It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven steps to restore prosperity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

This article outlines some possible ways to cure the problems.

Apparently the cures are necessary because of the causes.

The good news about our economy is that it hasn’t been struck down by some mysterious act of God. Acts of Government plague our nation – and acts of Government are entirely within our power to change.

Today I will not recite the dismal statistics behind the failed economic policies of this administration, nor the reasons why these policies have failed. The current Presidential campaign has plenty of that, and the fact is that every single American already knows the answer to Ronald Reagan’s simple question: “Are you better off today than you were four years ago.”

Today, I would instead like to look ahead to what the 113th Congress and the 45th President of the United States must do if we are to restore prosperity to this country.

The "7" with plenty of explanation in the article....

FIRST AND FOREMOST – IT’S THE SPENDING, STUPID.

SECOND, REGULATIONS ARE KILLING US.

THIRD, GET GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE WAY AND DEVELOP AMERICA’S VAST ENERGY POTENTIAL.

FOURTH, BROADEN, FLATTEN AND LOWER OUR TAX RATES.

FIFTH, STOP PICKING WINNERS AND LOSERS IN THE MARKETPLACE.

SIXTH, REPEAL OBAMACARE AND REPLACE IT WITH PATIENT-CENTERED DELIVERY SYSTEMS.

SEVENTH, STOP USING THE CIVIL JUSTICE SYSTEM FOR PLUNDER.

Which if any are more crucial ?

What happens if none of these issues are addressed ?

WHO is better qualified to initiate the cures ?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Today I will not recite the dismal statistics behind the failed economic policies of this administration, nor the reasons why these policies have failed. The current Presidential campaign has plenty of that, and the fact is that every single American already knows the answer to Ronald Reagan’s simple question: “Are you better off today than you were four years ago.”

Seeing how the national debt went up 186% and and personal bankruptcies went up by 610% under Reagan quite few people would have said no we are not.

True we waste way too much money on the war machine and fighting wars that we never should have started.

No regulations are not killing us it's just stopping wall street from crashing the economy again. And seeing how the DOW is higher than it's ever been it must not be hurting that bad.

THIRD, GET GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE WAY AND DEVELOP AMERICA’S VAST ENERGY POTENTIAL.

Last year we exported more oil than we imported. Under the Obama administration, America is producing more oil today than at any time in the last eight years.

The only people that need tax cuts are the middle class and poor. And the wealthy needs to pay the same percentage as everyone else.

That's right next time the banks cry we are too big fail just let them fail.

Like everyone in this country can afford healthcare. If a family of five makes less than 50K a year there is no way they could afford the high insurance rates. Under Ryan's plan seniors will be paying thousands more a year and if they are on a fixed income then they will just have to do without.

A person should have the right to sue for damages due to faulty equipment or accidents due to employers not having a safe work environment.

This is one of the worst just let companies do as they want articles I've ever had the displeasure to read.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Thanks OP.... That is a bit simplified and ignores the debt cloud looking to open a downpour all over us but for ideas on recovery it looks reasonable. In terms of regulation, absolutely dead on there. My last couple years of trucking were just a pain beyond all reason for not just the new regulation being added once or twice a year (and the DOT never seems to do things in SMALL ways) but the way the hours of service and a wide variety of other things were all coming to be used as taxation by regulation. Balancing the state budgets off the backs of the truckers was another way I sure heard it put.

Then I got over to doing some work in Construction and found the brand new book full of lead related regulations with classes and new certification and $1,000 vacuum cleaners to pick up the finest dust that might...just MIGHT....contain the merest trace of lead on a window or siding job.

Oh regulations have been such a joy, eh?

I think it can be summed up real well by just saying on Regulations, Taxes, Social Policy and the rest of our day to day lives, The Federal Government is invited to take a giant step OUT of our lives. Our kids AGREE after the lunch menu. lol... It takes A LOT to get kids political, but that did. Regulation on regulation...and committees to discuss them all.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Dear xuenchen,

I guess we have to start by defining prosperity. Which is more prosperous, a country where 1/3rd of your population goes hungry or one where everyone gets at least a Big Mac? Which is more prosperous, a country where 1/3rd have no medical attention or one where they get at least emergency services? Which would you prefer to live in, Canada or Mexico? Which does the US want to become?

Do we wish to reward Merit or Money? Do we really wish to reward someone for failing (the bankers perhaps) or the people who fix it? No, we call them whistle-blowers and fire them. I do not believe we should reward greed at the expense of doing the fair and right thing, nor, do I wish to reward laziness. I have worked since I was 12, over 40 years. I went to college and got my doctorate (not medical). I made a good living and lived in a country where I didn't see whole families starving to death in our land fills. There must be more than 2 choices.

FIRST AND FOREMOST – IT’S THE SPENDING, STUPID. SECOND, REGULATIONS ARE KILLING US. THIRD, GET GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE WAY AND DEVELOP AMERICA’S VAST ENERGY POTENTIAL. FOURTH, BROADEN, FLATTEN AND LOWER OUR TAX RATES. FIFTH, STOP PICKING WINNERS AND LOSERS IN THE MARKETPLACE. SIXTH, REPEAL OBAMACARE AND REPLACE IT WITH PATIENT-CENTERED DELIVERY SYSTEMS. SEVENTH, STOP USING THE CIVIL JUSTICE SYSTEM FOR PLUNDER.

1. Spending - Lets stop spending to kill people in foreign countries, we will be able to help our citizens if we do.
2. Regulations - We deregulated for 20 years, the banking and housing industries. Heck, you could give someone a loan if they claimed to make a million dollars a year and worked at McDonalds.
3. Energy - I am not against fracking or drilling, I am against doing it without taking the proper precautions. Rather than getting rid of regulations, what if we were to simplify them and enforce them harder?
4. Taxes - What if we had everyone pay 20%, a flat tax with no deductions and the source of income did not matter. Could we also agree that anyone living on welfare, social security or disability from the government did not get taxed on that money; but, got taxed on all other income?
5. Market Preference - As I said, I would tax everyone the same, no preference; however, I would still put money into Research and Development.
6. Universal Healthcare - I think we can find somethings in it that are not horrible. I think giving poor children healthcare is not bad and the elderly.
7. Legal Reform - Rather than money, let's replace it with limited money and guaranteed harsh sentences. That is how it is done in China. You are not arguing for that, you are arguing that there be minimal consequences for intentional actions that harm others, so as to not slow down commerce, money over people.

None of what you are proposing returns "prosperity". Living in a 175 foot square is not being prosperous, it is just doing better than living on the streets. The question is what is prosperity, not what makes a small of the population wealthy, what makes us a prosperous nation, that means all of us, not just half getting by and not just 1% having everything.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

May I translate your list for you? You see, when Republicans say these things they make them vague. If they said what they actually meant, no one would vote for them. So let me translate.

Translation: Cut social programs for the poor, keep or increase defense spending.

Translation: Our friends on Wall Street asked us if we can make it easier for them to steal from the middle class.

Translation: Our friends in the Oil business want to export more oil to other countries to keep the oil and gas prices high and benefit from the high market prices.

Translation: Broaden = Make poor people pay some taxes, even if it's not much (they have actually said this).
Flatten = Bring the upper tax bracket down to the lower tax bracket.
Lower our tax rates = Lower rich people's tax rate.

Translation: Stop trying to push alternative energy, our Oil friends don't like that.

Translation: "Patient Centered" means that if you have the money, you get healthcare, if not, please go die quietly so you don't bother us.

Translation: Stop suing our Corporate friends for killing or injuring the common folk.

There, that is much better. Now everyone can see what they actually mean.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

I cannot craft a reply as succinct and to the point as that one. Thank you.

I saw these in another thread some time ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here we go again.

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

BS! IT’S THE NUMBERS, STUPID
Learn math. Stop loving the super rich so much. They have to do their part, like pay taxes.

If properly regulated, wall street couldn't have done the latest FUBAR.
Regulations are good. What food would you eat without FDA? Perhaps you would like to privatize FDA? Put it under monsanto maybe?
Ensures that food is safe and wholesome, that cosmetics will not do harm, and that medicines, medical devices, and radiation-emitting consumer products such as microwave ovens are safe and effective. - OUTRAGEOUS!

Like to breath air? Want to put your childrens future in the hands of big oil?
Oil will run out. Government looking into energy is national security and sound.
If they didn't (democrats) you would probably want to impeach (incompetence). lol

Tax those who can pay. Not those who work.
The rich have gotten away with murder. It has to stop.
So get those taxes up. They have the money. No problem.

Nationalize the whole health care system. People pay 1% of the bill, the rest is subsidized (taxes).
Kick out big business. It's about caregiving, not profit.

new topics

top topics

join