It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two squared objects like monoliths cast long shadows in Gale Crater.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Two squared objects emerge from Gale Crater and cast very long shadows (roughly 34 meters the tallest). The difference between the two objects is evident. One is more large, the second seems more, but more high, but both have the top squared. And seems unnatural.... Compare the shadows of the other rock formations nearby.

Wide Area

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

What the heck do you think these are Arken?

Please tell me an alien base......

It is about time that we hear some good news for once!! You keep coming up with all kinds of stuff on Mars......

Good find man, love seeing these types of threads!!

S&F as always

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Could be alien bases. or anything really. Blurry pictures with little detail prove nothing

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Are there any other pictures we can use as reference for comparison that aren't provided by NASA?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Forget the monoliths! (just kidding... I actually see what you're talking about but am unsure what they are.) Anyone see the shape of the profile of a woman's face in the bottom pic!?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassiper
Forget the monoliths! (just kidding... I actually see what you're talking about but am unsure what they are.) Anyone see the shape of the profile of a woman's face in the bottom pic!?

OMG It's the Virgin Mary!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

On the news this morning they announced Nasa has plans to build a base on the 'dark side of the moon". I think the Moon and mars are both covered in artifacts and that mars has multitudes of life both former and current.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Looks like the duck decoy fell off his pedestal, can't that rover go put it back up there?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think you need the eye of faith to believe that they are upright and casting shadows and not just natural Geology .. err .. Marology ? .. either way it looks flat to me

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
Are there any other pictures we can use as reference for comparison that aren't provided by NASA?

This question is confusing.

Do you know of anyone else that has rovers on Mars or other sorts of travel arrangements that could pop by and snap a few pictures of the area in question?

If you buy the gas, we can try driving my car? That might not work out so well though.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Very interesting, it could be a natural formation, but the square lines raises questions - star.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken, looking @ these images from a plan view I can see a somewhat defined surface out line. I am not sure what they are possible natural formations but not sure. It would be so nice to get to see atleast a 20 minute flyby of Aries (MARS) but alas we get what we get. I did however notice something to the right of the area you squared. It looks like a darker object is casting a shadow from a floating like position. Again I think these are plan view images but not sure but that shadow to the right of your squared image did catch my eye. Keep up the good work Arken its acknowledged trying to bring light is never easy and always challenged but its the motivation and compassion to assist others that enforces the drive guess thats what makes some stronger..

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Don't forget that we Europeans have an orbiter up there .... ESA Mars Express

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

If you had the ephemeris data, you could measure the shadow and know the height, which seems substantail.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Pretty simple question actually. I'm sure the Russians have mapped the area via satellites. Are those images available anywhere?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I think you need the eye of faith to believe that they are upright and casting shadows and not just natural Geology .. err .. Marology ? .. either way it looks flat to me

Hmmm: Flat rocks that cast a 35 meters shadow?

No. Something else maybe.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
It would be so nice to get to see atleast a 20 minute flyby of Aries (MARS)

Surely you mean 'Ares'?

Thanks for the laugh though. I needed a chuckle this morning.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Not very good with this kind of thing. But they do seem to look a little odd in my eyes..

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Two squared objects emerge from Gale Crater and cast very long shadows (roughly 34 meters the tallest). The difference between the two objects is evident. One is more large, the second seems more, but more high, but both have the top squared. And seems unnatural.... Compare the shadows of the other rock formations nearby.

Could you please post information concerning the imaging device used, its resolution, how the image was processed and a link to the original raw data please? It is impossible to interpret an image like this without all the pertinent information.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hmmm: Flat rocks that cast a 35 meters shadow?
No. Something else maybe.

Is it a shadow or a depression in the ground ? ,to my eyes it looks like the latter giving the impression that its a shadow .

If they were shadows why is the smaller "monolith" casting a longer shadow than the larger one , surely it should be the other way round .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join