It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Army's secret Cold War experiments on St. Louisans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Mods move to breaking news if needed.

It appears something was sprayed in the air on Americans,
the catch is, it was from cars and off the top of buildings,
not from aircraft according to local news.

In this breaking story.

The I-Team independently verified that the spraying of zinc cadmium sulfide did take place in St. Louis on thousands of unsuspecting citizens. What is unclear is whether the Army added a radioactive material to the compound as Martino-Taylor's research implies. "The study was secretive for reason. They didn't have volunteers stepping up and saying yeah, I'll breathe zinc cadmium sulfide with radioactive particles," said Martino-Taylor. Army archive pictures show how the tests were done in Corpus Christi, Texas in the 1960s. In Texas, planes were used to drop the chemical. But in St. Louis, the Army placed chemical sprayers on buildings and station wagons.

www.ksdk.com...

gradworks.umi.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Whoops the news says,
airplanes also.

Army archive pictures show how the tests were done in Corpus Christi, Texas in the 1960s. In Texas, planes were used to drop the chemical.

www.ksdk.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rudy2shoes

It was done from aircraft too, and is well known these days although obviously secret at the time.

See:

Operation LAC
Operation Dew (specifically operation Dew II)

also the British did similar experiments.

There were also experiments with denatured or "harmless" biological agents to see how they would spread.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Is it tradition in the USA that people in high office are psychopaths?

Outragious...!!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
ffs imagine what they are doing RIGHT NOW.
I won't believe for a second we aren't doing some current heinous experiments that makes these look like a Goebbel's fairytale.

Have we really changed that much since?
Cold war is over sure but I don't think they would just halt these projects because of that..

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Why was it outrageous?

In the context of the tiem - the cold war - there was a huge amount of fear about the possible use of chemical and biological weapons.

So TPTB used what they thought were quite harmless products to test some aspects of chemical and biological warfare in an entirely harmless manner.

It is easy to get on ones high horse now and complain about it, but to be perfectly honest, and having lived at the time some of htese experimetns were carried out, I think if the population HAD been asked I think they would ahve readily agreed to them. All sorts of things could be done with a good "red scare".

That said, apparently some psychopathic traits make for a good president..
edit on 25-9-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I won't believe for a second we aren't doing some current heinous experiments that makes these look like a Goebbel's fairytale.

Cold war is over sure but I don't think they would just halt these projects because of that..

They halted these projects BEFORE the cold war ended.

And ffs yourself - just 'cos something was done in the past does NOT mean it is being done now - you don't still have chattel slavery do you??

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

And ffs yourself - just 'cos something was done in the past does NOT mean it is being done now - you don't still have chattel slavery do you??

I don't believe you for a second.

THOSE projects may have closed, but who says that an even more secretive project didn't manifest?

how can we even trust those people to tell the truth that they closed it in the first place??
edit on 25-9-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I like this part,

Documents confirmed that city officials were kept in the dark about the tests. The Cold War cover story was that the Army was testing smoke screens to protect cities from a Russian attack. The truth, according to Martino-Taylor was much more sinister. "It was pretty shocking. The level of duplicity and secrecy. Clearly they went to great lengths to deceive people," she said.

so how many people were in on the plan to secretly spray us?
Any old Army guys want to step up tell us the story, my grandfather was Army Air Core and in Saint Louis at the time but I did not hear this one.

edit on 25-9-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: Grandpa

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I don't believe you for a second.

THOSE projects may have closed, but who says that an even more secretive project didn't manifest?

no-one - got any evidence that they did?

how can we even trust those people to tell the truth that they closed it in the first place??

How can you trust anyone at all?

Or perhaps you could test the air for zinc cadmium sulphate - I suspect it is quite easy to find if it is there as it is fluorescent, and has a very distinctive chemical makeup, and they used it precisely beause it would be easy to spot.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rudy2shoes
I like this part,

Documents confirmed that city officials were kept in the dark about the tests. The Cold War cover story was that the Army was testing smoke screens to protect cities from a Russian attack. The truth, according to Martino-Taylor was much more sinister. "It was pretty shocking. The level of duplicity and secrecy. Clearly they went to great lengths to deceive people," she said.

so how many people were in on the plan to secretly spray us?
Any old Army guys want to step up tell us the story, my grandfather was Army Air Core and in Saints Louis at the time but I did not hear this one.

given they only used a handful of cargo a/c it seems likely that the vast majority of USAF (it was an airforce at het time - not an air corps
) personnel would have had nothing at all to do with it.

how many people would have known??

Well the pilots would know their mission profile and the load, some ground crew would have known the load, someone had to search for the spread of the material and log it, some geeks somewhere would have analysed the data and of course it would have gone to the military section that dealt with war planning and biological and chemical scanarios, and undoubtably it was authorised by someone in that section too.

Overall - for a small number of missions I would be surprised is many more than 100's of people (as opposed to 1000's) would have known enough to identify the purpose, and few of those would have been "line" military.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

How can that be Alo...? You are in a doubtful mood...not about chemtrails I hope..
..ha,ha.

To answer your question.....how would you like if your neighbour does some experiment on you or your house with a completely harmless "something"? Afterwards he says..."yeah...you should know that my initiative was for your protection/ safety/ well-being too"...BS..It is not the way how to do things...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I think if the population HAD been asked I think they would ahve readily agreed to them. All sorts of things could be done with a good "red scare".

Reading that was like enduring the sounds of nails sliding across a chalk board.

I was a small child in S.t Louis during the spraying years. I can say with certainty that the population would not have agreed to this and would have called it out as it turns out to have been.... a crime against the citizens of St. Louis.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

I think if the population HAD been asked I think they would ahve readily agreed to them. All sorts of things could be done with a good "red scare".

Reading that was like enduring the sounds of nails sliding across a chalk board.

I was a small child in S.t Louis during the spraying years. I can say with certainty that the population would not have agreed to this and would have called it out as it turns out to have been.... a crime against the citizens of St. Louis.

Yeah my Grandfather moved out of the area in 73 and died, and he was the most sick/worn out old man,
spend is whole life 20 years in the Army, they moved him to Air Core makes me wonder what they may have done to him.

edit on 25-9-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The personal stories in this Pdf are heart breaking.

Approximately a week or two later, there was a knock on my front door at home. My neighbor asked if she could have a minute of my time, and next shared a personal story with me. Ten years prior, she had survived a brain tumor. She explained that she had come to me for a specific reason, however…she had been sprayed as a child while on the playground at school, by “something that the military was doing”, and she had for a decade believed that her brain tumor was caused by that event.

gradworks.umi.com...

My challenge beyond uncovering how it was that the St. Louis aerosol studies came to be, and all that they entailed, was to also explain how over a long period of time (in this case decades), a large number of rotating personnel- seemingly normal people (defined here as those who don‟t desire to impose harm on others in general) can knowingly come to engage in harmful or criminal actions towards others, or in unethical actions for the benefit of their organization.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The story says 1945-1970,
in 1945 it was not the Air Force it was the Army Air Core.
And the story says Army used planes for chemical delivery.

Army archive pictures show how the tests were done in Corpus Christi, Texas in the 1960s. In Texas, planes were used to drop the chemical.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The US Army Air Corps (USAAC) ceased to exist as an administrative structure on 9 March 1942, being replaced by the Army Air Force (AAF, but usually referred to as the USAAF), which itself was abolished in favour of the USAF in 1947.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The US Army Air Corps (USAAC) ceased to exist as an administrative structure on 9 March 1942, being replaced by the Army Air Force (AAF, but usually referred to as the USAAF), which itself was abolished in favour of the USAF in 1947.

Better tell the Government they screwed up because the papers we have of 2 relatives after WW2 say
Honorable Discharge from Army Air Core 1946.

Although abolished as an organization in 1942, the Air Corps (AC) remained as a branch of the Army until 1947.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here is a link to a partial list of places sprayed.

www.nap.edu...

Looks like on this partial list,
Saint Louis had the highest levels of inhaled aerosols sprayed by the Army.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Minneapolis Called Toxic Test Site in '53
Published: June 11, 1994
In a 1953 cold war experiment, the Army sprayed clouds of toxic material over Minneapolis dozens of times and may have caused miscarriages and stillbirths, a public television station here has reported.

Old Story of harmless chemical release by Army.
www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join