses except my 10 year old son.

But here's where it gets weirder. I mention this to a doctor friend finally (not the same doctor we originally went to). His jaw drops. He has seen MANY cases of this recently. Was really thinking it was in people's heads until HE started getting it on his back (where it usually starts). Did the light test on his entire body and no, it was not mites, bed bugs, or any other kind of bug. He did not, however, have a clue what it is / was. He is still suffering with it, although, he is now trying the sulfur products that have given us some relief.

And weirder...
Saturday I went into a local health food store to see if they carried Sulfur powder. Clerk asked me why I wanted it. I asked him why he wanted to know. He said he couldn't keep it on the shelf for the first time in 20 years. So, I told him the truth about why I wanted it. His jaw dropped. His wife had been dealing with this same thing but didn't want to tell anyone. They thought they had bed bugs or mites too.

So, here is the thing... I have come to believe this is related to the synthetic bacteria that was lab-created to deal with the oil spill. I think it has blown in and created a massive skin disease situation along the gulf coast. If so many people I know have it, are dealing with it, and know people that are, it has to be pretty wide spread. I just wonder why we haven't heard more about it?

As I said, we pretty much have it under control. But it was a MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS getting to this point.

If there is anyone reading this who is dealing with this and needs guidance, feel free to message me and I'll be glad to share what has worked for us.

WHEW!!! Okay... done. :-)

Now that's what I'm talking about! Don't get me wrong, that's HORRIBLE, but I am searching for all the things going around that have doctors scratching their heads. I'm not sure all that is being introduced into sky's, food and water. However big and strange things are rearing their ugly heads. Best wishes for a solution for you and your family.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Octave

Yeah, that sounds similar to what happened to me. Can I ask your age? I am just wondering if your an age where it is particularly unusual to have a pacemaker. I'm sure your like me and say, " had I never gotten that strange illness when I was 20, how radically different would my life be." if I didn't pet a strange cat that week, didn't eat at a certain restaurant, whatever it is. The butterfly effect thing...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FranciPants1228

Wow, I would have loved to have heard about this 15 years ago! My wife and me went to get our tounges pierced together at a reputable tattoo/piercing parlor. Within a week my wife's tounge swelled up up and over the barbell. It became grey brown and furry. She saw many doctors, tried many thing to no avail. Of course she took the piercing out and let it heal, but it went on for maybe 3 months. We blamed it on the parlor/equipment/ tech....but this seems to have hit the nail on the head.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well I was 45 when I had my pacemaker implanted. So young by most standards. I have always contributed it to that incident 20 years ago even though there is no evidence to back it up, just a gut feeling.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
WOW. very interesting. I got sick at the end of march. infection on my throat, sinus, ears, and maybe other parts. after i took the bag of meds they gave me, i have felt like im about to have a heart attack every day since early april. to this day. Im a 25 year old male. I just wish to wake up every morning (suprised, actually) and i hope to make it home every day after work to see my little girl. Ive been to many doctors, ER, tests, nothing. ill explain more after work, but i have had pain in my chest, abdomen, arms, legs, twitching, spasms, blurred vision, shortness of breath, tingling, sharp pain in face, head, diarrhea, ringworm like things on my stomach and more

top topics

join