It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Demanded Favorable Crowd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

While both candidates for president appeared in separate Univision forums in Florida this week, Republican candidate Mitt Romney secured himself several advantages over President Obama, according to a report by Buzzfeed‘s McKay Coppins. Univision anchor Maria Elena Salinas told Buzzfeed that while both candidates had agreed to distribute their share of tickets mainly to students, Romney’s campaign reneged at the last minute, demanding to bus in activists to fill the seats. Salinas also said Romney forced Univision to re-shoot his introduction by refusing to come onstage until they relented

Considering the kind of week Romney was having, and his crushing disadvantage to President Obama with Hispanic voters, he certainly needed the help, and by hook or crook, he got it.

(Maria Elena) Salinas told BuzzFeed that tickets for each forum were divided between the network, the respective campaigns, and the University of Miami (which hosted the events) — and she said both campaigns initially agreed to keep the audience comprised mostly of students, in keeping with the events’ education theme.

But after exhausting the few conservative groups on campus, the Romney camp realized there weren’t enough sympathetic students to fill the stands on their night — so they told the network and university that if they weren’t given an exemption to the students-only rule, they might have to “reschedule.”

…Romney’s team was allowed to bus in rowdy activists from around southern Florida in order to fill the extra seats at their town hall.

www.mediaite.com...

lol @ Romney having to bus in his own people to be in the crowd and throwing a temper tantrum to reshoot the intro

But aren't the candidates supposed to be there because they need the media? Not the other way around. Having Romney miss a speaking engagement would be awesomely devastating to HIM, not to Univision. They should have told him to play by their rules or leave. The media is weak and froths at the mouth for any chance at ratings.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Nothing new here. Obama does the same thing too. Both candidates try to draw in as many "supporters" as possible to make themselves seem more likeable thus drawing in more votes. Welcome to the world of MSM
Manipulation of people has become quite easy

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

Obama didn't have to bus his in, there were plenty already at the University of Miami, read the article.

(Maria Elena) Salinas told BuzzFeed that tickets for each forum were divided between the network, the respective campaigns, and the University of Miami (which hosted the events) — and she said both campaigns initially agreed to keep the audience comprised mostly of students, in keeping with the events’ education theme.

But after exhausting the few conservative groups on campus, the Romney camp realized there weren’t enough sympathetic students to fill the stands on their night — so they told the network and university that if they weren’t given an exemption to the students-only rule, they might have to “reschedule.”

edit on 25-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Not talking about just this specific case. I meant everything they've both done to show how much support they have. Plus its a student thing, obviously they're going to support Obama. I remember the episode from penn and teller's bull# so clearly now

edit on 25-9-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Romney and Paul Ryan are a complete joke. Almost every time they talk in public they are BOOED. Nearly every day they put their FOOT in their mouths. Nearly everyday they make huge percentages of Americans DESPISE them. SO... of course their plans now are to fill their seats with their IDIOTIC cheerleaders to give the impression that Americans are "cool" with them. Thats their ONLY solution to not revealing just how many average Americans are absolutely DISGUSTED with todays Republicans and CONservatives.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

When co-anchor Jorge Ramos noted, in Romney’s introduction, that he would only be available for 35 minutes, versus the full hour that President Obama had promised, Romney refused to come onstage until Univision agreed to re-shoot the introduction.

They should have left him offstage and interviewed the empty chair, Ala Clint Eastwood.

..while both candidates had agreed to distribute their share of tickets mainly to students, Romney’s campaign reneged at the last minute, demanding to bus in activists to fill the seats.

The debates are going to be very interesting if he can't even handle questions from unsupportive students.

Univision Anchor: Mitt Romney Demanded Favorable Crowd, Introduction Do-Over At Forum

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Did you expect nothing less from Mitt?

I remember Obama busing in people also.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — College students from across North Carolina will arrive in Charlotte by the busload. Same with members of predominantly black churches in neighboring South Carolina. Their goal: help fill a 74,000-seat outdoor stadium to capacity when President Barack Obama accepts the Democratic nomination Thursday night.

Dems To Bus In Crowds For Obama’s Speech

This is Politics 101, Spoke. You make it sound like Romney is the only one playing a role........

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I am not American so feel free to correct me if I have just put my foot in it (it won't be the first time) but isn't there a Huuuge difference between busing folk in for the event when Obama was accepting his nomination as presidential candidate and Romney busing folk in for "just" a campaigning event which was education themed.

I can see why one would want to bus people in for the Big Acceptance Speech evening but resorting to busing people in for a campaign event aimed mainly at students...?? Sounds kinda weak!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Can you IMAGINE if Ron Paul had been allowed the nomination? The seats would be extended out the doors and spilling down the city streets, lol. The GOP messed up big time.

Ah shoot, I wanted to see a clip of said speech... Also what was up with the captions on the video clip? They were really off and incorrect.
edit on 25-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me. It reminds me of the coal miners in Ohio who were forced to attend the Romney event or lose their jobs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Romney is ALL about "appearances". There is no "there" there. No substance, just an illusion.
edit on 9/25/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr

Not talking about just this specific case. I meant everything they've both done to show how much support they have. Plus its a student thing, obviously they're going to support Obama. I remember the episode from penn and teller's bull# so clearly now

edit on 25-9-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

Can you give specific examples of when Obama did something like this? Not saying he didn't, but am curious to see some specifics.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
Nothing new here. Obama does the same thing too.

According to the hosts of the event Pres. Obama precisely didn't do the same thing...

The false equivelance arguments are getting pretty stale around here.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Did you expect nothing less from Mitt?

I remember Obama busing in people also.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — College students from across North Carolina will arrive in Charlotte by the busload. Same with members of predominantly black churches in neighboring South Carolina. Their goal: help fill a 74,000-seat outdoor stadium to capacity when President Barack Obama accepts the Democratic nomination Thursday night.

Dems To Bus In Crowds For Obama’s Speech

Oh wait...you mean people travelled to the Democratic national Convention???

Ya know ...I heard a BS theory that the GOP even had folks FLYING into thier convention from all over the United States!

This was a campus event with an agreed upon protocol that STUDENTS would have a chance to participate.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Univision Anchor: Mitt Romney Demanded Favorable Crowd, Introduction Do-Over At Forum

Univision anchor Maria Elena Salinas told Buzzfeed that while both candidates had agreed to distribute their share of tickets mainly to students, Romney’s campaign reneged at the last minute, demanding to bus in activists to fill the seats. Salinas also said Romney forced Univision to re-shoot his introduction by refusing to come onstage until they relented.

Fake crowd.

Fake tan for that "Latino" look.

Mitt caught on camera saying he "wished he were Mexican" so he could "have a better shot at winning this."

Threatened to storm out of interview two minutes before the event began unless he got his intro redone.

“We were a little bit thrown because it was supposed to be a TV show, it wasn’t a rally…It was a little bit of disrespect for us,” Salinas said in an interview with BuzzFeed. (*)

Forgot lousy candidate - Mitt Romney is just a plain ugly lousy human being.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Romney doesn't want to be President. Well he wants the title, the line on his Resume, the library and for the line in his eventual obituary. Beyond that it means nothing to him.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Romney cant even get his own Wife to appear with him.

He reminds me of Frosty the Snowman , in July, hes Melting Down Fast.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

He reminds me of Frosty the Snowman , in July, hes Melting Down Fast.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

OMG....what a princess throwing temper tantrums, waaaaaaaah I want a golden goose egg daddy!!! I want it NOW!!! Boo-hoooooo-hoooo....

new topics

top topics

join