It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gersten and His "Leap of Faith" -> Suicide in Sedona

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gostr

I hope that no one chooses to jump with him.

Well, the 39 people from Heaven's Gate aren't around anymore to jump with him. They all got taken away back in 1997 by that spaceship hiding behind comet Hale-Bopp.

edit on 9/27/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: added a "wink" smilie to indicate sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
No science provided behind this?

Not that I care but, some kinds of "crazy" might open doors. Although saying things like this shows he knows nothing about science. Just in the off 0.001% chance that he does........

11:11 AM/PM makes this even harder to believe and more like the plot of a movie.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Interesting. I posted this info in a thread a while back and the thread was almost immediately deleted.

The guy is dying of cancer or so he claims.

Personally I think the guy is a nut. His act will require someone to drag his nasty mess out of the wilderness afterwards. I would not want to be on the clean up crew. If he doesn't manage to land on an easily accessible area he endangers those removing his body.

He really needs to consider others before making tomato paste in the wilderness.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well, what happened? Did he jump?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I saw nothing posted in the news.

I hope he doesn't. It would be a burden on the recovery crew if he goes for the tomato paste event.

The universe did not shut down. He can go die like a gentleman: in bed from cancer. He does have terminal cancer in case people did not know.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
More proof that we should just let people be themselves.

The stupid have a way of thinning themselves from the herd.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
More proof that we should just let people be themselves.

The stupid have a way of thinning themselves from the herd.

True, except someone, as Stereologist pointed out, will have to clean up the "tomato paste" mess in a rocky, potentially dangerous area.

I'd be tempted to do the "Tibetan" with the bits in inaccessible places.

In the old days, some Tibetans used to leave their dead out for the "wild things" to feast on. Rather thoughtful of the Tibetans, if there was no one who cared about the scattered, gnawed-on remains.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gostr
This man has been lost in new age folk lore and plans on killing himself because he believes in something there is absolutely no proof of, its a shame those with more mainstream religions are not doing the same.

What a shameful and ignorant comment.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, here's an update, looks like he's just a typical attention seeker.

Since then, Gersten assured the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office he doesn't plan to jump off Bell Rock, YCSO spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn said.

"Today we walked the trail with him just to get an idea of where he's going and where he's going to plant himself" to wait for the portal, D'Evelyn said Thursday. "We obviously have a concern about folks mirroring whatever he's going to do."

Source

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A portal will open up alright. But he won't be able to return to tell about it. Meanwhile, who's gonna flip the tab for the clean up?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

It wouldn't have mattered if he did this way out in the wilderness. Why clean it up? The animals and insects would make short work of that lol

Anyways, I'm disappointed that he didn't do it. I was looking forward to seeing video footage of this for months

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Sedona is not really wilderness. Bell Rock is a well visited site and it is desert so remains would have spoiled the view for others for quite a while. There really are very few places in the world where human remains are allowed to be left for the wildlife to consume.

A removal would have been important and requires humans to deal with shattered, splattered remains.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs
Surely lowering himself by a rope would be a better idea?

Just in case he's wrong.

Good idea a bungee..... on the way down he would be shouting taaakkkeee mmeeeee on the way up he would be shouting...... maaybbbeee neexxtt ttiimmmeee......

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I was reading this like some sort of thriller tale, and y'all left me hanging soni went and looked:

Link

Poor guy.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
because of all the outragous threads, the more attached to reality i feel. i suggest that anyone feeling a little crazy, just come onto ATS, and find out how sane you really are, compared to a lot of people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join