It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney: why don't aeroplane windows open?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Mitt Romney, the Republican candidate for president of the US, has compounded his reputation for verbal gaffes by questioning why jet airliners do not have windows that open.

During a $6 million (£3.7 million) fundraising event in California, Mr Romney brought up an incident at the weekend when his wife's aircraft was forced to make an emergency landing. He mused that she would have coped better if she was able to breathe outside air during the fire. "I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don't think she knows just how worried some of us were," Mr Romney said, according to the LA Times. "When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly, there's no – and you can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem. So it's very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she's safe and sound."

Ok, you just made my day
This just plain funny..
I didn't know where to post it, so i thought science and technology might be the right place

I think Romney is a good person, but really, i am flabbergasted by the (lack of) intelligence of the republican candidates. Bush had a nice (Freudian) slip of the tongue now and then but this guy is hardcore, i really would like to know what school he did and what subjects he mastered..Go for it Mitt! destroy them !....

Telegraph
edit on 25-9-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Already posted

Mitt Romney: Scientific Moron?

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Personally I think it's a really valid question. Why can't they have a system on the windows allowing them to open at a certain altitude in an emergency situation? Doesn't seem all that far fetched to me? Sure at cruising altitude it would kill you but at a lower altitude entirely doable.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Manufactred gaffe by the media that will now be passed around the left wingers to fake outrage. These are the same people that dismiss every Biden/Obama/Democrat gaffes as "out of context". This is desperation because the economy has done nothing but plummet since Democrats took control in 2006. These people want to talk about anything other than:

-Gitmo still being open
-Drone strikes killing more than ever
-Sky rocketing deficits
-High unemployment that is below the standards set by Obama himself
-high gas prices that lefties raged about during the Bush years
-Inept leadership and foreign policy. You know, a dead ambassador and sacked consulate are just "bumps in the road".
-A propaganda mass media that will lie, cheat, incite racial hatred and vision and deflect for one party and one president
-The fact more Americans are on food stamps than ever before.
-Failing "green energy" policies

The list goes on, but I have to go to work. The point is, this is MSM manufactured bull#.

top topics

join