It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American political manipulation within the great game?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
"Rescuers treating the casualties are also being killed and wounded by second drone strikes, the authors say."

Ambulances and Paramedics

"President Barack Obama has said those targeted are "on a list of active terrorists". "

Americans and Children are on this list.

"A controversial aspect of the US policy is that drone attacks are carried out, not by the military, but by the Central Intelligence Agency. Pakistan is not a zone of armed conflict, unlike neighbouring Afghanistan."

NOT BY THE MILITARY.

"US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has defended the policy, saying that the US will continue to defend itself."

Pakistan is a state of America now ? I suppose so considering American leaders seem to think Israel is a State and not a sovereign nation.

"Earlier this year President Barack Obama insisted the strategy was "kept on a very tight leash" and that without the drones, the US would have had to resort to "more intrusive military action"."

Might as well just say we are not going to stop killing your people but if you complain we will hit you alot harder.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 25-9-2012 by Gestas because: TITLE

Magical second edit to say : I have friends from Pakistan, libya, Syria and Iran

Pakistan: alot of civilian deaths due to drone strikes

Libya : Mercenaries where used. Western mercenaries their skin color kind of gives that away.

Syria : More Mercenaries

Iran: if they are developing nuclear weapons its only because everyone around them has them too and they are afraid and keep getting sanctioned by other nations claiming to be Iran's Opponents namely Israel. My Iranian friend is basically stating the consensus of the Civilians there are afraid they will be nuked by Israel any day now.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Pakistan is a state of America now ? I suppose so considering American leaders seem to think Israel is a State and not a sovereign nation.

The empire has it all.

You didn't know ?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

It is an Unpopular opinion but I believe the American Army should remove the undesirables from their political infrastructure with extreme prejudice.

Edit for the WARMONGERS: I MEANT IN WASHINGTON

Edit #2 : If I had enough money I could hire mercenaries too it is not the most difficult thing in the world to accomplish after all they Just want the money not the ideology.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Gestas because: To prove a point...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Iran: if they are developing nuclear weapons its only because everyone around them has them too and they are afraid and keep getting sanctioned by other nations claiming to be Iran's Opponents namely Israel. My Iranian friend is basically stating the consensus of the Civilians there are afraid they will be nuked by Israel any day now.

Tough luck.

Get up and march to get the Islamists out of government. If I was afraid of being nuked I would do anything to stop it. Especially if the problem is from my own government, making it an internal issue in the first place.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ClicheCalvicade

Especially if the problem is from my own government, making it an internal issue in the first place.

Now its an internal issue, are you granting Islam the right to self determination? Or meddling in their affairs? My bet is you want to just get on with the bombing for a women's right to drive and such.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gestas

"US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has defended the policy, saying that the US will continue to defend itself."

Don't you love it when they justify assault as "defense"? Defending ourselves with missiles from the heavens at night while they sleep thousands of miles away.

Riiight...

Less and less people are buying that BS nowadays. Think of another way to delude everyone you schmucks. The old lines aren't working anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Especially if the problem is from my own government, making it an internal issue in the first place.

Now its an internal issue, are you granting Islam the right to self determination? Or meddling in their affairs? My bet is you want to just get on with the bombing for a women's right to drive and such.

No, no, I'm not granting Islam any rights of government in Iran at all. I'm in favor of a secular Iran and so are the majority of Iranians. Hence; if they are afraid of being bombed for the opions and ideologies of Islamic fundamentalists, then they should go out and protest. If they are REALLY fearful of a nuclear strike.

PS.

"Bombing for women's right to drive."

That's a false argument and it minimizes the suffering of the oppressed in Iran and Saudi Arabia. Shame on you for even uttering such idiotic statements without knowing what the hell goes on in these countries, except for what you read on some conspiracy website.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

PS.

"Bombing for women's right to drive."

That's a false argument and it minimizes the suffering of the oppressed in Iran and Saudi Arabia. Shame on you for even uttering such idiotic statements without knowing what the hell goes on in these countries, except for what you read on some conspiracy website.

I agree, its a ridiculous argument. You brought it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't see you post about the "safety of others" in Islamic countries. Where heads are chopped off, thousands of journalists are jailed, women can't drive, apostasy is punishable by death and on, and on. Where is your outcry there?

Emphasis added. So yah, I am careful what I read on any website.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What will protesting their government do from stopping another nation that hates their skin colour turning them to glass?

And besides this is a threat about American's Political discourse towards other nations I simply stated that they are fearful and that the civilians are just like any other civilians they want peace and to be left alone..

To give a sense of understanding for both sides of the coin.

Please do not de-rail my thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gestas

Sorry dude. I thought your thread was brilliant. You took apart that article like a person who sees right thru the propaganda. I enjoyed you point of view. You should do more analysis like this.

Couple hints... Use the ATS BBcode for quoting off site content like this:

"Publicly available evidence that the strikes have made the US safer overall is ambiguous at best," it says, adding that targeted killings and drone attacks undermine respect for international law.

Start a thread in the morning so people have all day to find it. You will have more response that way. This is a good subject for ATS.

new topics

top topics

join