It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns U.S. will ‘do what we must’ on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Today President Obama stood before the world stage today warned Iran that the United States will "do what we must to stop Tehran from getting weapon" (quote on quote)

NEW YORK - Exactly six weeks before election day, President Barack Obama stood on the world stage Tuesday and warned Iran that the United States will "do what we must" to stop Tehran from getting a nuclear weapon. In what could be his last speech to the annual U.N. General Assembly, Obama also told "Arab Spring" countries groping their way uncertainly towards democracy that they have a friend—and a role model—in America. But, he said, they must battle the forces of intolerance and extremism threatening what should be "a season of progress." "The United States of America will always stand up for these aspirations, for our own people, and all across the world. That was our founding purpose," he said.

It continues to get more interesting doesn't when we hear how Israel is too eager to strike Iran over it nuclear program but the United States caution Israel not to do so..when was this..what, couple weeks or not days ago?

And now Obama is singing a different tune on the subject matter by saying "to do what we must" to stop Tehran from getting a nuclear weapon.

How many times is the President going to "talk the talk" on the issue if their not ready for a war. All I hear is same story flip-flopping every week it seems.

The president, under fire from Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney for his handling of Iran's atomic ambitions, dedicated part of his 30-minute address to warning the Islamic republic that he cannot live with a nuclear-armed Tehran. "Make no mistake: a nuclear-armed Iran is not a challenge that can be contained," Obama said. "It would threaten the elimination of Israel, the security of Gulf nations, and the stability of the global economy. It risks triggering a nuclear-arms race in the region, and the unraveling of the non-proliferation treaty," Obama continued. "That's why the United States will do what we must to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon."

Mitt Romney has a different opinion on the matter by saying, Iran has the capability of possessing one and which is an threat to Israel and the U.S.

(Romney has at times taken a tougher line. In a July speech in Jerusalem, he declared that "Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons capability presents an intolerable threat to Israel, to America, and to the world." The key word there was "capability"—not an actual nuclear weapon, but the ability to build one. That lined the Republican up more closely with Netanyahu.)

m.yahoo.com... S&.lang=en-US

Diplomacy and economic sanctions will not work for this county. If Iran really wants a nuclear, they will obtain one without anyone permission to do so.

My opinion says, U.S. needs to stop trying to protect Israel and let them meet their own fate by using stupidity thinking. Can we convince ourselves that we will not go to war with this country?

Keep it clean and respect each other opinions. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think USA should be friend with Iran instead of Israel.
Afterall they got oil!

Why USA giving money to Israel, why not using it to buy oil ?
Billions of USD can buy a lot of oil you know.

Giving it to Israel is like giving it to Uganda, - gets nothing.

Who made this dumb decisions ?

edit on 25-9-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Knowing the way the u.s. operates, they probably want to take Iran oil instead of buying it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Knowing the way the u.s. operates, they probably want to take Iran oil instead of buying it.

If someone said they wanted to buy my product, and I knew they were 16+ trillion dollars in debt, I'm sure I would tell them to kick rocks down the old dirt road.

I'm going to walk into Walmart today and buy a cartload of stuff and tell them sorry I don't have the cash, here is an I.O.U

It is no different than the situation the US is in today.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6

And spends a trillion more on war, hmm pretty nice way to do things.
By backing up Israel, not only USA lower reputation its lose more money on already near bankrupt nation.

Yeah, way to go USA, I wonder when we will see change.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid
Afterall they got oil!

its all related to zionism, british empire, al saud, post-ww2 USA, end times, Imam Mahdi, Antichrist, and the 7 years tribulation

Its long to connect it all, its never about oil, well maybe 20%, but its mainly about religion and the end times. Thats fact

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Originally posted by NullVoid
Afterall they got oil!

its all related to zionism, british empire, al saud, post-ww2 USA, end times, Imam Mahdi, Antichrist, and the 7 years tribulation

Its long to connect it all, its never about oil, well maybe 20%, but its mainly about religion and the end times. Thats fact

Like in this link ?

The war is to be directed in such a manner that Islam (the Arab World including Mohammedanism) and Political Zionism (including the State of Israel) will destroy themselves while at the same time the remaining nations, once more divided against each other on this issue, will be forced to fight themselves into a state of complete exhaustion physically, mentally, spiritually and economically.

top topics

join