It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.T's And Heavy Metal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hi all, wanted to start this discussion on E.T's and heavy metal or just in music in geneal (yes were all aware of Katie Perry's "ET" but i'm talking about REAL music)

wanted to start by sharing this video of Australian metallers "Alchemist" with their cover version of "Jeff Wayne's" Eve Of The War" from war of the worlds.

Next up we have a band who's themes often revolve around ET's "Peter Tatgutren's" (spelling?) "Hypocrisy" just to show one of their releases on the topic (but there are many more)

while on the topic how could one forget MR. "Devin Townsend" the main force behind the metal band "Strapping Young Lad" however i'm going to take a clip from one of his solo albums "Ziltoid the Omniscient" the album's theme is that of the E.T "Ziltoid" whom has traveled far across the Omniverse to obtain our universes ultimate cup of coffee!

Moving on, we have "Black Metal" legends "samael". after their 3rd album (I think?) they changed their style to that of an Industrial Universal themed metal act (not et's directly but along a similar vein)

whilst on the General Galctic topic another black metal band of high note is "Arcturus" their album "sideshow symphones" follows the story of a spaceships crew through ship malfunctions and more

One more to finish off, this is arguably where this Sub-Genre began with "At The Gates" former guitarits solo project "Oxiplegatz" this music is quite beautiful but also lacking in alot of aspects (production mainly), It does however feature some MARVELOUS female vocals (just a warning this one is a bit more of a difficult listen) (unfortunatley the song i wanted to post is not on youtube, so i'll pick another from the same album)

This is just the tip of the iceberg on this Sub-Genre anyone who has more songs along the same lines PLEASE POST!!!! share thoughts, opinions, and above all GOOD MUSIC!!!

i'm also thinking of starting other similar music related threads regarding topics discussed here on ATS.
mabey one on Ascention (if it doesn't already exist)
I was also thinking one regarding religious aspects (mainly Satanic and Pagan music although there is christian stuff too)
or any others regarding ATS general topics, are these topics you would like to see??? i so let me know, or start one yourself!!

Thanks all, hope you enjoy!!!

Love, Light, and all that crap....

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Another metal band with extra-terrestrial interests! ENJOY!

edit on 25-9-2012 by Kenzie because: wrong link

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by blazingdefiance

Ets and heavy metal....My all time favourite

Hypocrisy-Fire in the sky

Pain-shut your mouth(this is mr Tagtgren's side project)

Judas Priest -Abductors

Gamma Ray-Strangers in the nght(Many songs in their albums are about aliens)

Iron Savior-Coming Home

Warlord-Aliens

Magic Kingdom-Flying Pyramids

Luca Turilli-Pyramids and Stargates

I'm at work and i can see the videos,so if they don't play just type the songs and enjoy.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
wow thanks guys some great posts there will be sure to check them all out when I have time, but I did get to listen to the Zeta Reticuli?? and loved it, sooo brutal and some very technical breakdowns there (i'm also a sucker for the cool samples) props to them!

LOVED pain by the way, very interesting direction but it was great! (fire in the sky also happens to be my favourite hypocrisy song hehe)

Priest is a given staple which any metal head or even beginer metal head needs a big dose of in their heavy diets

gamma ray has their moments but a little too much cheese for me

very interested to check out the others though!

here's another alien tune, not a metal one this time, this time it's GRUNGE!... but a song for us to go to sleep by
ok so it's probably about a girl, but the lyrics could be thought about in an et way... a Plieadian woman perhaps??
and its a cool vid anyway, enjoy and goodnight

Love, Light, and all that crap....

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
How about this?

Mojo Nixon - UFOs, Big Rigs & BBQ

top topics

join