It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Plane Windows Don't Roll Down, as Romney Would Like

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Why Plane Windows Don't Roll Down, as Romney Would Like

news.yahoo.com

In his latest gaffe, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney lamented the fact that airplane windows don't roll down.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
why planes have no emergency brake? let Him ask Putin who recently flew with cranes. Crocodiles fly? Yes they fly, but only a very low
Romney's next statement will be," If plane windows rolled down everyone could flap their arms out the windows to make the plane go faster."
He is Bush the Second,no doubt

news.yahoo.com

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

It sounds more like a quote from Homer Simpson.

People want that man, with a finger on 'the button' as the next President?

edit on 25-9-2012 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Your link doesn't seem to be working. Here's another one.

Why Plane Windows Don't Roll Down

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

edit on 25-9-2012 by wildtimes because: Meh. Not worth posting. sorry everybody

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am so sick of this kind of "news". We're at the point that only a robot could be president.

Every person alive says dumb things sometimes (Obama and the 57 states comes to mind).

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You've got it all wrong mate, he explains himself perfectly here........

Romney - what he really said

(hehehe)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
Every person alive says dumb things sometimes (Obama and the 57 states comes to mind).

Still not as bad though...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

why planes have no emergency brake? let Him ask Putin who recently flew with cranes. Crocodiles fly? Yes they fly, but only a very low
Romney's next statement will be," If plane windows rolled down everyone could flap their arms out the windows to make the plane go faster."

news.yahoo.com

I think I have seen those small prop planes that their windows rolled down. Was he specific on what kinds of planes? Jet planes? No, they don't roll down, but some prop planes I think it is possible.

What airplanes was he referring to?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If you watch the video, you can clearly see that he was joking when saying "I don't know why they don't do that"

Jump to :42 seconds and try and ignore Maddow's comments

He may be labeled a comedic moron, but I am confident he knows why windows on planes don't roll down.

Maddow, on the other hand, could replace Seth Meyers on SNL.

edit on 25-9-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Romney doesn't have as much experience flying as Obama. He doesn't take as many vacations visiting all 57 states.

If you actually watch the clip of Romney's speech you can tell it was an attempt at humor; he and his wife were smiling and the audience was laughing. Nice try though!

edit on 25-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

A Canadair Challenger 600. The windows don't open on these.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
If you watch the video, you can clearly see that he was joking when saying "I don't know why they don't do that"

edit on 25-9-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

You're grasping at straws mate. Romney did not state it in a comical tone. It appeared to be a slip, if you know what i mean. While he wasn't joking, he may not have been intending to say it...

He will still make a horrible President regardless.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

Ummm...Obama is the one who is continuing almost all of Bush's policies - except he is bombing more countries, spending money we don't have much faster and taking many more vacations. It really baffles me how some people can hate Bush but love Obama since, other than their appearance they are exactly the same. I would also say the same thing to people who love Bush but hate Obama...they both suck. Obama is Bush on steroids. So if you hate Bush, you must despise Obama and if you like Bush, you must love Obama.

I have said it once and I'll say it again - I did not like Clinton as president. As a human being, he was fine but not a president. It took 8 years of Bush and nearly 4 years of Obama to make me wish Clinton was back in the oval office.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is a non story. Heck, Biden is a literal gaffe machine.

Obamas, "Corpesman" ring a bell? The 57 States as has already been pointed out. ObamaCare is not a tax?

I could go on for quite awhile...throughout the history of the US presidency for that matter.

They all screw up from time to time.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It was clearly a joke.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Romney did not state it in a comical tone.

He was clearly attempting to... Like I said, he's not very good at it, which is probably why it escaped your comdey radar.

It appeared to be a slip, if you know what i mean.

If you mean that all that remains for the anti-Romney folks to do is create the appearance of gaffes, then yes, I know what you mean.

I can only see stories like this one helping Romney, because most people can see through the B.S. and desperation behind their motivation.

No sense in discussing campaign platforms.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I bet he will be new Bush
but if Bush was simple clown he is terrible clown

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by WarminIndy

A Canadair Challenger 600. The windows don't open on these.

I think the faster the plane goes then no, the windows would not come down. Those old biplanes never had windows, except for the windshield.

It's a silly argument. As I said, some planes apparently can, but the bigger and faster ones don't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join