It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gersten and His "Leap of Faith" -> Suicide in Sedona

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

chalk another one up...

Article

Lawyer Peter Gersten has been a well-known figure in UFOlogy at least since the 1970s. He filed suit against the CIA in U.S. District Court in 1977 for release of documents concerning UFOs. This resulted in over 900 pages of documents being released, although there was little in them that wasn't already known.

This man plans to jump...from a cliff, at exactly 11:11 from "Bell Rock" in Sedona, Arizona. He has the idea that a cosmic portal will open up, akin to the most recent Men in Black film, where a character must jump from a substantial height in order to open a portal.

Bell Rock, Sedona, Arizona

But I believe that some type of cosmic portal will be opening at that time and place and that an opportunity will present itself. I fully expect that it will either lead to the next level of this cosmic program; freedom from an imprisoning time-loop; a magical Martian-like bubble; or something equally as exotic. In March 2012 I will reach 70 years of age and nine months later we arrive at the cosmic coordinate. I think it will then be time for me to move on - in one form or another. I'd like to see what else our Cosmic Computer has to offer. - Gersten

This man has been lost in new age folk lore and plans on killing himself because he believes in something there is absolutely no proof of, its a shame those with more mainstream religions are not doing the same.

Part 2
Part 3

He does make some interesting philosophical points in this interview. I agree with alot of his points of view on reality, and what the universe really is. Interesting man none the less.

Article

Personally, I think he got lost in his dreams. But who knows, I dont.
edit on 24-9-2012 by gostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gostr

Someone should arrest him for attempted murder of himself on the morning of December 21st.
That would piss him off.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gostr

I've been hoping he changes his mind or sees a different light and realises it isn't the way to go. Such a lot of publicity over the years that I expect he'll be prevented from getting anywhere near the place.

I know there are people who've emailed and spoke to him (still do) who say that he's utterly rational and apparently sane. Many care about him and don't want to lose him in this way. However, a suicide leap is a suicide leap no matter how much New Age tinsel and terminology it's given.

Two things about this reality that nobody can question > gravity and human bodies. A body falling from Bell Rock would approach ~100mph which is some 147 feet per second. Lots of mess.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
You cannot say it is good or bad when you yourself do not know. Best of luck to him on his journey, hope he's paid his due.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
He is getting people aware of that date...

way to go

Go hard son..go hard

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Surely lowering himself by a rope would be a better idea?

Just in case he's wrong.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

That would hilarious. Although strange no one has arrested him for attempted suicide, but what if he is right!? WHAT IF! lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

Thats true, i cant say that a portal will not open up, but logic dictates that it will not. Maybe he should invest in 1 of those giant air cushions that stunt men use, atleast he wont die.

what if the portal is 2 inches under the rock face he is flying towards, or maybe has to release hit mortal bindings and at that moment he can safely walk 3 feet to the left and enter the portal.

I would like to know his inner monologue when falling, i bet it would be interesting
edit on 25-9-2012 by gostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
He is getting people aware of that date...

way to go

Go hard son..go hard

never thought of it that way, it is a decent guerrilla marketing strategy.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My only hope is that he hasn't bred before he removes himself from the gene pool and that he leaves sufficient behind him to pay for cleaning up the mess he'll leave.

Oh and I've got a tenner says he'll bottle it and find an excuse not to do it.

And to paraphrase Bill Hicks 'Even ducks take off from the ground'.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by gostr

I've been hoping he changes his mind or sees a different light and realises it isn't the way to go. Such a lot of publicity over the years that I expect he'll be prevented from getting anywhere near the place.

I know there are people who've emailed and spoke to him (still do) who say that he's utterly rational and apparently sane. Many care about him and don't want to lose him in this way. However, a suicide leap is a suicide leap no matter how much New Age tinsel and terminology it's given.

Two things about this reality that nobody can question > gravity and human bodies. A body falling from Bell Rock would approach ~100mph which is some 147 feet per second. Lots of mess.

I hope that no one chooses to jump with him.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gostr

This is exactly what I was thinking. Like I've always said this 2012 nonsense is dangerous. The fact that this man is planning on killing himself is proof of that. However as this man has an established presence in New Age and Ufology circles it's quite possible others will buy into this and decide to jump with them. We could be looking at another Heaven's Gate in the making. All because some charlatans decided to make some money by hyping up an unimportant date. Of course when all is said and done these snake oil salesmen will fell no responsibility and simply move on to the next way they can scam the gullible.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gostr

When he gets about 20ft off the ground and no portal has opened, I can probably tell you exactly what he's thinking.
OH SH!!!!!!
I don't think they can do anything to him legally, because he hasn't actually done anything yet. But, just to hedge my bet, I would wear a parachute.

edit on 25-9-2012 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

He can't be arrested or anything like that. However he can be involuntarily committed since he is a threat to himself. Although I think a family member or psychologist may need to report him before any action can be taken.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
lol he actually thinks a portal is going to open up just because he reaches terminal velocity or something?

I guess he must have slept in on 9/11 and didn't see the live footage of the WTC jumpers. Perhaps the "portal" was undergoing maintenance that day when they were hitting the ground like Hefty bags full of vegetable soup.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

lol he actually thinks a portal is going to open up just because he reaches terminal velocity or something?

I think you need to be going at least 88 mph.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
To me this

But I believe that some type of cosmic portal will be opening at that time and place and that an opportunity will present itself

sounds like he means visually. Like he wouldn't jump unless he actually saw a portal opening or something to that effect. Does he clarify?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
One less charlatan.

I'm taking all bets the portal will not open nor appear.

Might as well jump.

Go ahead, Jump.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
double post sorry
edit on 27-9-2012 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Love the rabbit crossing the road .. Nice picture !
SNF for this cute little bunny

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join