It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm on the fence about Mediums. Are there any legit ones out there in ATS land?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have always been fascinated with all topics dealing with psychics, mediums, ghosts, and all things paranormal. However, I have still not been convinced through the years whether or not any of these things actually exist.

Most recently I have become interested in researching the topic of Mediums. I have never visited one, but have done extensive research on local ones in my area here in Colorado. I eventually would love to find a "reputable" one and do an in-person reading to test it out for myself, but have yet to find any around here that have a good enough reputation.

My questions to the ATS community are - Have any of you personally visited with a Medium? How was your experience?

Finally, if there are any ATS members who believe they possess the qualities of a Medium, I would love to talk with you here.

Thank you in advance for your genuine and sincere input.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
i'm a medium.
i don't think too highly of myself,
nor do i put myself down.
i think of myself right in the middle!
so i guess i'm medium!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
by the way,watch when you open the cupboard above the stove,the blue bowl is gonna fall!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm a extra large myself. Sorry about not being able to help you with this.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

Who, in particular, were you wanting to contact? A medium is a person who speaks with dead people, either in trance or just by seeing them.

I don't know any myself in person. But I do know a few online who are primarily psychics with some mediumship abilities.

Psychic abilities take many forms. Mediumship is just one of them.

Here's a link, if you're interested in the distinctions.

I know a few people who often see ghosts. Some can "hear" them as well. Others sense them conceptually. I am married to someone who does the latter. I, on the other hand, am about as psychic as a grilled cheese sandwich.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

I have visited several I guess psychics and all told me things that they should not have known and two told me the future.

The biggest was a visit to "Madame Ruby" in Chico Ca after my divorce many years ago. I was still wearing my ring and my 18 year old daughter and I were making a fun day laughing and having a great time even though I was going through such a horrible divorce.

The first thing she asked to to think of two things I would wish for and keep them in mind.

Then she said you are recently divorced...my mouth dropped open. True.

Then she said your husband has a very bad drinking problem...True.

Then she said he has hurt you very much and was not faithful...True.

Then she said, you will meet your soul mate and move far to the Northwest of here.....
This was impossible to believe as I loved my home and it was paid for and I never wanted to leave...but it was TRUE!

I met my now husband of 18 years and moved to the coast near Oregon border.

Then In the meantime she said..you need a job, apply at a large chain life Walmart.

within a few weeks my sister called me from Alaska and told me she has a good friend who does the local hiring for Walmart and would give me any job I wanted there. I worked there 1 year, met my "soul Mate" who worked there also and moved! True.

The weirdest part was at the end of the reading she said, the two things you wished for are peace and happiness! TRUE!

She said you will get them, and to some extent that is true as we have a very private place to live with peace and wildlife and I am happy with my husband.

edit on 25-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

I would rather not get into detailed specifics on who I would like to contact on the other side, just in case a "real" medium does in fact want to chime in and see what they think.

I am also well aware that a thread on ATS is most likely not going to convince me one way or the other whether or not these people are actually able to connect with the dead.

I am curious to hear people's personal experiences, along with any advice they can give me about possibly seeing a medium here in my city. Or in the best case, I'd like to hear from someone who believes they possess this type of gift.

Thanks for your input!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Those are the type of stories that keep me from becoming a skeptic, and inspire me to continue to look into this topic.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are people out there who just do "cold reading" and pass it off as themselves having some kind of powers. But then there is a part of me that wonders if it is truly possible in certain other cases?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by csuldm

Those are the type of stories that keep me from becoming a skeptic, and inspire me to continue to look into this topic.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are people out there who just do "cold reading" and pass it off as themselves having some kind of powers. But then there is a part of me that wonders if it is truly possible in certain other cases?

I can say for sure that the usual arguments do not work in this case. I did not tell her anything before she amazed me with info against all she saw, a happy woman with a beautiful diamond ring on and a daughter waiting in the other room.

She did not 'feel around" first for answers and she was NOT vague at all.

I have several other experiences. I was a total skeptic myself before this first experience.

When I was 16 I had a newborn little girl. My ex-husband had not married me and did not seem to want too. He moved me to Reno NV. hundreds of miles from my family and anyone I knew. I wore my mothers old wedding band just for the looks, being unmarried.

One day we went to Old Virginia city, he wanted to see the fortune teller so we went in. The Mother took him into a room and her daughter read me.

They looked like true gypsy blood. The daughter was clearly hating her job and was very cold. Her first words were "you are going to get married very soon".
I showed her my ringed hand and said, "but I am married"...remember I am holding my baby also.

She got angry and nearly yelled at me YOU ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED!
Then she said you will travel several hundred miles very soon. That was all she said.

My now ex, married me a few weeks later out of the blue and drove me home to see my family for a few weeks 300 miles away!! Total perfect TRUE. My Ex BTW would never tell me what the old lady said to him in the other room but he acted really weird about whatever it was.

Just want to add, again she asked me NO questions, she just told me these two things and that was all the communication between us .
edit on 25-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: add

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I have always been fascinated with all topics dealing with psychics, mediums, ghosts, and all things paranormal. However, I have still not been convinced through the years whether or not any of these things actually exist.

Most recently I have become interested in researching the topic of Mediums. I have never visited one, but have done extensive research on local ones in my area here in Colorado. I eventually would love to find a "reputable" one and do an in-person reading to test it out for myself, but have yet to find any around here that have a good enough reputation.

My questions to the ATS community are - Have any of you personally visited with a Medium? How was your experience?

Finally, if there are any ATS members who believe they possess the qualities of a Medium, I would love to talk with you here.

Thank you in advance for your genuine and sincere input.

I would be considered a medium, if you have any questions I can answer them here openly on the board, I will not however do a reading. I can point you to many very respected mediums if you wish, however, they are costly and in my personal opinion, you should save your money and learn to speak with spirit yourself.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Fascinating stories, thanks so much for the great input!

If you don't mind me asking, what was it that made you visit these people if you were a skeptic?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I would be considered a medium, if you have any questions I can answer them here openly on the board, I will not however do a reading. I can point you to many very respected mediums if you wish, however, they are costly and in my personal opinion, you should save your money and learn to speak with spirit yourself.

Thank you for your response! I will respect your request to not ask you any reading-related questions.

A few questions for you (I hope I am not out of line and asking too many):

1) How did you first "become" a medium? I put quotes around that word because I'm not sure if one "becomes" a medium, or is born with certain natural abilities.
2) Do you have any recommendations for mediums in Colorado?
3) What things should I look for during a reading in order to make sure the person is truly gifted and not just using some kind of trick?
4) In what way do communicate with the other side? Do you hear them, feel them, see them, etc?

Many thanks!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Thank you for your response! I will respect your request to not ask you any reading-related questions.

1) How did you first "become" a medium? I put quotes around that word because I'm not sure if one "becomes" a medium, or is born with certain natural abilities.
3) What things should I look for during a reading in order to make sure the person is truly gifted and not just using some kind of trick?
4) In what way do communicate with the other side? Do you hear them, feel them, see them, etc?

Many thanks!

1: I wrote a thread on this many years ago here
----> The Blooming of a Medium
It is a long story.

2:Not right off hand but I can go see what I can find and let you know if I do find one.

3: Verification. Spirit will ALWAYS leave you with a verifier. Something about the person who the medium sees that NO ONE would possibly know, or a future event that comes out in the reading that will verify it really did happen. Usually it is information no one but you and the deceased would know.

4: This goes back to #1 If you read the thread I wrote, it explains in detail how I see them.

Here is a list of James Van Praagh recommended mediums. None are in Colorado, but they do have phone numbers and you do not need to be sitting in front of them in order to get a reading. Some might have long waiting lists, but go ahead and take a look:
Recomended Mediums

I take that back, there is ONE in Colorado! YAY!!

Susan K. Sanderford
San Luis, Colorado

She is on the list
edit on 25-9-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Fascinating stories, thanks so much for the great input!

If you don't mind me asking, what was it that made you visit these people if you were a skeptic?

Not at all...The first time my boyfriend, father of my baby who had 100% control of my pitiful life when I was 14 till I finally got the guts to leave....said he wanted to go. I never made decisions, he was a lot older them me. I was raised without a Father and I let him have that position I think.

Anyway after her disdain at my "I am married" and anger, and declaration that I would be married soon, I became a believer. I see no way she could have either known I was not married or predicted the unlikely change in my boyfriends frame of mind to get married. Nor the trip home all as she said. Very exact!

The second time was just recreational fun with my daughter who saw the sign. But she completed my belief. Amazing I found two who were both so right!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

Let me know if you do contact any of these mediums, I would love to hear what happens!

Peace!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Did you know that some ATS members are already possessed and function as a medium because the ancestral spirit is inside their host body ?

Some of us ATS'rs have witnessed 'ground zero' in sheol (hell), Hades, Tartarus and paradise.

Don't tempt fate when dealing with the spirit world. Things can turn ugly very quickly.

From experience, if you have a vision (dream / NDE), post it on the internet and wait. If its a valid vision that YHWH wants you to understand more of then an angel will contact you. Believe it or not, but contact will probably occur via email or personal message.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
yes, the supernatural magic is real...but don't consult mediums....instead get with the author of supernatural help....God in the bible....just do it, you will have all you ever wanted and more and help in this world.( which is at war with spirits from long ago)

edit on 25-9-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh ...coolest of names

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here is another medium on ATS you can ask:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have you seen the show, Long Island Medium on The Learning Channel? She is the real deal IMO.
If you don't get that show on your t.v., you can watch episodes on You Tube.

I have been to several psychics, and a couple of mediums. Everyone of them told me something no one else knew.
Some of them are the "real deal", while others are fake and just take peoples money. Sad! They give the real ones a bad reputation.

Good luck in your quest.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Many thanks!

1: I wrote a thread on this many years ago here
----> The Blooming of a Medium
It is a long story.

2:Not right off hand but I can go see what I can find and let you know if I do find one.

3: Verification. Spirit will ALWAYS leave you with a verifier. Something about the person who the medium sees that NO ONE would possibly know, or a future event that comes out in the reading that will verify it really did happen. Usually it is information no one but you and the deceased would know.

4: This goes back to #1 If you read the thread I wrote, it explains in detail how I see them.

Here is a list of James Van Praagh recommended mediums. None are in Colorado, but they do have phone numbers and you do not need to be sitting in front of them in order to get a reading. Some might have long waiting lists, but go ahead and take a look:
Recomended Mediums

I take that back, there is ONE in Colorado! YAY!!

Susan K. Sanderford
San Luis, Colorado

She is on the list
edit on 25-9-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

More good information to add to my files, Darkblade71. Thanks!
I didn't know you had that thread. I'll have to go read it when I have more time. I know you are the "real deal".

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I personally know a medium . I never believed totally until I met him. He never asks for money. If I have it to give, I do. Usually he just comes to visit me or my sister and we just put him up for a country weekend which he thoroughly enjoys. He cannot drive because of the spirits talking to him, so we have to pick him up about 2 hours away. He is also autistic which I think helps him greatly in communicating with spirits.
He does not 'see' them, he hears them. and he is always spot on.
he called my sis yesterday and told her to tell me to clean my vacuum bag. he calls with alot of 'silly' stuff which is always right - check your bottom drawers of the fridge, you have a leaky water pipe, check your oil, etc. it's kind of funny but always correct. And he helped me immensely when my husband passed away, he said things that only me and my hubby knew. It was a comforting validation that life goes on.
I believe people that can truly communicate with the spirits do not make a living doing that.
Sorry, just my 2 cents.
but I also firmly believe there are a few here on ats that can communicate with the spirits. I would not know because I can't do it, but I would imagine it would be quite difficult to do via the internet.
edit on 25-9-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join