It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby "I'm 74 and Tired" (Born July 12, 1937)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I can not figure out where I should post this , so moderators please move if needed .
I received the following in an email today and I thought I should share it with my fellow ATS readers.

"I'm 74 and Tired" Worth reading... This should be required reading for every man, woman and child in Jamaica, the UK , United States of America , Canada , Australia and New Zealand "I'm 74 and I'm Tired" I'm 74. Except for brief period in the 50's when I was doing my National Service, I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for some serious health challenges, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly 40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired. I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it. I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to. I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia , New Zealand , UK, America and Canada , while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance.. I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do... Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off? I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor. I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems. I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's be-deck them selves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making themselves un-employable and claiming money from the Government. Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 74. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter and her children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in.

I had no idea he is so wise

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Let me be the first to give this a star.I always did like BIll Cosby, and he is one of the few to keep his ethics in the modern entertainment industry. He always did tell it like it is. You go Bill!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This has been posted many times and has been claimed as a false statement. It's never been proven or denied from a man who I regard as a great comedian, humanitarian and IMO one of the greatest TV personalities of our time.

But, that's just me.

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
OOPs. yup you guys are right. It's from some other dude. MR Hall or something.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Even Bill Cosby says 'I didn't write this'.

billcosby.com...

'There’s an email floating around – entitled “I’m 76 and tired” – purportedly sent by me. I did not write the email, I did not send the email, I’m not 76, and I don’t subscribe to the ugly views expressed in the email. We are coming up to an important anniversary on Sunday, which is a day when we should all come together. Whoever wrote this email is not thinking about our country, or what is important. If you get the email, it’s time to hit DELETE.'
edit on 25-9-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

I don't think he is all that wise..
Just wait till he pops back into earth for his next life and realizes that all his personal gain from his personal hard work can not save him now. Maybe he would be wiser to know that we are all ONE. helping others helps you. doing it all yourself and earning lots of money only means someone else does not have that opportunity. I don't know how else to say it. People are so dumb to think that having millions of dollars doesn't mean there are millions of dollars taken out of circulation.. change dollars to time and you realize rich people are hoarding your time, your life. Think about it like water. If we all go out and take all the water from our roofs everyday and store it for safe keeping where it can not evaporate (think off shore bank accounts) then eventually no one will have rain..

What we should be focused on is donating tools that improve effieciency of time to EVERYONE. This is the only way of increasing value per time... Value per time IS money.

It's also cheaper to treat serious drug addicts than to take care of everything for them in jail. It also might cause them to get better rather than be a time bomb ready to blow up upon release.

I'm tired of this world too, whoever wrote that,(feels like a white Christian gun owner who hasn't figured out what proported savior was even talking about) but it's not because people want to take my money. It's because people havn't learned we are all brothers and sisters yet.

You don't need to have all these things. You will see what it's all worth some day, as this life and everything in it turns to dust. Souls are the only thing that will matter then.

Peace.

edit on 9/25/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Who ever wrote is in tune with how we are manipulated by certain things and groups shall we say..be it politics media trash media.Yeah i think we are heading for a massive Islam v Christian /Cathoclic/Athiest war.Can see a collection of nations from both sides fighting ..may be in the next year or 10.Not good when every country has large amounts of radicals in them.And the red necks and EDL/BNP in USA and UK.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

billcosby.com...

'There’s an email floating around – entitled “I’m 76 and tired”

I am sorry if I have posted a bogus quote "Bill Cosby "I'm 74 and Tired""
The message in the OP is still powerful and I think needs to be heard

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Heh, he echoes my sentiments exactly. I know I'm not the only person that feels the same way too.

Humanity as a whole has gone off the rails, the overly rampant consumerism, the lack of responsibility & accountability, the way the corporate world is increasingly about stabbing everyone in the back to get that annual bonus then bailing once the # hits the fan, the governments that ignore the general population and bow to the will of lobby groups and large corporations, the lack of compassion and what used to be common sense, people fighting and segregating over absolutely ridiculous stuff and the obsession with material possessions or the size of your "followers" being a sign of your "worth".

Who cares what the "trending" topic on twitter is? Who cares if John Smith was at some random bar 6hrs ago? So boo hoo someone said your god was a doody head, is your belief really that weak that a stupid drawing is all it takes for you to rampage, murder and maim? How can you claim to be a devote believer if you willfully and eagerly commit acts that even atheists (who don't have a book to tell them what morals they should have) find reprehensible? What makes a random person that released a sex-tape/wears provocative dresses so qualified that people look to them to be told what to think about global issues/what to like/what to think/how to behaviour/how to eat/how to exist? It's crazy and one way or another it needs to stop. We can continue on this path until the bickering and fighting hits a crescendo and everything comes crashing down causing un-told of grief and pain, or we can consciously chose to start living a more meaningful life and avoid a catastrophic collapse in the years to come...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

billcosby.com...

'There’s an email floating around – entitled “I’m 76 and tired” – purportedly sent by me. I did not write the email, I did not send the email, I’m not 76, and I don’t subscribe to the ugly views expressed in the email. We are coming up to an important anniversary on Sunday, which is a day when we should all come together. Whoever wrote this email is not thinking about our country, or what is important. If you get the email, it’s time to hit DELETE.'
edit on 25-9-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

And that should be the first huge clue there's not something quite right with this email. Many of the points made are legitimate... and that's what makes this email so insidious. At the core it is inciting hate and violence. And it's not like Christianity is really much better, many people, including many men of science, have been slaughters at the hands of Christians. What would it help to stop Muslims from being able to teach and practice their religion here? It the answer really to lower yourself to their close minded ways? And was America not founded upon principles of being able to practise and preach what ever religion you so choose? Try reading the constitution. The writer of this article may be tired, but what they don't seem to understand is that change takes patience, understanding and open-mindedness about other cultures.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It was a pretty good letter, lot of emotion, but i knew it was fake as the real bill cosby would have dropped a line for some pudding pops.
thanks for sharing regardless of the out come it was a good read.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Either he's been made to write this or the guy is a tard. He's worked in media his whole life and he can't seem to look past the wool they pull over our eyes. Glad he's 74, hopefully the next few years for him go more quickly than ever.

I hate to sound like a jerk but it bothers me that this man puts his opinion out there and the rest of the sheep will take on to it like it's the word of god simply bc of who he is.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pillock
I can not figure out where I should post this , so moderators please move if needed .
I received the following in an email today and I thought I should share it with my fellow ATS readers.

"I'm 74 and Tired"

I'm 74. Except for brief period in the 50's when I was doing my National Service, I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for some serious health challenges, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly 40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired. I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia , New Zealand , UK, America and Canada , while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance.. I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do... Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off? I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems. I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's be-deck them selves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making themselves un-employable and claiming money from the Government.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 74. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter and her children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in.

I had no idea he is so wise

Yes, even though Bill Cosby didn't write this (HOAX) it echoes the feelings of many Americans today.

edit on 1/2/13 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join