It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Halt accuses the U.S. of Ufo cover up - "September ufo disclosure"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Found this story while making my rounds today. I thought it was an interesting piece of information, as former U.S. Air Force Colonel Charles Halt and guests spoke before an audience of 200 people at the Atomic Testing Museum.

Two former Air Force officers who were part of the infamous Project Blue Book -- the military's official UFO investigation in the 1950s and '60s -- and a former investigator with Britain's Ministry of Defense were among the panel of speakers for a program entitled "Military UFOs: Secrets Revealed."

"I've heard many people say that it's time for the government to appoint an agency to investigate," Halt said. "Folks, there is an agency, a very close-held, compartmentalized agency that's been investigating this for years, and there's a very active role played by many of our intelligence agencies that probably don't even know the details of what happens once they collect the data and forward it. It's kind of scary, isn't it?

"In the last couple of years, the British have released a ton of information, but has anybody ever seen what their conclusions were or heard anything about Bentwaters officially? When the documents were released, the timeframe when I was involved in the incident is missing -- it's gone missing. Nothing else is missing," he said.

A few ufo stories were shared at the conference:

Making a rare public appearance was retired Air Force Col. Bill Coleman, the former chief spokesman for Project Blue Book between 1961 and 1963.

"We were moving at maximum continuous power for the B-25, about 300 miles an hour, and we got right down to the treetops and I closed in on it very rapidly. I said I was going to overtake it -- 'Hang on and put your seat belts on' -- and I made a hard 90-degree bank to try and pull up alongside of [the UFO] and it wasn't there. "I zoomed up about 1,500 feet, and then I could see the object right on the deck over a freshly plowed field moving at a pretty good speed, and it [was trailing] two vortexes." When Coleman dove behind the trees to try and "head him off at the pass," the UFO was gone. He said it was a typically reported flying saucer.

During the time that Coleman was the Project Blue Book spokesman, the director of the Air Force study was Col. Bob Friend. He disagreed with the Air Force's negative conclusions about UFOs in 1969.

"My primary explanation for these things is that, yes, they're real, and I think it would be much better if the government or some other agency was to take on these things and to pursue the scientific aspects of it," Friend said.

"UFO sightings are real, and you will not be ridiculed by any honest organization that investigates it. Just come forward, quote your case and allow people to investigate what they can to make some determination about what it is that you've seen. In the future, just remember that we're on your side."

Another ufo lecturer, retired Army Colonel John Alexander weighed in on the issue.

Another UFO lecture panelist, retired Army Col. John Alexander, was a former military insider who convened a special group in the 1980s called the Advanced Theoretical Physics Group, whose members were culled from the military services and the aerospace and intelligence communities. They concluded that while there had been numerous cases of credible UFO encounters, the group couldn't find any evidence of any actual government cover-up. Alexander cited a variety of intriguing UFO cases involving pilots and told the audience that UFOs are "real and is a global phenomenon -- not something that just happens in the U.S.

Shortly after all of the speakers made their comments and gave their stories, the crowd questioned the speakers, and many people departed with a feeling that they were left with more questions than answers.

Is this the "disclosure" that has been mentioned and linked in other threads here on ATS? If so, it doesn't appear that many questions were really answered.

Source link:
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 25-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Yep that was the supposed "ufo secrets to be revealed in september"

And once more nothing was disclosed,only some people had their wallets thinned and thats that.

It is starting to get like the story of the shepherd boy and the wolf unfortunately

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

You, like me, are searching for the truth.

I've read and studied enough in my time to know that there is indeed something "out there".

Now, I'm at the stage of :

What is it?
Where does it come from?
What are the intentions?
What is the extent of disinformation?

These symposiums just reiterate to me that these guys tread the fine line between "reputation protection" and "disclosure".

I'm a believer - but I want the absolutes so that this can be put to bed, one way or the other.

S&F - I've been waiting for the outcome of this latest meeting

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Here's the clip from the '80s on KTLA with Mike Farrell talking to Col. Friend and Col. Coleman, the highlight of which is Coleman's sighting in 1955 of what he estimated to be 20-foot disc, that he closed to 1/8 mile, he and his whole B-25 crew witnessed it and filed official reports, and that he saw nothing of those reports in the files at Blue Book when he later went to work there.

It was in 1978 that Merv Griffen got Coleman to open up on live TV about his personal sighting, which was after Jack Webb had hired him to work on a TV series about the day-to-day work of Project Blue Book. But what Griffen did was what every reported who talks to a debunker on camera is negligent for not doing: asking the gotcha questsion of whether the spokeman or debunker him-/herself has ever seen a UFO. And nobody asked Coleman that during his tenure as Public Information Officer for Project Blue Book and the USAF’s Chief Public Relations Officer, and he certainly didn't volunteer that information until specifically asked on camera. But once he opened up about it, why believe him, since he was also implying being dishonest with the public all those years, even if it was under orders?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If anyone is interested, here is the audio of Colonel Charles Halt from the scene of the "Rendlesham Forest" incident:

Rendlesham Forest/Colonel Halt's full recording released

I am not a big believer in aliens but there ARE things (ufos) we cannot explain. I've seen "something" myself in the deepest part of the Welsh forests. The only thing humanly related to it was the fact that "I" saw it.

I'm also not surprised Mr Halt is still involved with investigations and reports, that event would have anyone hooked if they were actually there.

Originally posted by Rubicant13
Shortly after all of the speakers made their comments and gave their stories, the crowd questioned the speakers, and many people departed with a feeling that they were left with more questions than answers.

Seems to be the nature of the beast eh?
edit on 25/9/2012 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Just what I thought, nothing really happened. I was kinda waiting for some info on this alleged "September ufo disclosure".well... another silly attempt to make some dollars. Im really starting to believe there will never be any disclosure. If any aliens really made contact they probably dissected, tortured and raped them to death so they will be too scared we will find that out and keep it secret for ever. I hope the ET, if their really out there just disclose themselves on their own. Our Gov. can´t be trusted anyway so wth---

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hesse
Just what I thought, nothing really happened. I was kinda waiting for some info on this alleged "September ufo disclosure".well... another silly attempt to make some dollars. Im really starting to believe there will never be any disclosure. If any aliens really made contact they probably dissected, tortured and raped them to death so they will be too scared we will find that out and keep it secret for ever. I hope the ET, if their really out there just disclose themselves on their own. Our Gov. can´t be trusted anyway so wth---

I have to admit, I am a bit tired of the promises of disclosure that never happen as well. It's disappointing every time, but I myself, am pretty used to it now.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
(Caveat: my post is based on my personal belief that some in government(s) know intelligent non-human entities exist. I'm not married to this belief and I have no problem admitting I could be absolutely wrong.)

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but if people are disappointed there hasn't been disclosure then it's your fault for being gullible, for believing it's going to happen.

The simple reason why it will not happen is because governments don't know everything about the phenomenon, they can't control it, and therefore any disclosure would ultimately be at the same time an admission of ignorance and powerlessness.

I am of the opinion governments don't know as much about the phenomenon as popular culture would have us believe, but even if they admitted to the most basic knowledge — the existence of intelligent extra-terrestrial life — it would be enough to disrupt the normal function of society. People would continuously demand more answers, to questions that government(s) would not have the answer to.

Disclosure only makes sense to those who believe the government knows everything: what this "other" out there is, where they come from, what they want, and so on. And that's an unrealistic expectation for obvious reasons.

Disclosure is a childish hope. Let it go.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
Yep that was the supposed "ufo secrets to be revealed in september"

And once more nothing was disclosed,only some people had their wallets thinned and thats that.

It is starting to get like the story of the shepherd boy and the wolf unfortunately

anybody who can't come to disclosure on their own is as bad as those sheep following that shepherd.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
If anyone is interested, here is the audio of Colonel Charles Halt from the scene of the "Rendlesham Forest" incident:

Rendlesham Forest/Colonel Halt's full recording released

I am not a big believer in aliens but there ARE things (ufos) we cannot explain. I've seen "something" myself in the deepest part of the Welsh forests. The only thing humanly related to it was the fact that "I" saw it.

I'm also not surprised Mr Halt is still involved with investigations and reports, that event would have anyone hooked if they were actually there.

Originally posted by Rubicant13

Seems to be the nature of the beast eh?

You know, the audio of Halt's famous tape sync's perfectively with the beacon of the Orford Ness lighthouse.

I used to have hope that there was something to Rendlesham however the more Halt and company continue to go on I think it is clear that this is just another misidentification of a mundane event that has become inflated and contrived to promote fat wallets from books, television appearances and speaking fee's.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FelixB

Great point and I also want to add that it is childish, irresponsible and absolutely silly for anyone to expect aliens, if they exist, to land down on the White House lawn or The Buckingham Palace for them to obtain "proof" of their existence.

These thought and expectations need to be put to rest as it probably will never happen. Even if something remotely ridiculous as this happened, the non-believers will claim CGI or government stunt as the only explanations.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If you want discolsure then here it is.

The governments of the world ABSOLUTELY ARE involved in not just A cover-up but the single biggest cover-up in the entire history of mankind. Only the people at the tippy top are aware of the nature and reason FOR the cover-up and everyone else is "just following orders".

The nature of the cover-up is that the leaders (the real leaders...behind the curtain) are giving consent on behalf of humanity for them to be here. They are under the strictest of orders to keep their presence top secret.
In exchange for this THEY are given access to technology which is ultimately going to give our leaders more power over us, and even more ultimately going to give the Aliens the ability to enslave us.

In the end, we are really enslaving ourselves, and they knew we would.
We are enslaving ourselves with technology that was made possible by????

Them!

They are conquering us with technology that we are not spiritually ready to deal with.
This is the reason their presence has been and will continue to be TOP SECRET.
In will NEVER get out.
Not the TRUE nature of it anyway.

There's your disclosure.
It is the closest you are going to get to it too.
If you think that the goverments of the world are just going to come out and tell you that they have been in collusion with an E.T. race for the better part of a century in order to eventually hand the reins over to them then.....you need to get your head examined.

Don't hold your breath cuz' it aint gonna happen.
The only thing that will bring the true nature of all of this to light will be an act of GOD his own damn self.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
nasa is 100% publicly funded with tax payer money.

but somehow everyone believes they are above the taxpayer.

it is the public that is paying for their research, equipment and exploration.

but national security is used to justify and hold on to power.

i wouldn't be surprised if they photoshopped ufo's out of pictures.

who gave them the right to lie to you is a question everybody is waiting to be answered.

nasa wants you to believe that ufo's are only visible when within the atmosphere.

the very least they should do is acknowledge the question.
edit on 25-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ah good ole Charles Halt. If you guys are interested in UFO's shutting down nuclear weapons and to hear Charles speak at a UFO conference held in Washington DC for the National Press Club in 2010 that was aired live on CNN then this video is a must see.

Here is a form of soft disclosure. No Gov't on this planet, especially the US Gov't, will ever admit to knowledge of alien life. The only way that's gonna happen is if the aliens themselves force said Gov'ts hand.

Disclosure Conference, National Press Club, 27 September 2010

edit on 25-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
*yawn* ^ Been there, done that. R Hastings was even around for a short time months ago

The rendlesham forest incident looks like another lie because you see, the Nazi technology is times more likley the case than aliens flying around every day. Now t echnology derived from ancient ideas or some say - Hitler has met aliens? Hard to confirm that but Nazi technology seems more of an answer
edit on 25-9-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

If you want discolsure then here it is.

The governments of the world ABSOLUTELY ARE involved in not just A cover-up but the single biggest cover-up in the entire history of mankind. Only the people at the tippy top are aware of the nature and reason FOR the cover-up and everyone else is "just following orders".

The nature of the cover-up is that the leaders (the real leaders...behind the curtain) are giving consent on behalf of humanity for them to be here. They are under the strictest of orders to keep their presence top secret.
In exchange for this THEY are given access to technology which is ultimately going to give our leaders more power over us, and even more ultimately going to give the Aliens the ability to enslave us.

In the end, we are really enslaving ourselves, and they knew we would.
We are enslaving ourselves with technology that was made possible by????
Them!

Right on, Screwed, Star and Flag, and I would give you many more if I could for that. The thing is, the governments made deals with the wrong side of things. A predator race that thinks it is of Royal Bearing, and their DNA never evolves, as they consider themselves perfected already. Even some of their own kind are against them. And yes, enslavement is the plan, and it begins with religion, people, sorry, that is just how it is. Anything here on Earth that controls you, be it electronic devices, cigarettes, drugs, sex....if you are already under control, the complete takeover will be that much easier. How do you control a drug user? Provide the drug, at a price.

And you are right about the Alien Technology that has been given us, at first it was all good, we got color TV, microwave ovens, computerized fuel injection....then it got draconian. Cell phones now have control of most of humanity, whether they realize it or not. The constant microwave bombardment from the cell towers affects us all. Religious Dogma has a tight grip on many people's mindset, and this kind of control is very difficult to break, even for the person. Certain music has a control factor, and I needn't mind mentioning prescription drug users, and their control factor.
This has been a long and well planned takeover, and the pieces are just about all in place. They are waiting for that moment when all of humanity will be thrust into the Spirit World, or the Twilight Zone, however you may look at it. Once humanity is all in spirit form, that is when they will strike.
What do that want? They want your Spiritual energy, which is a lot more than humans give it credit for. and they want human bodies, for slave labor, sexual service, (think Nephlim, mating with human women here) and for food. Earth has a valuable resource that is rare in the Universe, can anyone tell me what it is? Water. Earth without her water is a doomed, out of balance planet spinning out of control, no longer able to sustain human, or any other kind or sort of life form. Does everyone see how important this is?
We cannot let this happen.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
*yawn* ^ Been there, done that. R Hastings was even around for a short time months ago

The rendlesham forest incident looks like another lie because you see, the Nazi technology is times more likley the case than aliens flying around every day. Now t echnology derived from ancient ideas or some say - Hitler has met aliens? Hard to confirm that but Nazi technology seems more of an answer
edit on 25-9-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

Well so sorry to bore you, so much so you even had to post about it.

And btw, Nazi's? What are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The more you research the subject, the more you come to the conclusion that this phenomenon is real.

There are just too many credible sightings.

After researching case studies on the subject for the past 30 years, I'm comfortable when I say that I believe these things are either extraterrestrial in nature, and/or interdimensional.

The question is, how long have they've been here and why are they here?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am very curious where these UFO's come from. If they are extraterrestrial, then do they come from a planet like ours? Do they come from our solar system, or do they at least have a base in our solar system? If contact has been made I would assume these beings to be pretty human like or Earth like in most respects in order to communicate with us.

As far as "disclosure" goes....I feel we will discover an exo-planet that has an active advanced civilization like ours, and that will be the first discovery of intelligent alien life. Telescopes will only become more advanced over time to discover more details of the Universe. I'm fairly confident this will happen in our lives. Hopefully in the next 10 years.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I wouldnt bet on that pardner....The time for disclosure has long ago passed its" best before" date......
Too many dead bodies and too many ruined lives and carreers are answerable for ................They could have disclosed at the same time as the ET movies were all so popular....and i thought they may be leading up to that.......
But i believe the crimes and the secrets have built up to an unimaginable tale of such proportions that heads would roll upon disclosure nowa days.....the people would be sorely pissed off.....
The goverments have murdered and worse to keep things under wraps, and the gained technology an exclusive possession of the inner circle....
Those who hold the UFO secrets, started out by murdering a US Nsavy admiral and they have been piling bodies ever since...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join