It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.6, 4.8, 5.9, 6.2 EQ's Gulf of Cali and 4.3 Utah

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Oh for goodness sake, I have switched from looking at USGS to Global Incident Map...never knew it listed different sources, explains everything!
...feeling quite dumb! :/
I tend to not read all of the details!

This is the most action I've seen on the Los Angeles quake cam...well, when I've looked, usually makes me sleepy! lol

Quake cam in Los Angeles

edit on 9/25/2012 by Givenmay because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/25/2012 by Givenmay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

More people should pay attention to these things!
I can lie down and it feels like my body vibrates at times, kind of frightens me, not sure what it is.
When this happens I remain calm and as still as possible while paying attention...the tremble is usually followed by a good feeling tingle that starts somewhere along my body and spreads!
I always say it feels like a presence.
There is tons of Copper underneath my sofa, maybe that does something with the energy around?
I sleep with earplugs, but I heard a very noticeable frequency change the other day while they were plugged, am in Palestine Texas.
edit on 9/25/2012 by Givenmay because: addition

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

off topic* just curious what part of texas

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Well, quite a few months ago, he was feeling those vibrations, and I did a thread on it. It degenerated into an insult-fest, and people were nasty with me because a big earthquake didn't happen. However, there were some sizeable ones just off the caprock in west Texas, but that wasn't good enough.

Anyway, I became known as the woman married to the guy with the vibrating butt (which isn't how it is at all, it's a whole body vibration, much as you describe).

I'm not sure if it's Texas per se, or if certain people are sensitive to the vibrations of the earth. I imagine the earth vibrates well above the frequency registered by Richter Scales before something slips. Just a hunch, I'm no seismologist.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I'm probably going to get made fun of for this, but yesterday evening my husband was asking me to check the earthquakes online because he was feeling a very high frequency vibration coming from the ground which was driving him crazy. I can never feel it when he says such things. But every time he does, there's usually a quake somewhere relatively close by, 12 to 24 hours later. He sits at his desk on a cushioned chair, on a throw rug on top of a thick carpet.

We live on the border of Texas and New Mexico (southern NM). I had been looking for an earthquake thread since last night, just out of curiosity.

Thanks for posting, Jude. Now I get to hear a lot of "I told you so".

Wow, that's bizarre! He sounds like "The Princess and the Pea" ...except maybe "The King and the Quake." Or, if that gives him the 'big-head' just tell him I said "The Dude and the Quake" --even though it screws up the lovely sound of alliteration...

ON TOPIC: Prayers and well-wishes for Californians and surrounding areas!

edit on 9/25/2012 by new_here because: spelling error

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Was he feeling a butt quake again?

Beware, the butt knows!

You have to tell us when his butt is talking.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

We're an odd pair. He feels vibrations, but I can predict the weather very well out here. However, in his case, there was no studying involved, he just feels something and says it's coming from the ground beneath him.

In my case, I have studied the weather patterns in Texas ever since I moved here 10 years ago, and how the weather here affects the weather in other places.

I have family in California, including my youngest who just moved to San Diego two months ago. She is in the old part of downtown San Diego, where many of the buildings are old and not up to code, so I reviewed safety precautions for her in case a big earthquake hits. She knows exactly what to do in a tornado, but earthquakes are new to her.

Most people living in Cali will be safe, unless they happen to be on an older overpass, in an unreinforced masonry building, or in an old downtown area in which cornices and other concrete decorations or bricks come loose and drop on people.

The big fear I have for my loved ones close to the ocean is, if there's an off-shore quake large enough, it could trigger a tsunami which would be very deadly for millions of residents.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay

I can lie down and it feels like my body vibrates at times, kind of frightens me, not sure what it is.
When this happens I remain calm and as still as possible while paying attention...the tremble is usually followed by a good feeling tingle that starts somewhere along my body and spreads!
There is tons of Copper underneath my sofa, maybe that does something with the energy around?
I sleep with earplugs, but I heard a very noticeable frequency change the other day while they were plugged, am in Palestine Texas.
edit on 9/25/2012 by Givenmay because: addition

OMG, parts of my body, particularly the soles of my feet, were having a sensation somewhere between tingle and vibrate off and on all day yesterday... AND YES... there was a very strange tone / frequency change to my left ear. Very loud and lasting more than a few seconds. Later I felt somewhat nauseated.

These happen to me on occasion (usually without the nausea) and then just go away. I'm going to start taking note of the day & time and see if it could be tied to Earthquakes. Never considered that, although HAARP crossed my mind a time or two, lol. (Ok, maybe both are true.)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

The butt does know, and for a 56 year old man, it is a very fine butt, indeed.

Seriously, you had to be one of those from my original thread which blew up the board on ATS and sent certain ATS'ers in a tizzy. LOL, it's funny now, but back then, it was embarrassing, so I hesitated saying anything this time around....but what the hell, life's too short to be cowardly.

He felt it, I reported it, but since it's after the fact, it doesn't have a prophecy angle to it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Yes, definitely start to keep track of it. There are several people who are stating that this happens, might as well see if it's just an internal buzz, or if you're really connected to the planet and can feel when its vibration changes.

There could be a whole thread just on this, although I don't want to derail the OP's thread.

Definitely more active inland from the ocean as well (re: Utah). I don't believe that anything will happen on December 21st, but I know I'll breathe a sigh of relief once it's over. We've been fed end-of-the-world stuff for years now, and as it approaches, I'll feel better when it's come and gone.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I was on that thread...but I was not one of the meanies!

I have a migraine Everytime rain is coming, so I know we can feel things!

Tell you hubby to keep up the good work!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Y is this breaking news ? Havent heard a thing about it till i read this

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Dutchsinse is back reporting this quake on youtube.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think it was the prediction supposed to be the 24th of September if I remember correctly.
edit on 25-9-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If I remember right, small earthquakes are good. They release stored up pressure over time. The concern here should be the Pacific Northwest. Off the coast of Oregon and Washington State is a fault line that can have a 9+. If California is having a mass grouping of these smaller quakes but nothing up north, it could lead to a pressure build up on that fault line.

I'm not worried though since it could be nothing more then just a pressure release on the plate from those quakes over in the southeast asia region, but it could still be a precurser to something big in the north.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I still do not see USGS getting on board with the Utah quake.

Maybe it was a reading from the gulf?? I dunno.

Thanks for the info. regardless.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Was he feeling a butt quake again?

Beware, the butt knows!

You have to tell us when his butt is talking.

Make sure he gets up and walks around every half hour or so to stay on his game. My right butt cheek fell asleep at work the other day and I did everything half-assed all morning.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay

Am in Texas as well... and also notice those vibrations that remind me of the minor quakes while I was in LA, but without the effects on the environment or other people seeming to notice. Stopped thinking they were shivers when I was able to really pay attention to them like you.

I agree, they are nice.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Interesting enough, the USGS posted this article about rare earthquakes:
Earthquake Triggers (USGS)

What I find odd is that almost 24hours passes between the La Paz, Mexico 6.2 and the Tanaga Alaska 6.4 earthquakes happen. Is it very possible that one large quake can set up one of these earthquake storms? If this is so, then why didn't the 2002 Kush, Afghanistan quake do the same? 2002 7.4 Kush earthquake (USGS)

Are all these earthquakes real? or does the US Goverment have the so-called "Earthquake Device"?

As tested on MythBusters
Sorry I don't do videos

I only bring this up due to the issue of earthquakes showing up, then for some reason getting dropped off the radar. Now the USGS is putting out a report that states one earthquake can set off other earthquakes in other areas of the earth. While I do believe that an earthquake will cause other earthquakes to happen. I don't feel that some of these earthquakes are related, but rather being used as an excuse for using some type of device (possibly a Tesla device, or possibly an Otis T. Carr device)

Sorry forgot to post my point;
"If we are able to use an earthquake as a type of weapon, then doesn't that cause massive harm to the planet?"
edit on 26-9-2012 by Guyfriday because: was making my post pointless to pointfull

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join