It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Ready To Publish Your Thread? Save It To Your Profile!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There have been many times that I have written threads that I have lost or have had to save on my computer because I was unable to finish it and post it to the site at that particular time.

Sometimes I wasn't able to get to the computer the thread was saved on and had to start over.

Is it possible we can discuss the possibility of being able to begin writing a thread and save it to our profile so we can finish it later?

Just an idea.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That used to be a feature here. To save a post as a draft and get to it later. It's a good idea. Maybe it'll make a comeback in the new update.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
When is this new update dropping?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I write my threads in a word processing program. Opening posts (OP's) are 7,500 characters long, secondary posts, 5,000.

So I do it all before hand, and then double check by simply making sure each pre-formatted entry fits into the field. If so? I publish by copy pasting. That's how I got a 20 post OP done, without any hassle, in my Terrorist Compendium thread. Had it all pre-formatted simply copy/pasted each new entry in... Bam, bam, bam.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That's usually what I do. The problem is that I use multiple computers, depending on what else I am doing and/or if I'm at work.

I'm required to email the file back and forth or I have to load it on a flash drive.

So that's why I wondered if we could simply save it to our profile so that we can have access to it from any device.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
These tips are really good ideas because in all honesty some of my very best threads were accidentally deleted by me! There are a few ways I have discovered deleting them. And... make sure you remember to put a thread title up before posting too. I have learned the hard way to make sure the thread is copy and pasted somewhere before posting.
edit on 25-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It might be an idea with less sensitive material, to use a drop box program. My sister used to be involved with digital animation, took a course at our local university in the subject (which she got boned on, talk about not delivering the course as advertised!), and she used drop boxes so that she and her fellow collaberators could work on elements of the piece, and contribute to a whole.

Crucially, they were able to use any computer to work, as long as they had thier access code for the drop box in question, although download of software might have been in order. As I say, this was my sisters thing. I am about as computer literate as your garden variety slug, so there I shall end my contribution to this thread.

top topics

join