It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm on the fence about Mediums. Are there any legit ones out there in ATS land?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

No, I feel no need to prove anything cause I really don't care if you don't believe me.
I learned a long time ago that what I do happens or it doesn't. I can make it happen sometimes, sometimes it happens on it's own,but never do I feel the need to prove anything. I'm not selling anything.

edit on 27-9-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

I guess as far as proof goes, it would have to be eye witness reports. I don't make spirit do things, I ask and allow it to happen. It is never forced. I spent some time last night thinking about this. I suppose people could contact the people I have done things for and ask them, but again would be hearsay.

The reason I don't do readings on ATS is because I find it to be rather annoying, nothing personal. I spent a lot of time many years ago doing readings for people, and in the end found I was being used, and because of that fact, I chose to stop doing readings and educate myself on what I was doing. Now I do readings when spirit compels me to. It is not like it happens all of the time. I am not like John Edward or The long island medium, or James Van Praagh. I am different. I don't go around telling people all sots of psychic information. For me, it happens when it happens, and although I learned I can make it happen to some extent, I don't because it hurts sometimes, and sometimes nothing happens as well.

I feel the need to explain myself, so that people don't get the wrong idea.
Most of my readings have been for people I know personally, who are willing to have a little fun and maybe allow me to test myself, while showing them that there is something to it, but that doesn't happen very often. I blocked it out for the most part because it is overwhelming.

If you want proof, I already supplied a link to mediums who would be more than willing I suppose to assist someone who is in need. They can help you, I cannot. I wish I had more time right now, because I actually have a lot to say on this, but I have to go. I have a job, and gotta go do it.

It is good to be skeptical, and cautious. There are a lot of frauds and fakes who would love nothing more than to take someones money. I am not one of those, in fact part of my volunteer job over the years was to watch out for these types and chase them away from where I was working because they take advantage of people and do more damage to already fragile grieving minds .

I hope this explains my view a little better. I am all for people empowering them selves to do these things so that they don't need people like me,to me, that is my job, to spread the fact that we continue on after death, and that our loved ones are still with us after they go.

I threw out to spirit a while back a few things I would like to do and if spirit is willing, so am I. These things involve crimes in my area, and police work. At this point I am just waiting for them to come to me if it is supposed to be that way. People do not understand what it means or what it is like to be this way, and that is fine. I often worry that people on sites like this will get the wrong idea....
I am just like everyone else, work a normal job, poop in the toilet and spend way to much time online...

But when spirit come through, I have brought grown men to their knees crying, and I do not take that lightly,I hope that explains it a bit better for you.

Honestly, I would really welcome serious science into these things. I encourage it, but dunno how someone can prove something that is in my mind. I don't move objects, bend spoons,or walk through houses talking to ghosts, although I wonder sometimes if I couldn't do the ghost hunt thing.

Ok, My wife is giving me the evil eye, so I gotta go for now, but I'll be back

Peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sorry for not addressing prior posts but I'll just share what I've experienced or been told in response to OP.

My mum had a medium come around to the house and he told her things that no one could possibly have known and it convinced my mum that he was legit.

It was not until months later that we found out he lived locally and knew our family! He was therefore nothing but a con man.

That said, my girlfriend's mum visisted a medium who apparently told her many things that would happen in the future- to the number of kids she would have and certain events, which she insists have all come true.

So I don't know, personally, I wouldn't want someone to reveal my future to me like that, kind of creepy isn't!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
My experience is Here.

Very little chance she could have come up with that stuff without help from "the other side".

I have since seen her in person, and brought my son along. It was very good for him as he now knows his mother is still with him, and knows what and how he is doing. The medium started right out with something special for him, that couldn't have been known. I hadn't told her that I was bringing him.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish
My experience is Here.

Very little chance she could have come up with that stuff without help from "the other side".

I have since seen her in person, and brought my son along. It was very good for him as he now knows his mother is still with him, and knows what and how he is doing. The medium started right out with something special for him, that couldn't have been known. I hadn't told her that I was bringing him.

You had an awesome experience, and I commend you for sharing it with us! I'm sorry for your loss, but isn't is great to get validation that they are still with us when we need them?! Sends a warm fuzzy feeling through my veins!

Yes, there are REAL ones out there!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

I just read your experience and I am very happy for you!!
That was an awesome reading you got!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I wonder: Might not psychic ability simply be a tuning in to someone's thoughts rather than communicating with the dead. This might explain some results.

I have yet to meet a real psychic. I have only come across fakes and and the, sadly, self-delusional.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

It could happen that way some times I suppose.
Anything is possible.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I've been to a few psychics. There are two in the philly area that I know are VERY good. If anyone wants to know how to contact them, just U2U me and I'll give you the information. I don't know if we are allowed to post it on ATS ... it could be considered advertising.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I do not mean to say that all psychics are fake. I and some people that I know have had moments of amazing prognostication. I can only infer that there must be people who have such a talent tuned to a much greater extent.

The SPR has always tried to rule out thought transference by rigorous testing. This takes into account that sometimes "psychic" ability may not always rely on those who have passed on but may be telepathic even tapping into a kind of collective unconcious.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
This takes into account that sometimes "psychic" ability may not always rely on those who have passed on but may be telepathic even tapping into a kind of collective unconcious.

I agree with this.
It may only occur part of the time but I think it is likely.

Tribes in Australian that are in tune with the earth and in their term "oneness" communicate telepathically. They can sense intention. So it probably only works when one is true at heart.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

I have a telepathic bond with a high school teacher of mine who passed away a few years ago. Very strange stuff.
He was the first person and actually the only person I have experienced telepathy with. At least where I can state with all certainty that, that is what it was.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Great input everyone, thanks! I have enjoyed reading about all of your experiences and thoughts on this subject.

I apologize for starting the thread and then going M.I.A. I have just not had any experiences to share, and as the thread title states I am on the fence about this topic.

Here's a question though - If I am going to go see a medium in person, are there any types of questions you would recommend I ask in order to determine if they are truly gifted, or are just giving me cookie-cutter responses? Also, are there certain "giveaway" responses that will show me they are fake?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

If one says you have a "problem" or an "issue" that they have to pray for you to get rid of. They will tell you the only way is that do specific prayers with candles that cost $100 each.

I had someone tell me this and they just wanted money.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
reply to post by csuldm

If one says you have a "problem" or an "issue" that they have to pray for you to get rid of. They will tell you the only way is that do specific prayers with candles that cost $100 each.

I had someone tell me this and they just wanted money.

Yes, good point. I think it's an obvious scam if anyone asks for more money on top of what you already paid just to see them in the first place.

Part of me kind of sees the whole paying thing in general as a red flag for a scam. I almost feel that if someone truly did have the ability, they wouldn't charge others. I realize people need to make a living, but making a living off of other people's misery just had "bull#$@&" written all over it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by csuldm
I have always been fascinated with all topics dealing with psychics, mediums, ghosts, and all things paranormal. However, I have still not been convinced through the years whether or not any of these things actually exist.

Most recently I have become interested in researching the topic of Mediums. I have never visited one, but have done extensive research on local ones in my area here in Colorado. I eventually would love to find a "reputable" one and do an in-person reading to test it out for myself, but have yet to find any around here that have a good enough reputation.

My questions to the ATS community are - Have any of you personally visited with a Medium? How was your experience?

Finally, if there are any ATS members who believe they possess the qualities of a Medium, I would love to talk with you here.

Thank you in advance for your genuine and sincere input.

Of course there's legit ones out there! Very legit. Some will either get messages from an entity or possibly if you're lucky have an entity like a ghost of the relative float in the room. Problem being it's not the relative or whom you think it is. It's a demon that is assigned to the medium. The demon has access to all knowledge about all people, or could get it in seconds like as if they were doing a google search on a database that has all info about anyone who ever lived. So the demon will provide 100% accurate info to the medium. So they then tell the client (you) and you believe that this medium has power to talk to dead relatives. It's a great form of deception because then the client is convinced that their relatives are in some spirit land and can still be called on at any time. Plus even by using a medium you never know what spiritual doors you might be opening to allow demons to operate directly in your life. Anyway that's just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Being quick to invoke the D-word betrays religious bigotry. The belief in the daemonic (or jinni) are older than monotheism. That is a provable fact unlike monotheism. They are not necessarily evil, but like people run the whole gamut of the moral spectrum. Socrates had one and St. Augustine heard a voice which he automatically assumed was benevolent and angelic (who knows?).

Let me pose the question by an anology.

What makes you think that the person you talk to on the street isn't a demon or evil? How do you know? Taking your line of logic one shoulod not talk to anyone but one's self and Pastor. A dull take on life, don't you think? Anyway, the saved know theyre saved so even if they behave demonically they will go to the pearly gates.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by csuldm
I have always been fascinated with all topics dealing with psychics, mediums, ghosts, and all things paranormal. However, I have still not been convinced through the years whether or not any of these things actually exist.

Most recently I have become interested in researching the topic of Mediums. I have never visited one, but have done extensive research on local ones in my area here in Colorado. I eventually would love to find a "reputable" one and do an in-person reading to test it out for myself, but have yet to find any around here that have a good enough reputation.

My questions to the ATS community are - Have any of you personally visited with a Medium? How was your experience?

Finally, if there are any ATS members who believe they possess the qualities of a Medium, I would love to talk with you here.

Thank you in advance for your genuine and sincere input.

Hi csuldm,

LOOK NO FURTHER THAN THIS GUY...

Mind Cemetery: Guest Psychic/medium Micheal Gourley talks about his gift and gives advice for callers
LISTEN TO MICHAEL HERE ON MIND CEMETERY RADIO

Welcome to the official website of
Internationally known Psychic Medium
Michael Gourley

Psychic Medium Michael

edit on 21-12-2012 by AscendedGodMan2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I do energy therapy with clients and I have recently found that I am able to receive communications from deceased loved ones. In my experience, I have only had contact with closely related entities and they only had words of love, support and encouragment. It only happens when a client truly needs to hear this information and they do always have verifiers to allow to client to know exactly who they are. I do not advertise this, nor do I charge for this service. I never have any idea if or when this will happen and I am not able to make requests or do readings. I am able to see and hear the spirit and communicate the information which has then been verified by my clients. So, I am quite sure that other people have the ability to do this and I am quite sure that some people are fraudulent. You will have to judge by the information that you receive. I will add that the information that I get has a lot of very specific details. I would be suspicious of any generalized statements.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

Hi there, if you have a reading here are the things to look out for.
Asking you questions, like, is that right,? do you know who I mean? etc.

Backing down, ie, if you disagree with what they are saying, they will change what they just said.

They arent talking to your dead relative anyway, they are just picking up energies from you, from your past and future.

Thats why they will often ask to hold something of yours, its just showmanship.
Good luck..

<< 1  2    4 >>

join