It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home prices rise for sixth month, a sign of recovery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

This is true.

Investment firms have been buying up tons of properties because the long-term outlook is that more and more people are going to opt for renting rather than buying and the banks want in on that end as well.

example

Also, interest rates are absurdly low and so people are inticed into buying or re-financing. What happens to the market when everyone who wants to be is situated? I mean, millennials aren't looking to buy, they have no jobs or savings.

This is just a temporary bump before another slump.
edit on 9/26/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Yep, watch for it. Watch for 600,000 plus jobs in the defense industry to disappear. As I said, fragile times.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Except that it is 2012 and Bush has not been the president for four years. McCain never was the president. Obama is the liar in chief now.

What has he done for us lately? Ever?....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

I don't know. I'm not an Obama supporter. Ron Paul in '08 and Gary Johnson now. But it's REAL easy to point fingers and blame. I know personally I would have lost my home and not have the job I do after the SHTF in '07. What specific actions would you LIKE Obama to take and how would they change the status quo?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Yea... kinda like Bush and McCain holding hands in the Spring of 2008 teling the Americcan public that 'the economy is fundamentally sound' when they knew that the wheels were coming off and we were circling the drain. Kinda like that you mean?

same chit different day really. devaluing the dollar and setting us up for some inflation the likes of which we have never seen before is what we will see. blame can be shared among any and every politician who does nothing but take care of themselves. i could care less what affiliation they claim nor when they were in office.

it's become big money verses the people and that's worldwide and many people are in fact sick of their crap so i don't see things staying status quot for very much longer, just ask the Spanish parliament how things are working out.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
In my area this is what I see, it is real and this is my experience. The best way I can prove it is for you to come and see it yourself. I cannot say it is proof of an economy getting better or worse. In my opinion it is an economy that is unmoving. I am lucky to live in an area that has not be as heavily effected as others. Regardless this is what I see.

At this time there are a lot of jobs hiring. There is expected growth in business and they are ramping up for it. This is not seasonal shopping increase in job but an increase in production jobs. Being located in the central U.S. makes a good place for factories as shipping is centralized and there are many ways to ship including railway, air, truck, and boat.

What I also see is that there have been many foreclosed homes bought by people, not banks or business, but real people. These homes were foreclosed and the way I understand it cheaper than buying another house outright though. I also see homes that are for sale for months and even years as they sit empty. Looking at the prices it seems people are asking more than the home is worth or more than people are willing to pay which is one and the same in my eye.

I also see people trying to sell vehicles that sit for months without selling. I see new cars hitting the road though. I also see people who in the past few years either traded in a car that got better MPG or did the cash for clunkers. Regardless they bought big not fuel efficient trucks and then sit and complain about how much it costs to put fuel in it. To tell the truth I stopped looking at fuel prices and fill up at a half tank when needed. Not looking at the prices removed a small amount of stress from my life; I need to buy it so why worry about the cost. The car I drive gets average fuel economy, not great but also not bad.

Back to my point though, what I see here is an economy that is not moving yet but is working at moving forward. Factories are hiring and spending money that they were not spending last year. Due to things happening with my company (not going to get into the details as this could give away vital information) things are really expected to improve. Within the next year huge growth is expected in my company as well as other factories around. With the company I am with though things are looking very positive. Job growth means home and car sales will improve.

Raist

top topics

<< 1   >>

join