An Updated Search Feature on ATS

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
One of the most frequent comments you see on duplicate threads is "Use the Search Feature". I'm sure all of us have been guilty a time or two of neglecting to see if a topic has been posted or not, but many times I've created a thread after doing a search that came up with no results, only to be told later in comments that there was already a thread covering the topic.

Is there a way that the search feature can be updated? One idea I have that may help would be to make the search feature "sortable" by date started, newest replies, most repliles, etc....much like the forums, so that the search is a little more user friendly when looking through a search that has found numerous results.

Anyone have any additional ideas that may help in the development of an updated search feature on ATS?
edit on 25-9-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
the " search feature" does not even work for my browser -opera
i hate it... any mod know whats up?

eta: never mind just checkout again and its up and running
edit on 25-9-2012 by jplaysguitar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Don't use Opera would be my only advice, it's archaic and not kept up to date any longer. I'm not being disrespectful, it's the truth, try Firefox, Chrome, IE-9, or Safari and you'll have a much, much better experience all over the WWW.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hey! Let’s not bad mouth Opera

Granted, it’s lagging quite behind in its support for HTML5 compared to other browsers but it’s still under active development. It’s also making quite good progress into the mobile market.

Regardless of that though, if the search isn’t working it’s nothing to do what browser you’re using. The search on ATS is just a Google custom search control.

It’d probably work even if you were using IE 5.5

join