Ever traveled through time? Share your story!

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I've heard very few stories about people traveling through time, which does make me wonder/worry if time travel is indeed impossible. Certainly if time travel is possible we would have visitors from the future? Unless you can only be an observer?

Have you ever traveled into the past or future? Whether in dreams/astrally or physically?




posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm doing it right now, wait....... now......... now.........


So are you.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I've been traveling through time my whole life, 1 second at a time.
Never faster, never slower.

Although I would like to go back in time and see the Roman Empire in it's prime.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I doubt anyone will share anything worthy of time travel in it's conventional form.
My brother though who is an experienced OBE'er says that it is possible to live almost a human whole lifetime in someone else's reality, in another time.

I am very interested in hearing about books on the theory of time travel though, if anyone knows....



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
I doubt anyone will share anything worthy of time travel in it's conventional form.
My brother though who is an experienced OBE'er says that it is possible to live almost a human whole lifetime in someone else's reality, in another time.

I am very interested in hearing about books on the theory of time travel though, if anyone knows....


Well there's people here who claim to have met aliens on their spaceship, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear a good time travel story.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The faster you travel the slower time moves for you so i guess the last time i went on a plane i time traveled forward a super tiny amount.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Actually, I believe I've time-traveled twice.
Sort of...

I like to think of it as experiencing reality non-linearly, rather than jumping through a pre-established line where every event has it's corresponding space-time coordinates.

There where 2 separate events which occurred on the same night, which had it's consequences happening hours before their causes.
Hadn't thought about it before, but both of them involved liquids. Can't really talk about it without breaking the Terms & Conditions, but there were 5 of us and we are all certain it happened. I even got a commemorative tattoo of it.

Also, this should be in The Gray Area



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
While sharing time-traveling stories is one thing, PROVING your story is accurate is a little more difficult, because conceivably, if you've traveled through time, you've left your own universe entirely. Not to mention coming across an alternate version of yourself (Christian vs Atheist or Muslim versions, anyone?
) there's the possibility that many of the events you would "predict" or "recall" may not even have taken place. Consider if that universe already existed due to a subtle change in the past, and that change created a terrible future, which you fall into after traveling due to some small choice you made that resulted in your personality or whatever being suitable for that particular universe, or whatever?

There's a ton of conundrums involved in time travel.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If you want to study a modern example of time travel, read the books "City of Secrets" and "The Portal" by Patrice Chaplin, daughter-in-law of Charlie Chaplin.



She was a friend of famous Surrealist artist Salvador Dali, who depicted his similar passage through the time portal on top of Mount Canigou in his 1965 painting "The Railway Station at Perpignan":
www.royal-painting.com...



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
While sharing time-traveling stories is one thing, PROVING your story is accurate is a little more difficult, because conceivably, if you've traveled through time, you've left your own universe entirely. Not to mention coming across an alternate version of yourself (Christian vs Atheist or Muslim versions, anyone?
) there's the possibility that many of the events you would "predict" or "recall" may not even have taken place. Consider if that universe already existed due to a subtle change in the past, and that change created a terrible future, which you fall into after traveling due to some small choice you made that resulted in your personality or whatever being suitable for that particular universe, or whatever?

There's a ton of conundrums involved in time travel.


I personally don't buy the Many Worlds interpretation, I think there's only one universe and this is it. That's not to say that there aren't other dimensions so to speak, but I don't think there's a world exactly like this one except that I ate sausage instead of bacon one morning for breakfast.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot
 

EDIT: This is a RE-post from another Thread on ATS But it is still Bugging me...and I think it Belongs Here.. So..
Alright!..Me and my Nephew were chatting the other day in my Living room I started to Load up a PS3 Game I was going to show Him... The Load Screens Started up as we were chatting, Developer Graphics and such when the Next thing WE BOTH Noticed Was We were talking about how the Clock on the PS3 is an Hour off and I should Reset it in the Accessories menu as I was Doing this we BOTH Realized The Last Thing we were doing was Chatting as the Game was Loading up!!! How did I Jump From a Load Screen to Changing Time on my Gaming System and not exit the Game?!? It really Bugged us Both out! I am now starting to wonder if its Part of "THE Shift" we are processing through? Is Something Happening? ...(Do de do do do de do do..) ('
')



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot
 


In the year 2033 I was a test pilot for a corporation called TGD, which manufactures AI-assisted direct-brain interfaces for what basically amount to "telepathic" navigation systems for very fast sub-light spacecraft. I was "killed" during a ladder test of a new prototype, out near the rings of Saturn. I suspect that there may have been some industrial sabotage involved.

Because of the nature of the test, and the technology involved, I was able to amplify the carrier wave of my AI-assisted and networked mind-share so that I did not die, mentally, but rather escaped backwards "through time," into a dream I had as a 10 year old child in the summer of 1979. I "possessed" the younger version of myself, and altered the course of my life in such a way that I never flew for the Navy, and never became a test pilot.

At first -- I assumed I had made a clean jump backwards in my own timeline. I now believe that this particular reality sprung into being on that day, when my life-path diverged from the original in the "future."

I attempted to write as much of what I "knew" and "understood" down during the summer following the divergence. What remains is a collection of "drawings / diagrams" and "stories" (as mom called them) which I understand less well, the longer I am alive in this particular version of my universe.

Finally -- I believe that as I approach the original "age" of my departure, I might be able to jump back in to a moment shortly before the incident and prevent it. I do not know what will happen to your universe when I go. I suspect it will simply cease to exist the moment I depart....

edit on 25-9-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by lampsalot
 


In the year 2033 I was a test pilot for a corporation called TGD, which manufactures AI-assisted direct-brain interfaces for what basically amount to "telepathic" navigation systems for very fast sub-light spacecraft. I was "killed" during a ladder test of a new prototype, out near the rings of Saturn. I suspect that there may have been some industrial sabotage involved.

Because of the nature of the test, and the technology involved, I was able to amplify the carrier wave of my AI-assisted and networked mind-share so that I did not die, mentally, but rather escaped backwards "through time," into a dream I had as a 10 year old child in the summer of 1979. I "possessed" the younger version of myself, and altered the course of my life in such a way that I never flew for the Navy, and never became a test pilot.

At first -- I assumed I had made a clean jump backwards in my own timeline. I now believe that this particular reality sprung into being on that day, when my life-path diverged from the original in the "future."

I attempted to write as much of what I "knew" and "understood" down during the summer following the divergence. What remains is a collection of "drawings / diagrams" and "stories" (as mom called them) which I understand less well, the longer I am alive in this particular version of my universe.

Finally -- I believe that as I approach the original "age" of my departure, I might be able to jump back in to a moment shortly before the incident and prevent it. I do not know what will happen to your universe when I go. I suspect it will simply cease to exist the moment I depart....

edit on 25-9-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)


Now that is what I call one he** of a story, but is it real?

I'd like to hear more about this story, and more about your life in the future.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot
 


Aren't we all traveling through time? Sure, it may not be too exciting traveling at the speed of one second per second...But it's something.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   


I'd like to hear more about this story, and more about your life in the future.


That would mean less than 20 years to create spaceships able to travel from Earth to Saturn with men onboard.

Considering that we still are at the early stages of Earth-Mars travels I'd say it's complete rubbish (and I don't think I'll need to go into details but there are many flaws in that theory like the idea of a 64 years old test pilot working around Saturn).

Otherwise it's a nice story with a funny ending, I liked it.
edit on 26-9-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-9-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That's just it. It's just a "story." A barely recalled "dream" (I even said so explicitly!) from childhood, 30 years ago. As to what is "real" and what is not re: dreams, I won't even get into it here, as it is not on-topic. Regardless -- it was my first "time-travel" experience.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
That's just it. It's just a "story." A barely recalled "dream" (I even said so explicitly!) from childhood, 30 years ago. As to what is "real" and what is not re: dreams, I won't even get into it here, as it is not on-topic. Regardless -- it was my first "time-travel" experience.


Cool story bro. And I'm not even being sarcastic!



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot
 


No physical displacement...yet.

Mind traveling? Yes. I, or something that likes to mess with me, seems to have the ability to create something like a worm hole between people's minds, regardless of what "time" the two or more people are in, and in fact, it "seems" to work with the deceased, as well. It's mostly based off of "call" and response. Like telepathy, but time is disregarded. It's a greater manifestation of "synchronicity" imho.

Makes one consider future/past self interaction.

Also makes one consider manipulation of sequences, of minds, of the true sources of these things, and much, much more.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't think that time even exists. Time is just a mental construct for the human mind to understand the environment. I don't even wear a watch.



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi
 


OMG





new topics
top topics
 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join