It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Surround Congress in Madrid and Demand Immdeidate Resignation of Government

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by Bodhi911

What disturbs me about that video are the 'paparazzi' taking pictures of those being arrested like they were!

Just... unbelievable.

Some of those "paparazzi" are undercover cops getting protester ID photos for raids and intimidation later. Some of them are working with protest groups to capture evidence of police brutality too. They are not all just paps, because there isn't that much money in spending hours taking photos of a protest - especially not when there are a hundred other photogs taking snaps too.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
so I have been watching for this since august. The news here was silent for the most part about it, and when it all started they tried to down play it. We are just now getting images on local news and national of what happened last night.

Besides the cops being surrounded and having to evac on one occasion, there were many police officers that received beatings. It turns out that the people were not the only ones getting lumped up. There are a couple of videos surfacing on the news of cops being beaten, their gear being striped form their hands, riot shields flying, batons being practically handed over to the crowds.

It is a good thing there are not guns stores here because all this situation needs is a couple of shots fired for a revolution to be seeded in earnest.

IMO, they have 3 weeks to a month to disperse this crowd before they start going hungry, tired, and much more desperate /angrier. This is not a peaceful demonstration, it was not from the get go. The republican flag flies over all the crowds. This is the second civil war.

People are too blind to see it. Too much more complacent and comfortable than they realize. They have ignored all radicals and downplayed their capability. All the wishful thinking in the world will not save Madrid or Spain for that matter.

this will burn while they ignore it and laugh from their offices, untill they have to rush to the airports.

edit on 26-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
UK MSN are not covering the Madrid protest, which is fishy....

But it is covering the Greek riots.

Any theories on the logic of this?

Why is Madrid bad, but Greece OK. If Madrid is anti the agenda of the MSN, why is Greece pro their agenda?

Is it simply because UK citizens won't identify with Greece because it has already gone down the drain - the Government has already been ousted, while UK citizen's may identify with the Spanish since they are in a more similar position to the British?

Greece = Bad = Good / Spain = Bad = Bad... Definitely exposes something, but what exactly?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Anyway we can merge the two threads about this to make it easier to keep track of?

There's another here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
so I have been watching for this since august. The news here was silent for the most part about it, and when it all started they tried to down play it. We are just now getting images on local news and national of what happened last night.

Besides the cops being surrounded and having to evac on one occasion, there were many police officers that received beatings. It turns out that the people were not the only ones getting lumped up. There are a couple of videos surfacing on the news of cops being beaten, their gear being striped form their hands, riot shields flying, batons being practically handed over to the crowds.

I

Can you provide me some links to these videos?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

look...
this one presented the news, is in the breaking political news forum and is more about to discuss the topic...
my one was moved to social issues and civil unrest and i update always as soon i get more informations...

(maybe this op was first, but i got the vids and pics and connections to the groups
)
edit on 26-9-2012 by JimIrie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

Greek protests are against further 'austerity' measures, Spanish protests call for the removal of government?

UK media and public information reports on what to expect when disagreeing with government but government do not want the public to be aware that in other parts of the world, protesters have introduced the idea that government are dispensible?

Most likely some sort of commercial arrangement? An bilateral agreement between the two countries' tourist boards perhaps?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

in the other thread are the most vids and pics

...and i will update for the new stuff as i am connected with lot of the involved groups

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I hope someone is getting screen shots of everything they can be for this is buried so deep in the web no one can ever find it again.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Side Note: Where are the basques? Haven't they been seeking independence from Spain forever? I heard those guys are radical by radical standards....if they get up in there on those protests, it will be like a lit match to a stick of dynamite....

Seems that the spainards got tired of all the "PIGS" jokes. (Portugal, Ireland,Greece,Spain) I can't say I blame them....the entire EU is a mystery to me, how they are even functioning at this point. I don't think it is just the "pigs" nations either.....I think all the eu countries are really struggling and if Spain is any indication, I think this is just the begining of something larger.

My heart goes out to the people of Spain right now.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
if this happens here it'll be because people want the government to do more, and not because they want the government to step down.

our population is an idiocracy

ANd that's a very valid point. We see these OWS type protestors, or hte anti G8 protestors and they are not protesting for more individual freedom, they are protesting for more government and more handouts and more of the same policies that brankrupt countries. "Usefull idiots"

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
This is so awesome. Oh how I wish the day would come where Americans would wake up and follow suit.

We held an END THE FED protest this last Saturday and it was just so appalling that the whole block and surrounding streets weren't there with us...the people are so docile..

At least we got this awesome picture out of it

edit on 25-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

People are docile here in the US. At least you are doing SOMETHING to try and change the course of history.

We need to march and make our congress resign as well. This is sooo ridiculous!! Voting time is here and none should be voted in as far as Im concerned.

I bet Ron Paul will not be on my ballot here in TN again. I dont want dumb or dumber and I sure dont want someone who is already corrupted, bought and paid for.

I want people who represent the good will of America. UGH!

This Country has got to be fixed and the only way to do that is to end the fed, end congress, and start fresh.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

This is a bad start to begin a discussion.

The first Billion-dollar bailout package was from Bush close to 2008 election.

Obama did another round and the total is at Trillion-level.

No party is innocent, bipartisan corruption.

It came out last year that JPMorgan profits from the supposed welfare of food stamps that Republicans love to attack.

Obama won't prosecute Goldman Sachs, with the excuse of "insufficient evidence"

Did Republicans defend the population against foreclosures from their predatory bank allies?

Welfare programs dependence argument is bad too, the economic/financial policies and regulations[lack of] made the conditions to make it necessary.

We are at a point of false polarisation of Democrat and Republican sides...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Wanna see Riot Police panic? When they charge like that, close their escape route and have some bats or poles. You get to beat up on me? I get to beat up on you. I wish sometimes they wouldn't run (Crowd), but close their escape route and attack back. Beat em up a good bit and then let em go. Teach em what it feels like to be hit with batons. So tired of seeing police beat up on people and then brag about it. I know because i have family who are police officers and brag about it.

Also, avoid killing the police officers, you'll get the national guard called out and a bunch of 18 year olds who cant even sing the first few lines of the National Anthem comes out with m4s. If that happens, crap is going to get bad.
edit on 26-9-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Maybe they should storm the Santiago Bernabeu stadium as well, and request cutting the outrageous salaries of up to 600.000 euro's a week! for these spoiled football players

Even taxpayers in Northern Europe pay for these!!!
edit on 26-9-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.es...=1565854

many Images and video....and is updated constantly
edit on 26-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wujotvowujotvowujotvo
reply to post by NavyDoc

This is a bad start to begin a discussion.

The first Billion-dollar bailout package was from Bush close to 2008 election.

Obama did another round and the total is at Trillion-level.

No party is innocent, bipartisan corruption.

It came out last year that JPMorgan profits from the supposed welfare of food stamps that Republicans love to attack.

Obama won't prosecute Goldman Sachs, with the excuse of "insufficient evidence"

Did Republicans defend the population against foreclosures from their predatory bank allies?

Welfare programs dependence argument is bad too, the economic/financial policies and regulations[lack of] made the conditions to make it necessary.

We are at a point of false polarisation of Democrat and Republican sides...

I did not say anything about Repub vs Democrat, just that many of those protestors are protesting the wrong things. When they want more government to solve their problems, when they want redistribution, when they want more regulation, when they want more government largess, then they enable government to keep doing everything you outlined above.

link   
Funny thing is most european news portals also do not mention either Spain or Greece. Very interesting. Stupid, but interesting. Didn't know one could think hiding such info from public is possible in 2012.

link   
Does anyone know what media outlets are covering the story yet and when they started covering it?
Nothing in the Washington Post or the CNN site yet, not that I thought there would be.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gigaherc
Funny thing is most european news portals also do not mention either Spain or Greece. Very interesting. Stupid, but interesting. Didn't know one could think hiding such info from public is possible in 2012.

Washington Post did have something on Greece
Washington Post Greece
But it was very easy to over look.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join