It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Know What Happened Today Did I Time Travel Bacwards THIS IS WEIRD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetxIsComing

My guess is someone driving the same make and model of car just happened to drive by. You didn't actually see you're husband in the car you own so you can't know for certain that is what you saw, and who knows maybe the person with the same kind of car just happened to pull in your drive way only to pull out and reverse direction. Giving you the impression that your husband had pulled in the garage. Then again I wasn't there, but aside from possibilities that don't make sense to me and aren't very well supported, it is the most reasonable guess I could make.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I too have experienced this phenomena, and attribute it to Parallel Universes.
In my house, things disappear, tools, small things. disturbing, yes, but later they come back again. I have a favorite Phillips screwdriver I use to repair computers with. I keep it in a tin pan I use for a toolbox, on a shelf right by my desk. A few days ago, it went missing. We all went on a hard target search, cleaned the entire house, and looked in the yard, though I could not see it there, it just seemed logical to look everywhere. I finally told the wife I would have to break down and buy a new screwdriver. the next morning I get up, sit down at my computer, look down, and there it is! Sitting on top of everything else in there, pretty as you please. There are other things too, this is just one. I am convinced the Dimensions/Universes are crossing each other in some places, and may soon affect all of the world.

I agree with you on the time lines crossing. It is happening more and more lately, and will continue as the veil is lifted.
I have also had things disappear, then return. Things that make you go, "Hummmmmmmm.....?"

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

I concur...and therein your post...is one of the best examples of Occam's Razor posted thus far in this thread

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

that scenario has happened to me several times. well, not that one exactly but you know....
It's like I go forward in time for just a few minutes, sometimes hours even.
It's beyond deja-vu. it really has already happened. and I see it again.
always reminds me of that movie 'groundhog day'.
I think it's simply time slips/shifts. Time could very well be inter dimensional. I just take it for granted anymore and think it's pretty cool.
Guess I'm just wierd like that.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yesterday morning I lost 15 minutes somehow.

My computer clock said it was 5:15AM and it was time for me to leave for work. I walked outside and got in my car and the clock there read 5:30. I was late for work.

When I got home, I checked the computer clock and the time was correct.

This may be related. Damned if I know.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Talk to Darkbake. I think he's our resident expert.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I've heard of this before, it's known as false arrival, and apparently there has actually been some research done at the University of Oslo, here is a link to one of the results I got, but it could be worthwhile looking up the research that was done (sorry don't have time myself right now)

False Arrival Apparition

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This sort of thing happens in my house. It used to happen more frequently but for some reason has leveled off quite a bit. In our case I think it's more like the kind of ghost experiences in which the ghosts are not sentient hauntings, but a looped replay of an action that took place once and somehow gets triggered to replay over and over again for some reason. My parents had an experience with that type of haunting once, they would hear almost every night, the sound of a man showering and going about a typical bathroom routine, either getting ready for work or going to bed.

Anyway back to my house, this sort of thing happened so frequently we now know to check the driveway or garage to verify that my husband has either left or arrived.

We get both phenomena, there have been mornings where he has already left for work before I awakened, but I would hear him and all his usual sounds of departure as I would be about my business in another part of the house, feeding cats opand whatnot, meanwhile hearing him in the bathroom getting ready or dodging about the house gathering up his things or squaring away his home office before heading out. I'd try and intercept him in the garage for a kiss goodbye before he drives off, only to find out he'd left at least a half hour prior.

The arrival doppelgänger has been witnessed by me and other members of the family. All the garage sounds, sounds of footsteps, doors opening and closing are so uncanny that they fooled my parents and in-laws and the pets. But sure enough, I'd check the driveway or garage and there would be nothing, then I'd text hubby and he is still at the office.

The sounds are all pretty unique to my husband's habits so I don't think any of it goes back to the previous owners of the house. We are only the second family to own and occupy this house. It doesn't have a long history but the land was once farmland.

I can't say I've ever experienced this anywhere else but this house. My parents' house was and remains chock full of strangeness amd sometimes malevolence, and that is where I cut my teeth on the paranormal and became a believer. But overall, my experience in other houses has been fairly normal. This house is very different to others my husband and I have owned. It's had the most weird and scary stuff happening in it. My parents swore up and down my previous 1940's house had a bad feeling to it and had a haunted feeling, but I was quite comfortable and lived normally there. Not so in this house. This house pretty much drove me to ATS to research weirdness.

I'm going to go read the material Destination Now provided.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by azamber

When you say, "We all went" on a search, do you have children?

Sorry, I failed to clarify. When I say all of us, I mean my Wife, my adult son, my two step sons, aged 14 and 12, and myself. We tore the house apart, this screwdriver has been with me for more than 30 years, and is a favorite tool, familiar. We did the search as we completely cleaned the three bedroom house, look under couch pillows, beneath chairs and other furniture, under the kitchen sink, we left no stone unturned. It was not there, but the next day it was there. And no, I am not making it up, and truthfully wish it would just stop. Now our broom is gone missing. I spilled some sugar on the floor this morning, and went for the broom and dustpan, the pan is there, hanging on the door, but not the broom. I figure it will show up.

Many years ago I lived with my ex-wife in a old farmhouse that was haunted by Imps. These are little tricksters, and they hide things. We lost every coffee cup one morning, and found them in the strangest places. All of our spoons disappeared one day. We found spoons everywhere, one was on the roof, some were on the tops of door frames, one in the doghouse. Curiously, after 27 years, that old house still stands, the farmer farms around it for some reason. I am kind of surprised kids have not burned it down. At least three people died there, two in a car wreck against a tree in the front yard, and one many hanged himself somewhere on the property, we never found out where. The house had a room where the heat source was that was always cold, and dogs refused to go in there. I suppose that was where he did it.

Strange Days.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

You saw a glimpse of a black diesel car not 100% YOUR car. How do you know it was parked in your garage? If it was the same make and model as your car in would have the same engine as your car so your dog would recognise its engine note. No mystery .

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have this happen on an almost daily basis- My last threads are on here- you kknow, click my user name, read, etc. More recently:

I have had experiences where it'd be in the middle of the night, I hit the bathroom, and there's our kitten. I glare at the little cuss (he thinks awake means playtime- or time to supervise bathroom activites. Door doesnt close right, so keeping him out is an exercise in futility.). What happened next, is kinda hard to explain. I had a clear as a bell vision of him suddenly sitting up, and biting his rump- the vision went away, and 4 seconds later- he suddenly sits up, bites his rump, and wanders off. It was an exact copy of what I had seen- minus the fact the with the 'real' version- he got up and wandered away. he didnt do it twice- my vision shifted and I "saw" the vision, and then it did a sort of visual click (REAL hard to explain), like a badly edited film, and there went the real vision. I sat there, staring at the empty floor for about 30 seconds, before I decided bed was a good idea. Other incidents like this abound. It's been too much to post every time, so I usually skip it.

We had $4 disappear from my desk, and end up in one of the cloth shopping bags my g/f hadnt touched in days. She blamed the kitten- but I convnced her otherwise (there wasnt any dollar bill confetti littering the floor. This cat tried to eat FOIL, for pity's sake..). It was gone for a good couple days.

I feel like we're getting a paranormal sampler pack- a weird thing every week. All we need is a Cupachabra swinging off the palm tree outside our window like a trapeze artist, and we'll be set!

It's a pity you didnt check the time, and see what time it was when you saw the car, and what time it was when you realized he wasnt there.
edit on 26-9-2012 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have also experienced similar events over the years, and it still freaks me out! Sometimes the slip is only a couple of minutes, sometimes weeks, or even years.
While not pretending that something odd hasn't happened, I try to treat it as normal (which it is, for me). My family & friends regard me as weird, lol.. but they accept that sometimes I just "know things".
I have no idea why it happens. I wish I did.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
that was this morning????? WEIRD something like that happened to me too.... I smoke cigs... Yesterday morning I had one left, put it on the side of my desk, bought a new pack yesterday so I was fulll.... I woke up this morning walked into my office and I only had ONE the same set up as yesterday.... I didnt think anything of it till I went took a shower and laid back down for a few, when I woke up I had the full pack.... It was very strange kind of along the same thing that happened to you....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Have you called your husband? try calling him and seeing what happens, don't be so sure it's nothing....
the last few days I have been off again , it happens a lot and I have no explanation, I know it's weird, I know I sound like a nutter, I know what feels normal and right and I know when something is amiss.
Lately when driving to my normal locations I feel like it's the wrong way,lol...I can't explain it any better than that.
It just feels WRONG....at this point I just go with it, nothing else I can do and I am tired of speculating.

Just stay alert. ya never know..ya know?
~

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ujustneverknow

Now that's plain odd! My kitchen has been "the wrong way round" for a few weeks now. I'm getting tired of almost walking into the cupboard instead of out of the back door.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Butterflyspirit

Ugh. That too? I thought I was doing that because after some of my classes- my mind was mush!

Is reality going bye bye?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by Butterflyspirit

Ugh. That too? I thought I was doing that because after some of my classes- my mind was mush!

Is reality going bye bye?

Some kind of a split seems to be occurring, in my best estimation.

But then again I'm shatbits crazy.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I sometimes feel reality is going wonky when I think about the posts I've both read and made myself to the dead celebrities who are now alive topic.

It's not so much the dead celebrities thing that gets to me, but the fact my husband can't remember the conversations we've had about some celebrity deaths relating to films we both were fans of, or so I thought.

For example, I have a memory of us watching the classic Invasion of the Body Snatchers together and being fans of it. When I experienced actor Kevin McCarthy's death the "first time" (I know how crazy that sounds...bear with me) I remember talking about the news with my husband and we reminisced about the movie and joked how he died in the remake. Well some time later, I don't know how much time had gone by...I heard yet again as breaking news, actor Kevin McCarthy, of the invasion of the Body Snatchers passed away. I again talked to my husband, mentioned how I could have sworn we already spoke of the actor's death some time prior. He had no memory of that prior conversation, but worse, insisted this time he was never a fan of the movie and can hardly remember seeing it with me.

Now he insists, ironically, that one movie we saw together and liked was the original Total Recall, with Arnold S.

I have absolutely no memory of seeing that movie. None at all, and reading about it on Wiki rings no bells. I know he isn't confusing me with another date, he was not dating anyone else when that movie was in the theater or after it got released to cable and video. He didnt even have any friends over except his cousin. He was very shy and kept to himself back then. Besides, his memory of us renting that movie and what we ate and did that evening are detailed and definitely one of our typical dates from our low budget days. I remember every other movie we saw in that era but I swear I don't recall "Total Recall" lol.

I also remember visiting the Lincoln memorial with him several years ago, but when we visited it a couple of months ago, he said it was his first visit, ever. Unfortunately, I can't find any photos of the visit I remember making with him. So I guess my memory is faulty.

We are too young to be having these senior moment between us.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

edit on 27-9-2012 by liquiddrewl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
My grown stepdaughter called me today - told me she had been out with her new boyfriend, and while she was resting after their Yoga session in class, she had this type of premonition that her ex (who she just had to take her daughter from since neither has custody and he's become a complete mental case lately) was outside and what he was wearing and how he was harassing her. He seriously is a nut job and a real menace in ways I couldn't even imagine before. So, she went outside, and walked a couple doors down for a soda, and came out, and there he was, smelling of liquor and ready to start something. She is pretty much in hiding to avoid him, but he had seen her car and stopped. I told her I felt like God was warning her he'd be there so she'd be prepared. I also lately have been pondering all the many items and objects that have magically vanished from my bedroom - things that neither of my teen boys would have any interest in or want to take for any reason. It's like there's a gremlin in their snatching up things - my sunblock, then the new one after that, a shoe, my CD player, the wing from a fairy statue, I have a list somewhere I made of all the things that have vanished, some of them really caused me problems. We moved, but in the move, things magically have also vanished, have no idea how, as they are things I remember putting in the boxes, but all the boxes were emptied after we moved in, by me, personally. Sigh, it's as if the missing socks in the universe have gotten lonely and are now opening up their secret paralell universe to welcome other objects.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join