It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words of "Wisdom" from Obama, wait never mind.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Do as I say not as I do

Obama, to The View: 'Marginalize' Video By Ignoring It

President Obama made the case to the ladies of The View that we should "marginalize" the infamous anti-Islam video that supposedly sparked attacks on American embassies across the world by "ignoring it."

"I don't care how offensive this video was, and it was terribly offensive. And we should shun it. But there's never an excuse for violence, never an excuse for attacking embassies, never an excuse for killing innocent people, or assaulting our diplomats. In the age of the Internet, and you know, the way that any knucklehead who says something can post it up and suddenly it travels all around the world, you know, every country has to recognize that, you know, the best way to marginalize that kind of speech is to ignore it."

www.weeklystandard.com...

Never and excuse for violence eh?

Never and excuse for killiing innocent people eh?

What does Obama think he has been doing for the past 4 years?

GM is alive and Bin Laden is dead

Those were kind words being dropped in Pakistan,Yemen,Afghanistan,Libya, and elsewhere under his orders.

Blaming a video that was not the root cause of what has transpired in the past few weeks.

Anything to deflect from his failed foreign policy.
edit on 25-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He can't help himself. He was uttering the same BS in front of the UN today. Despite lack of evidence of any "movie protests" prior to the attacks on our undefended Libyan consulate. All was quiet before the direct and indirect fire conflict.

Small arms, RPG and mortar fire were all deployed by those angry about a movie.... That is laughable!!!

Once the egg finally dries on Obama's face he's going to have one hell of a time scraping it off after the election.....

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Some more words

This evening on CBS's 60 Minutes, President Barack Obama called the recent violence in the Middle East "bumps in the road."

CBS's Steve Kroft asked, “Have the events that took place in the Middle East, the recent events in the Middle East given you any pause about your support for the governments that have come to power following the Arab Spring?”

President Obama answered, “Well, I'd said even at the time that this is going to be a rocky path. The question presumes that somehow we could have stopped this wave of change. I think it was absolutely the right thing for us to do to align ourselves with democracy, universal rights-- a notion that-- people have- to be able to-- participate-- in-- their own governance. But I was pretty certain and continue to be pretty certain that there are going to be bumps in the road because-- you know, in a lot of these places-- the one organizing principle-- has been Islam. The one part of society that hasn't been controlled completely by the government. There are strains of extremism, and anti-Americanism, and anti-Western sentiment. And you know can be tapped into by demagogues. There will probably be some times where we bump up against some of these countries and have strong disagreements, but I do think that over the long term, we are more likely to get a Middle East and North Africa that is more peaceful, more prosperous and more aligned with our interests.”

nation.foxnews.com...

So the deaths are just "bumps" in a road?

Sorry Neo, just thought I'd add some more pearls of "wisdom".

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
so?...what would you expect him to say?....please enlighten us with your own diplomatic oratory skills...and be specific, or.... would your idea be, to just go and bomb the crap out of them?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
double post
edit on 25-9-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

A "bump in the road"... A record number of coordinated attacks and protests on US embassies is a "bump in the road" for Obama. A bump in the road to where exactly?? He's unfazed by it all because he was expecting it....

Glenn Beck is about to launch a two part series on "the project" of the Muslim Brotherhood. Most enlightening

"Civilization Jihad" all in sealed records withing the DOJ
www.theblaze.com...

I first read about "the project" a couple years ago here.

In fact, such a document was recovered in a raid by Swiss authorities in November 2001, two months after the horror of 9/11. Since that time information about this document, known in counterterrorism circles as “The Project”, and discussion regarding its content has been limited to the top-secret world of Western intelligence communities. Only through the work of an intrepid Swiss journalist, Sylvain Besson of Le Temps, and his book published in October 2005 in France, La conquête de l'Occident: Le projet secret des Islamistes (The Conquest of the West: The Islamists' Secret Project), has information regarding The Project finally been made public. One Western official cited by Besson has described The Project as “a totalitarian ideology of infiltration which represents, in the end, the greatest danger for European societies.”

Now FrontPage readers will be the first to be able to read the complete English translation of The Project.

What Western intelligence authorities know about The Project begins with the raid of a luxurious villa in Campione, Switzerland on November 7, 2001. The target of the raid was Youssef Nada, director of the Al-Taqwa Bank of Lugano, who has had active association with the Muslim Brotherhood for more than 50 years and who admitted to being one of the organization’s international leaders. The Muslim Brotherhood, regarded as the oldest and one of the most important Islamist movements in the world, was founded by Hasan al-Banna in 1928 and dedicated to the credo, “Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. Qur’an is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope.”

The raid was conducted by Swiss law enforcement at the request of the White House in the initial crackdown on terrorist finances in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. US and Swiss investigators had been looking at Al-Taqwa’s involvement in money laundering and funding a wide range of Islamic terrorist groups, including Al-Qaeda, HAMAS (the Palestinian affiliate of the Muslim Brotherhood), the Algerian GIA, and the Tunisian Ennahdah

This was a long term plan written in 1982 and look at where the world is rapidly heading one nation at a time

Included in the documents seized during the raid of Nada’s Swiss villa was a 14-page plan written in Arabic and dated December 1, 1982, which outlines a 12-point strategy to “establish an Islamic government on earth” – identified as The Project. According to testimony given to Swiss authorities by Nada, the unsigned document was prepared by “Islamic researchers” associated with the Muslim Brotherhood.

Tactics

Cultivating an Islamist intellectual community, including the establishment of think-tanks and advocacy groups, and publishing “academic” studies, to legitimize Islamist positions and to chronicle the history of Islamist movements;

Building extensive social networks of schools, hospitals and charitable organizations dedicated to Islamist ideals so that contact with the movement for Muslims in the West is constant;

Involving ideologically committed Muslims in democratically-elected institutions on all levels in the West, including government, NGOs, private organizations and labor unions;

Instrumentally using existing Western institutions until they can be converted and put into service of Islam;

Take special note of these tactics and compare that to what we are currently facing (again this is from 1982)

Instituting alliances with Western “progressive” organizations that share similar goals;

Creating autonomous “security forces” to protect Muslims in the West;

Inflaming violence and keeping Muslims living in the West “in a jihad frame of mind”;

Supporting jihad movements across the Muslim world through preaching, propaganda, personnel, funding, and technical and operational support;

Making the Palestinian cause a global wedge issue for Muslims;

Get that last one?? Just what Obama was alleged to have pledged when he spoke at Rashid Khalidi's going away party in 2003

Much More!!

archive.frontpagemag.com...

Translation of Arabic text that was discovered..
archive.frontpagemag.com...

edit on 25-9-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Do as I say not as I do

Obama, to The View: 'Marginalize' Video By Ignoring It

President Obama made the case to the ladies of The View that we should "marginalize" the infamous anti-Islam video that supposedly sparked attacks on American embassies across the world by "ignoring it."

"I don't care how offensive this video was, and it was terribly offensive. And we should shun it. But there's never an excuse for violence, never an excuse for attacking embassies, never an excuse for killing innocent people, or assaulting our diplomats. In the age of the Internet, and you know, the way that any knucklehead who says something can post it up and suddenly it travels all around the world, you know, every country has to recognize that, you know, the best way to marginalize that kind of speech is to ignore it."

www.weeklystandard.com...

Never and excuse for violence eh?

Never and excuse for killiing innocent people eh?

What does Obama think he has been doing for the past 4 years?

GM is alive and Bin Laden is dead

Those were kind words being dropped in Pakistan,Yemen,Afghanistan,Libya, and elsewhere under his orders.

Blaming a video that was not the root cause of what has transpired in the past few weeks.

Anything to deflect from his failed foreign policy.

Bin Laden's death was part of a war started by Bin Laden on 9/11/2001. Since then, Presidents G.W. Bush and Barack Obama have brought the war against those who started it. If you're going to make snap judgments against President Obama, then it is important to consider CONTEXT. And, what is the point of criticizing Obama over this issue, other than your obvious dislike for the man for whatever reason. Armchair quarterbacking President Obama seems to be popular these days and the cheap shots keep coming.

If he takes action, he did too much. If he holds-off taking action, then he's done too little. If his actions suceed, then he can't take the credit; should his actions fail, then he gets full blame. People want to have it both ways when talking about President Obama. Sure, the world is not fair, but man these are just BAD CALLS like the new NFL refs.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Armchair quarterbacking President Obama seems to be popular these days and the cheap shots keep coming.

So listened to that armchair quarterbacking for the last 12 years about the last guy, Now if some people have a problem holding the current guy to the standards that were set for the last guy.

Not my problem,.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

If you're going to make snap judgments against President Obama, then it is important to consider CONTEXT. And, what is the point of criticizing Obama over this issue, other than your obvious dislike for the man for whatever reason. Armchair quarterbacking President Obama seems to be popular these days and the cheap shots keep coming.

If he takes action, he did too much. If he holds-off taking action, then he's done too little. If his actions suceed, then he can't take the credit; should his actions fail, then he gets full blame. People want to have it both ways when talking about President Obama. Sure, the world is not fair, but man these are just BAD CALLS like the new NFL refs.

Where were you when the Liberals and the MSM were doing this to President Bush?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Armchair quarterbacking President Obama seems to be popular these days and the cheap shots keep coming.

So listened to that armchair quarterbacking for the last 12 years about the last guy, Now if some people have a problem holding the current guy to the standards that were set for the last guy.

Not my problem,.

I made specific replies to this thread. I even defended Bush's actions post 9/11 and certainly didn't criticize him. But, if you supported Bush's actions (the war), then you're attacking of Obama is hypocritical. I just called it out.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I made specific replies to this thread. I even defended Bush's actions post 9/11 and certainly didn't criticize him. But, if you supported Bush's actions (the war), then you're attacking of Obama is hypocritical. I just called it out.

No Obama promised to end the war. He never even tried. So holding him to what he said that he would do is not being hypocritical.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yep Obama was the anti war candidate and has waged bigger war than the last guy which makes him the hypocrite.

The guy who said water boarding is evil then kill Bin laden makes him a hypocrite.

The guy who campaigned on closing gitmo then turns around signs the NDAA and executed more drone strikes that the last guy makes him the hypocrite,

Now if my name was Obama then I'd be a hypocrite, but alas my name isn't,

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The entire world is laughing at an America that could be so dumbed down as to elect this guy.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

If you're going to make snap judgments against President Obama, then it is important to consider CONTEXT. And, what is the point of criticizing Obama over this issue, other than your obvious dislike for the man for whatever reason. Armchair quarterbacking President Obama seems to be popular these days and the cheap shots keep coming.

Where were you when the Liberals and the MSM were doing this to President Bush?

This thread is about armchair quarterbacking President Obama. Personally, I didn't criticize Bush on this issue. Obama merely inherited two wars and prosecuted them accordingly. He ended the war in Iraq with a minimal loss of US lives and is winding-down the one in Afghanistan. Of course, for people who are for the opening post's assertions, Obama will only be criticized for what he does, no matter what. Again, if he acts, it's too much; if he doesn't, then it's not enough; if he succeeds, then he had little to do with it; if he fails, he had everything to do with it. Wow. Hypocrisy at its *finest,* gentlemen and ladies.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by jibeho

interesting post and bang on as far as im concerned,. i read a book few years ago called cold terror by stewart bell, this novel reflects 'the project' very well, i've read a few books over the years but this is the only that that lingers still. your post will surely do the same. good job. the more you the know, the better.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

so?...what would you expect him to say?....please enlighten us with your own diplomatic oratory skills...and be specific,

It’s very easy…..

"I don't care how offensive this video was, and it was terribly offensive. And we should shun it. But there's never an excuse for violence against innocent people, never an excuse for attacking embassies or assaulting our diplomats.
(Bold/underlined text is my addition)

He either misspoke or contradicted his own policy…..everyone must decide that on their own.

This is the part of his speech I have a problem with and I’ll tell you why afterwards:

In the age of the Internet, and you know, the way that any knucklehead who says something can post it up and suddenly it travels all around the world, you know, every country has to recognize that, you know, the best way to marginalize that kind of speech is to ignore it."

He says every country should ignore it yet he’s the one drawing the MOST ATTENTION TO IT; he can’t shut up about it!!! Not only can he not shut up about it, he's the one who ran with that narrative from the beginning to distract the world from his failed policies.

or.... would your idea be, to just go and bomb the crap out of them?

REALLY?

This is the POTUS who would rather meet with Beyonce and “The View” than talk with Bibi and avert war with Iran. If anyone is marching this country towards WAR it’s the idiot Obama!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yep Obama was the anti war candidate and has waged bigger war than the last guy which makes him the hypocrite.

The guy who said water boarding is evil then kill Bin laden makes him a hypocrite.

The guy who campaigned on closing gitmo then turns around signs the NDAA and executed more drone strikes that the last guy makes him the hypocrite,

Now if my name was Obama then I'd be a hypocrite, but alas my name isn't,

He was an anti-war candidate. Upon election, he inherited two wars. Strategically, to immediately pull out of a region without preprations is unwise. Have you read any Sun Tsu? (suntzusaid.com...) If the US immediately (and "immediate" would take months when there are thousands and thousands of troops involved) pulled-out, casualties would have been enormous. You can't change OVERNIGHT a situation that took YEARS to create. So, President Obama is a hypocrite because he wanted to save the lives of US military in a proper pull-out of Iraq? Again, he succeeded in the proper pull-out, saved lives and receives no credit from threads like these. In fact, it's hypocritical criticsm. It is hard to be objective when you've already made up your mind that you don't like the guy and will criticize *everything.*

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

He was an anti-war candidate. Upon election, he inherited two wars.

And started 4 more…..

Where did all the airstrikes happen the past 4 years?? Oh, that’s right: Libya, Yemen, Pakistan and Somalia.

Strategically, to immediately pull out of a region without preprations is unwise. Have you read any Sun Tsu? (suntzusaid.com...) If the US immediately (and "immediate" would take months when there are thousands and thousands of troops involved) pulled-out, casualties would have been enormous. You can't change OVERNIGHT a situation that took YEARS to create. So, President Obama is a hypocrite because he wanted to save the lives of US military in a proper pull-out of Iraq? Again, he succeeded in the proper pull-out, saved lives and receives no credit from threads like these.

Proper pullout??

It’s only proper to pull out after the objectives are met and that hasn’t happened, has it? Who the HELL is firing at us if the war is won?

In fact, it's hypocritical criticsm. It is hard to be objective when you've already made up your mind that you don't like the guy and will criticize *everything.*

Obama owns all of it…..it was on his watch and at his command. Stop drinking the Kool Aid, bro!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Give me a freaking break from the "inherited" bs people want to really go down that road Bush inherited it from Clinton and never acknowledged that terrorism has been around for 40 years.

:Look up the USS Cole,the kobar towers,the Beruit embassy bombing,the first world trade center attacks and the other things some people will never bring up in their last ditch effort to defend the indefensable,.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Double

edit on 25-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join