It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows Movie Maker Problem.............Heeeeeeelp Me Pleeeeeeeeeeze.............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Right here we go, please accept my apols if my pc terminology is all wrong, but I am a bit of a technophobe.....

I am using windows xp......

I am using windows movie maker....

I have added an audio track and I am trying to add individual pictures to correspond with the music track....

Now I know how to add pictures to the storyboard, but the problem I am having is changing individual time durations for each picture, I don't want all the pictures to have the same time duration...

Apart from dragging each picture in the timeline to shorten or lengthen it, is there a better way of doing it? I find dragging each individual picture a bit of a pain in the whatsit and difficult to get the actual length you require...

The other problem I am having is that whenever I open a saved project in window movie maker all the pictures that are in the timeline are no longer visible so I am unable to do anything with them like I could before I saved the project.....

I hope all this makes some sense, if anybody does reply to this can they please write in a way that a technophobic person can understand please so that my brains don't turn to scrambled eggs......

Cheers................. Davethebear..............

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I use windows movie maker all the time. As far as I know you can only manually shorten clips by dividing them in two (or by clicking and dragging like you said.) I'm not sure how you can actually input what exact time you'd like to shorten a clip. Movie maker is a pain to use! Maybe that's because I don't know how to use it.

Hope someone else can help you with it.

Edit: just opened up movie maker to make sure I'm not missing anything. My version definitely doesn't seem to have a tool where you can input the length of the clip you'd like it to be. It would be very useful, I agree.
edit on 25-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
go here right now, you have 15 minutes to be eligible www.giveawayoftheday.com/ "Giveaway of the Day - Wondershare DVD Creator 2.6.5"

EDiT: never mind, you missed it the offer is over now, sorry i didn't see your post sooner.
edit on 25-9-2012 by n3mesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
I use windows movie maker all the time. As far as I know you can only manually shorten clips by dividing them in two (or by clicking and dragging like you said.) I'm not sure how you can actually input what exact time you'd like to shorten a clip. Movie maker is a pain to use! Maybe that's because I don't know how to use it.

Hope someone else can help you with it.

Edit: just opened up movie maker to make sure I'm not missing anything. My version definitely doesn't seem to have a tool where you can input the length of the clip you'd like it to be. It would be very useful, I agree.

You have put my mind at some kind of rest, I have looked everywhere, I have scanned Google and still can't find how to change the duration length of an individual clip. You can change the duration length under tools, but when you change one picture/clip then all the others clips become the same length... Surely that must be an option, it seems such a basic thing not to include like you said......weird........cheers

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by n3mesis
go here right now, you have 15 minutes to be eligible www.giveawayoftheday.com/ "Giveaway of the Day - Wondershare DVD Creator 2.6.5"

EDiT: never mind, you missed it the offer is over now, sorry i didn't see your post sooner.
edit on 25-9-2012 by n3mesis because: (no reason given)

Thanks for that though whatever it was....I wouldn't have got there in time anyway I would have been in bed, it was around 6am when I wrote this thread due to all the messing around and time wasting I had been doing all night on the bloody movie maker..........cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Windows Live Movie Maker (the one that has an Office 2007 like ribbon instead of a menu) has an option for that in the Edit area.

As Windows Live Movie Maker is a free download maybe you could try it.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Windows Live Movie Maker (the one that has an Office 2007 like ribbon instead of a menu) has an option for that in the Edit area.

As Windows Live Movie Maker is a free download maybe you could try it.

Okay, thanks for that ArMaP, I shall have a look at that later..............much obliged...........

top topics

join