Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Egypt paper launches campaign against Prophet Muhammad cartoons

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

Right that's it, somebody give me a flag to burn, I feel the need to wreck some shops Ooooooo I could just scream with anger and behead someone arrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NOT.

An Egyptian newspaper has launched a campaign against the obscene cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad published by the French magazine, Charlie Hebdo.

Al-Watan, a secular daily, published 13 cartoons on Monday under the slogan "Fight cartoons with cartoons".

One shows a pair of glasses through which the burning World Trade Center is seen, with the caption: "Western glasses for the Islamic world".

Charlie Hebdo's cartoons played on the uproar over a video which mocks Islam.

Some 50 people have died in violent protests which erupted two weeks ago over the amateur film, Innocence of Muslims.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I'm not quite sure you understand what the point of these cartoons is... unless you were being sarcastic?

These cartoons are meant to portray what the western world portrays the muslim world as. Look at the one on the link you provided. Right side shows a regular muslim man. Left side shows a rabid terrorist. The American flag decorated flashlight is pointed at the terrorist.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I must say I laughed hysterically seeing the image. Sorry, but I did find it funny. Did not know what it said till after I scrolled down, but It was Funny. Thank God for freedom of expression.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

Ummmmm, not sure if you noticed the "NOT" indicating I was taking the p*ss? Plus the myriad of
that followed?

Yes I was being sarcastic. Thanks

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
delete
edit on 25-9-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Ironic, isnt it?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Someone makes fun of a fake god.

Someone mocks the death of over 3000 people.

I can see the similarities.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

My bad but with all the crazies on here I guess I might have thought you were with all the bible humpers who don't follow the bible. My apologies. Well played sir, well played.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Sorry- I know its not a fake God to them. But to me it is.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

The similarity is they're both allowed to?

Or are people only allowed free speech if it doesn't upset you?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

they have all the right to.

Just dont see how the two relate.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

reply to post by khimbar

they have all the right to.

Just dont see how the two relate.

I think you're misunderstanding the cartoon. It isn't mocking the deaths of anyone. It's showing how much of the West instantly thinks of 11/9 when the right Muslim button is pressed. And that all Muslims are terrorists.

That's my take on it anyway?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
They need some serious help in the burns department...

I mean that was barely lukewarm, these guys wont be asked to host any Roasts any time soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Good for them, its shows to all those people that scream they are barbarians they only understand hate and violence that they are not all a bunch of radical jihadist.

Of coarse the pic of the wtc strikes a cord with me, I was taken back and thought oh no they didnt.
But once common sense took back over I realized that was the point. If people from our culture are allowed to openly mock what they hold sacred and hallowed, just to incite hate and violence then by golly they can to. Thats why freedom of speech is wonderful.

It actually appears as if someone is throwing water on the fire for once instead of oil, and they are a muslim from the middle east ..... How ironic is that ???

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm happy for them to hit back with their own cartoons.

It makes a refreshing change to read the OP, instead of reading how many souls were murdered in retaliation.

new topics

top topics

join