It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Prediction

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Must? Not so sure of that one... I hope he does not win, but the alternative is not much better.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The future is the thing that gives mankind hope. It's the bane of every hard line conservative ever. The willow that does not bend will surely snap in the winds of change.

The future always brings the winds of change, and hardline conservative ideology always loses out in the long run. It's a historical constant (when all is analyzed and not compartmentalized).
edit on 25-9-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by TDawgRex

The future always brings the winds of change, and hardline conservative ideology always loses out in the long run. It's a historical constant (when all is analyzed and not compartmentalized).
edit on 25-9-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

That's true - small government and personal responsibility does always lose out to the (unsustainable) promise of a goverment that does everything for you.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
To add to and clarify my above comment, I am not endorsing in any way the Republican party of today. They are equal in sharing the blame with the Democrats for the mess we are in today. What we need is a return to small government and personal responsibility - something that both parties used to agree with.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
To add to and clarify my above comment, I am not endorsing in any way the Republican party of today. They are equal in sharing the blame with the Democrats for the mess we are in today. What we need is a return to small government and personal responsibility - something that both parties used to agree with.

So, you ARE advocating for change after all

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Romney/Ryan.

By a landslide.

Count on it.
edit on 25-9-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I can't even think of how horrible things will be if Romney wins.

Seems to me history shows presidents getting tougher in their second term.

I want to see what Obama will do.

Obama all the way.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Obama will win because:

the speech he is giving at the UN is about forward movement and peace
President Obama's Prepared Remarks at the UN General Assembly
read it...

AND....the Israeli faction's juvenile and immature walk-out when Ahmadinejad took his turn... (Really? What are you, 11, Bibi? SERIOUSLY?!)

AND...because Romney represents the 1% ONLY. He is a dimwitted oligarch who can't for the life of him meet the common people on their own ground. He Just Doesn't Get It.

I was worried for a while, not going to vote at all, but Romney is a specimen OF THE PROBLEM, he is NOT THE SOLUTION.

Gha...

People, face it. Capital-cronyism has been exposed for what it is; corrupt and insidious slavery.

For more of my view of Romney, see this thread I started yesterday:
Romney and the GOP: the other side of the grimy coin which features two OpEds, one from CNN, and one from the NYT, both describing what a jerk he is, and how out of touch with the real lives of normal people.

Obama may not be perfect, but hell, he's kept his chin up. Would YOU want that job???

Ee gads.

edit on 25-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Prediction: Romney Crushes Obama In Presidential Election Blowout

November 7, 2012 – It may not be morning in America, but be thankful that it’s not the dawn of the living dead. With civil war breaking out in Greece, Spain in chaos as it seeks to exit the euro, California preparing to file bankruptcy following the failure of Governor Jerry Brown’s budget referendum, and Portland, Oakland, and Seattle busy clearing the rubble from the devastation of their Occupy fires, the American electorate has finally said “Enough!”

The path ahead will be long and hard, and the rejuvenated Republican Party and its new president have yet to give a sign as to how they plan to tackle the entitlement tsunami that threatens to drown us all. But with veto proof majorities in both the House and Senate, they now own the problem.

You’ve just signed up for the hardest job on the planet, Mitt. And this time, if you can’t figure out how to turn things around, you can’t fire sale the wreckage and hope the rest of your portfolio makes up for the loss. The eyes of the world are upon you. This is democracy’s last chance. Don’t blow it.

Predicting the Presidential Election: 2012

Amidst all the fuss about President Obama's sagging poll numbers, the struggling U.S. economy, and "who's up and who's down" in the Republican presidential primary contest, American University professor Allan Lichtman has issued his "sure fire" prediction for the outcome of the November 2012 election.

Nevertheless, this still leaves a maximum of 10 "Keys" and a minimum of eight "Keys" in the president's favor, enough for Lichtman, who has never been wrong, to confidently predict Obama's reelection in November.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No way, beezzer. No way.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Canadian, with no affiliation with Democrat or Republican. (i seem to agree with more we democratic rules more tho).

To me, unlike Canadian "republicans", who are almost in the middle, American Republicans seem like religious, old way, against multiculturalism, and against scientific advancement and pro-crationism. This is my opinion.

Obama going to Win.

Canadian News make it look like Obama is the winner and Romney is a failure.
edit on 9/25/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why do you predict it's the Romney ticket, wishful thinking, desperate hope or insider knowledge?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by beezzer

No way, beezzer. No way.

One thing is certain.

November 7th, one of us will be right, the other will be wrong.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If Obama wins again there is no doubt the number of government dependents will be over half of the U.S. population, thus spelling the end to any political party that supports less taxes and it's citizens working to provide for themselves. The majority will be voting for welfare and the nanny state which the Dems have hitched their wagon too. The more people on food stamps the better for the Dems. The more people poor and without a house the better for the Dems.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon

Originally posted by tallcool1

So, you ARE advocating for change after all

Ha! - Well played!

I guess you can say that - just not the change we got in 2008, which really wasn't a change at all...unless doing the same thing as your predecessor did at a horrifyingly quicker pace is change.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat
reply to post by beezzer

Why do you predict it's the Romney ticket, wishful thinking, desperate hope or insider knowledge?

The polls are skewed, using 2008 data. A different paradigm exists now.

Many will also "say" they're voting for Obama;
Whites out of obligation, misplaced "white guilt" but when in the privacy of the voting booth will vote for Romney

Blacks, pretty much the same. The race card has backfired and it's angered those of us who don't subscribe to "race" affiliation.

Also, basic truths. Obama is sending this country into the wrong direction. He is bad for America. People, real people, get that.

All, of course, just my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
If Obama wins again there is no doubt the number of government dependents will be over half of the U.S. population, thus spelling the end to any political party that supports less taxes and it's citizens working to provide for themselves. The majority will be voting for welfare and the nanny state which the Dems have hitched their wagon too. The more people on food stamps the better for the Dems. The more people poor and without a house the better for the Dems.

That doesn't even make sense.
There is a huge population of low income Republicans who are on assistance.
Unless you, like Romney, think that just because you're part of the 49%, you're automatically a Democratic Obama supporter.

It was funny when the potential president of the United States couldn't make that distinction, it's just sad that potential voters can't
edit on 25-9-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I have to agree, the Republican party is done for if they don't win this election. Not because of Romney or bush but because of their ideology. I believe the libertarian party is going to take their place and I think thats a good thing

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't really care who wins, although if I had to predict, I would have to go with Obama. However, neither candidate really does it for me, Obama has the idea that government is the solution to our every economic problem, which I don't subscribe to. What I find even more disgraceful is the GOP's decision to nominate Romney as their candidate. Of all the viable candidates in their pool they select one with possibly no chance of winning, a controversial one with shady business practices and one who doesn't really connect with the average American voter. I'll be giving my vote to the Libertarians because the GOP as far as I'm concerned is now obsolete.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This reminds me of the 1996 Presidential Election.
en.wikipedia.org...

I was young enough to not really care about it but still old enough to be wondering what were the Republicans thinking and how could they be so out of touch. I remember people saying they would vote against a candidate instead of for one...sound familiar?

Bill Clinton: Incumbent slick wily Democrat
Bob Dole: Old and Out of touch Republican nominee
Ross Perot: Independent reform party distraction…

We all know how that election turned out didn’t we.
Now what is on the menu this election?

Barrack Obama: Incumbent Slick cool like that ineffectual Democrat
Willard “The Rat” Mittens Romney: Completely Out of Touch Elite 1% Republican
Dare I say…Ron Paul: Independent Who I would vote for distraction?

I will takes some bets that this turns out the same as 1996 and was planned that way from the start, it will be a close race but in the end they will win with Obama…

2 Parties 1 Agenda!

edit on 25-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join