Gov. Walker is PRO-Union....When it comes to his NFL team...

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm in class right now, so I can't write a long thread about this topic at hand, but I came across it and found it SOO SOO funny... So Gov Scott Walker seems to be flip flopping a little when his NFL team the Green Bay Packers lose a tough game due to the replacement refs. If you all remember, Scott Walker was and is STILL very anti-union in his home state of Wisconsin, but he is now BACKING the NFL refs union who is currently on strike...I love this...

Bipartisanship may be dead in the 2012 election year, but a questionable call by replacement referees in the NFL has breathed new life into the corpse of political amity -- even in Wisconsin, recently the scene of a bitter battle over workers' collective bargaining rights.

After the state's Green Bay Packers had a victory snatched from their outstretched mitts by an outrage-inducing call on Monday, the current governor and one of his erstwhile opponents in the fight over collective bargaining found common ground, agreeing that it was time for the NFL to end its labor morass and bring back the real umpires.

Republican Gov. Scott Walker, who successfully pushed the anti-union bills through the Legislature, threw the red flag onto the political field, challenging the referees’ decision that gave the Seattle Seahawks the victory.

“After catching a few hours of sleep, the #Packers game is still just as painful. #Returntherealrefs,” Walker tweeted early Tuesday.

Walker’s effort to strip collective bargaining rights from some of the state’s public employees is still being fought in the courts, though he survived a nasty recall election. His anti-union campaign became the centerpiece of GOP efforts in several states to ease fiscal pain by having workers pay more of their benefits and limiting unions' organizing rights.

So friends of ATS... What do you think of all of this?

Maybe he had money on the game...

www.latimes.com...
edit on 25-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well this is about football which is important. That other union stuff was just about teachers it's not like they are important or anything.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Well this is about football which is important. That other union stuff was just about teachers it's not like they are important or anything.

Gotta love a Governor with his priorities straight...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Well he may have lost five bucks on the game.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If he were smart he'd put an anti-union spin on the whole thing.

Point out that since the Packers were the team that got hosed, and they don't have a single powerful super-rich owner to bring the issue to ref negotiations, a deal is less likely to get done in the aftermath of the debacle.

I mean, Jerry Jones (owner of the Cowboys) would have probably payed the refs out of his own pocket if this happened to him.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

I was just shocked when I read this story (buddy posted it on FB)... How can someone who's so anti-union be so stupid to come out and act like this backing a refs union....

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Walker is a tool. No synapses firing. A hired dunce. Can't even realize he just stepped in it. GO BUCKY!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

The Packers are sacred in Wisconsin and it's a great source of pride that they are the only publicly owned team in the NFL. Any anti-collective talk related to the Pack would be political suicide in Wisconsin.

Thanks for helping make my point poster below
edit on 9/25/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

You don't mess with "The 'packers" up here
it's sacrilegious.
edit on 25-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by jhn7537

The Packers are sacred in Wisconsin and it's a great source of pride that they are the only publicly owned team in the NFL. Any anti-collective talk related to the Pack would be political suicide in Wisconsin.

I agree, but he should have just shut his mouth on the subject.. He should have just said "im pissed over the loss" but to come out and back the refs union is a little crazy

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

it's sacrilegious.

LOL, I'm a Bears fan (from Chicago), trust me, I know... I hate the Packers, but I dont like that you guys were cheated out of a win

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
Walker is a tool. No synapses firing. A hired dunce. Can't even realize he just stepped in it. GO BUCKY!!!

Balanced the budget;
SAVED teachers their jobs.
This"cheesehead" is a big supporter.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

it's sacrilegious.

LOL, I'm a Bears fan (from Chicago), trust me, I know... I hate the Packers, but I dont like that you guys were cheated out of a win

mybro inlaw is a big bear fan ("Da' bears") But we still let him come to family events.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The issue is not whether Walker is anti or pro union. The referees work for private firms and Walker has NEVER said they don't have the right to organize. You are not forced to pay for a ticket to an NFL game and apparently you will happily pay hundreds of dollars for a single seat.

Taxpayers don't have the same choice. The issue is PUBLIC SECTOR unions that take the taxpayers to the cleaners that gives absolutely INCREDIBLE benefits to public sector employees. Their benefits are amazing. Their pensions are astronomical, not to be seen in the private sctor, and union rules pretty well stifle the ability to discipline or fire the bad ones. And what's the final product? High school graduates who can't read.

If you get a public sector union job in most states, you pretty well have a cushy job for life. No one can fore you, and when you retire your salary will go up, not down, because your huge publ;ic sectopr pension plus social security results in a greater take-home pay than you had when working. You think they're underpaid? Nope. The average teacher with ten years experience makes over $100K in salary and benefits.
edit on 9/25/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

It's a free country...love him up.
I think he is a bought stooge like any other.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by 46ACE

It's a free country...love him up.
I think he is a bought stooge like any other.

Yes, please find me a politician that isnt a bought stooge...haha

new topics

top topics

join