It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Illuminati Real and Does It Matter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

the devil exists inside you, nowhere else. # the 13 families, they dont mean # to me....and they shouldnt mean # to anyone else. they exist off of our labour, creativity and dreams. without us they are nothing. we have all the power....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

you are confusing the Illuminati with various secret societies through out the ages, most people do this and they fail to understand the truth of the teachings. look to the gnostic, hermetic, rosicrucian and alchemist teachings. the so-called Illuminati took the original truths and subverted them for control. the stuff you are talking about is propaganda to sell albums and clothing....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If your philosophy in life is
'Row well and live'
then it doesnt matter

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

You're certainly entitled to think that, but I would disagree. There are cities designed as idols, symbols written into the Earth, symbols hidden right in front of our faces. This isn't about money, they print the money, it's spiritual warfare. Sounds looney I know, but we are living in a Matrix.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

doesn't sound looney, I agree with you. I think we are just disagreeing on the origins of it. I used to be really into the masonic/illuminati thing back in the day (im almost 40!) but when I started to research the ancient societies, their texts and what they taught, it was a real shift for me.

take for example your idea of the city. yes, planners and architects with this ancient knowledge designed these cities to be a certain way. what was their reasoning for this? no one knows but them but those same laws can be used for "good" or "bad", its all about intention, specifically theirs in this case.

if you live mindfully and create your own reality by setting your own intentions, you can use this ancient knowledge as well, not only to make your life better but to make their signs and symbols useless to you. if you are "in your own power" so to speak then no one can touch you. those who are not living in the present are easily affected by this. stay mindful, grounded and filled with equanimity and it doesn't matter what the Illuminati, or whatever you want to call them, are up too. It just doesn't matter.

Peace to you my friend...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Fair enough, sounds reasonable to me, and I'm certainly no guru or expert on the matter. As for the origins, I don't think it started with the Illuminati and Secret Societies, they just have the knowledge and carried it on, orchestrated by Satan and Fallen Angels IMO (Jesus is the only reason I have come across knowledge like this, for most of my life I was an atheist), but if you want to substitute other beings to fit your beliefs that would work too. The Egyptians, the Mayans and Aztecs, the Bible, the modern world etc., the same symbols, characters, and stories are shown over and over again, made to seem totally independent of each other, but they are all connected. You obviously know this stuff too, so I can't discount how you came by the knowledge as being true, but I can really only go by my experience.
edit on 26-9-2012 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Are we being manipulated by an unseen force that rules our lives?

I would say yes, but the ones in control is in fact the International Banking Cartel. These guys, we know their names but never ever see them, that is, unless we are invited to their top secret meetings to set the value of the money, and the prices of everything we buy. Whether one believes it or not, we as a people are wholly controlled by our money.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Excellent post, really thought provoking. I agree that we have been hypnotised by the consumer society. Before the global economic downturn most of us were more than happy to live in that fake world thinking only of our material pleasures.

I sometimes think it's too easy to blame some small shadowy elite group for all of our problems.The fact is that the world is on a collision course with disaster and I think we all need to take a long hard look at ourselves as individuals.

Once again, superb post, thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Are we being manipulated by an unseen force that rules our lives?

I would say yes, but the ones in control is in fact the International Banking Cartel. These guys, we know their names but never ever see them, that is, unless we are invited to their top secret meetings to set the value of the money, and the prices of everything we buy. Whether one believes it or not, we as a people are wholly controlled by our money.

I agree, we are controlled by our money but to what degree is our own choosing. Nobody forced massive debts on to me or you, we chose to do that to ourselves. I have managed to get myself out of debt, save money, invest in metals and have prepared for those times when money might not be available. the massive stress load that alleviates is pretty amazing! most of us can do this IF we want....its just that most don't. so yes, there is a shadowy group offering the rope but we tied the noose.

JournoforTruth - thank you for your comment!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Different people advocate different means of escaping perceived forcasted trouble. Some people choose precious metals (myself included to a certain extent).

But I do believe that to close one's eyes to what goes on in the world is not a good idea. While one may have to decide what efforts to expend in avoiding trouble - yet to say it doesn't exist is not wise IMHO.

Illuminati - it is a term used often by many to indicate one organization, one agenda. All of us have our thoughts on various issues and display this in the open (we have screen names to hide behind) - our agendas are our world views and their exposition, possibly for some effect or another. Illuminati are people who expose a view to the world in some way shape or form from a hidden place.

However, there are people who are actively out there promoting views that are intended to harm others and the common folk. It is part of the abuse of power. Some argue that all power is abusive.... I find that the necessity to submit to organizations exists for humans who wish to live in a collective with the benefits that come from doing so. Others submit to cave dwelling - and this is fine too. The power of the cave is great for some.

However, I personally believe that one shouldn't live with eyes shut tight. It is part of the reason I come to ATS - I feel it is necessary to understand the underpinnings of the world we live in and adapt for survival by uncovering the activities of such greater powers.

As for the massive debts - we are forced to take the debt on - it is governments that borrow on your or my behalf that is the problem. Eventually tax collection has to pay the debt and it's interest.
edit on 27-9-2012 by sensibleSenseless because: last lines

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I believe that they are real. I see your point in that they have no power over our individual choices and our ultimate path in our personal lives. However, I disagree that they don't matter on the larger scale of humanity. I feel that this is a spiritual power struggle. They can go by whatever name they would like, but they have left their mark all across history. One of my personal theories is that, just like so many others who wanted to remain truly anonymous, they merely changed names and affiliations to continue on their goal of ultimate power.
Unfortunately, our apathy and ignorance as a whole of humanity is mostly responsible for the actual power that they seem to currently wield. I would love to think that the now G20, and the Bilderberg meetings and the crashing of world economies mean nothing to me and do not affect my life in any way. That is buying into the hypnotic show that has been orchestrated to keep everybody occupied.

This is where I agree the most with the OP, our personal, individual decisions shape our daily lives more than TPTB. I choose to pay attention to what I feed my family, because I cannot blindly trust what they hand us. I choose to research the candidates in every election and speak my voice, every time, so that I have some effect on the policies made that govern my life and my freedoms.

I choose to take the responsibility for my own family, rather than have the entitlement attitude of " it is owed to me". I choose to get out of bed every morning and care for my family, my home and my other responsibilities.

One of those responsibilities is vigilance. I refuse to be an unwitting victim of somebody else's power trip. I don't need what they are pushing, but I know too many people around me do, when the trance is broken and the truth is laid bare for everyone (if that ever happens) I don't want to be taken by surprise.

Thanks for the post!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join