It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orb in Photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So in volunteering at a Boy Scout retreat every year, I was looking through the photos on the Facebook page and found this photo. Almost directly in the center at the top of the photo is a perfectly round orb. I am NOT claiming this to be paranormal in any way, shape or form, I'm simply posting this so that others who are more experienced in this field can advise me of what I'm looking at.

I am not an expert in photography so it could be from the candle to the right, the camera most likely had flash on, being around 9 or 10pm at night in a state park with very little light. I believe that behind the photographer there's a light on the porch of the building that they're standing outside, though I'm not certain. Also, I'm not 100% sure if this is the original photo or not, if it's determined that it's been edited, I will do all in my power to contact the original photographer because I have an idea of who it might be, just let me know. I simply downloaded it off our Facebook page and am uploading it here. I didn't put it through any editing software myself at all. So ATS, please just let me know what you see and if it's from the candle or possibly other lights, we'll leave it at that and I won't argue it any further. Thank you in advance.

Edit: I forgot to mention. Behind where the people are standing is a pretty high row of trees. I know it's dark, but just wanted to mention that because the moon wouldn't be visible at that angle in the sky and also there are no street lights back there either.

The image was taken at a Boy Scout camp in Sumerset, Pa in the Laurel Mountains near Laurel Hill State Park. There are some street lights on the property, but most of the time to get around at night, one needs to use flashlights due to being in the middle of nowhere and all. The building behind the photographer is the newest building there, and has one or two lights on it, though they're not super bright or anything. I'm not sure of what kind of camera the photographer was using or anything like that, forgive me for not knowing this. I didn't make it to this retreat until around 11pm, after this part was over so I was not there for it.
Beyond the trees behind the people is the parade field with a flagpole, no lights or anything.

I'm not at the location now or anywhere near it, it's about 60 miles away from me and, being at the end of the summer now, the camp will be gated up so I would have no way of going there at this time during the day to take any photos of the location. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll answer to the best of my ability.

edit on 9/25/2012 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Looks like an out of focus particle very close to the lens not an orb.

All hail the king candle.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PennKen2009

I am not sure if I believe in "orbs", but what I find strange is that there is only one. I am not an expert in the paranormal field, so ONE may be the norm. I would think that if it were dust that there would be more then one.
I would have guessed that it was the moon, but you seem to have ruled this out.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Its dust or a bug close to the lens when the flash went off.

You see it fairly often when taking pictures outdoors, or where there is a lot of air movement, like a lounge with people milling about.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Did you attempt to kill it with Fire?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My first thought is it's dust.

My second thought is: Are there anymore pictures from the same camera? If so, how did those pictures turn out?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hi all, sorry it took me a while to respond. I'm on my phone now but when I get a chance I will get some more pictures from the same camera.
It very well could be dust or a big, I don't know. I know it's not the moon because of the tree line in the back but that does not mean its not dust.
I do know that the other photos did turn out fairly clear. The person taking photos is going to school for photography.
edit on 9/25/2012 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Here's another pic from the same camera. I don't have another from at night and this is a different area of the camp.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PennKen2009

I don't count orbs as paranormal, far too easy to think bugs and dust are orbs.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hi, I am new to this forum. It won't let me create a thread because of my post count but I've been trying to find some information on this photo that was taken at my house in Pittsford, NY close to the Erie Canal with a cell phone camera. It's of a friend of the family and my dog. When she was going through pictures, we noticed a circular blue thing right above her shoulder. I loaded it on the computer and blew it up and it's this face clear as day. We had a paranormal investigator team come and they all said it was the clearest ghost picture they have ever seen. The girl (stupidly) deleted the main photograph but I still have the image of the hair, shoulder, face but slightly blown up. You could still kind of notice it in the regular pic.

I'm not here to fool anyone or get attention. I am genuinely curious. We've had a lot of things go on in that house. Your usual pictures falling, bangs on the walls, and some footsteps in the yard (it's wooded so there's a lot of foliage that u can hear go 'crunch') Well one day a tree fell on the house and shook the whole thing, okay it happens but the creepy part is that the last owners also had the same EXACT thing happen in the exact spot. There is something there without a doubt in my mind and this picture just reinforces it. I could go on and on about what happened here. Like I said I'd rather deal with somebody knowledgeable through email or AOL messenger if you have it. My email is [email protected]

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Orbs are dust

new topics

top topics

join