Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Gary Johnson included in Ohio poll (RCP approved), gets double digit support!

page: 6
34
<< 3  4  5   >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM
 


My vote is my voice and I will not use it to join in the sheep song the herds are singing for the two-party turd candidates. My voice will stand for what I truly believe in and that is the principles of the Libertarian Party. People can argue about origins and literal meanings of names...I could care less. I have taken the time to read over many-many different political parties and the one that closest represents my personal beliefs and opinion IS the Libertarian party.

The Libertarian Party Platform for 2012

This is what I believe in. It's really a simple question of do you betray yourself and vote for the lesser of two evils or the guy you "think" can get the "other" guy out of the White House....or...you can stand up for what you believe is right and vote for what you believe in.

I choose to vote for what I believe in...to me, doing any less is asking for this...


edit on 26-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The whole system is geared towards the two big party candidates winning EVERY election period.

a)must have at least 15% of popular support in national elections as determined by the average of five big private poll companies.

b)must have ballots in many/most states so that you can mathematically have a chance of 270 electoral votes.

c)either democrat or republican candidate CAN VETO A THIRD MEMBER whenever they wish EVEN WHEN the other candidates do meet the general elegibility requirements.

To have an effective campaign means the party must have very deep pockets to afford campaigning expenses. If people do not hear and see you then how can they vote for you? This means campaign donations should be banned and replaced with a vote tax. Freedom of speech is irrellevant to money; just taken out of context by right wingers to ensure THEY ALWAYS get the most money and democrats come a close second.

As a left winger I do not care for constitutionalists or libertarians, but my god I would rather vote for one them then vote for one of the two big parties in the forseable future. Both big parties are pro war, pro corporate bailouts, pro outsourcing, pro middle class taxation, pro federal reserve, pro wall street. Screw the two big parties, the lesser of evils is a vote for one of the popular small parties; they are small because mainstream misinformational media says so.

I would rather vote socialist party usa but socialism and communism are extremely dirty words that millions of americans died to suppress, especially in asia. There is not much hope for america but I wish gary johnson and the libertarians the best.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07
 


I like how you can see the bigger picture, its like a breath of fresh air..even here on ATS.

The two party scam needs to stop, we're all outsiders and we're all on the same team.


Gary Johnson is campaigning pretty hard, he's been travelling all over the country, he is actually speaking right now at University of Las Vegas, according to one of my friends.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Is this election all scripted? It is too perfect watching turd-bucket Romney self-destruct. The stench is horrific. He bites the dust and everyone is glad Obama is back for another four years.

For a time the media was focusing on the third-party candidates trying to dilute Paul's chances in case he went independent. Now they are afraid a team like Johnson and Judge Gray could actually take the prize - It's not like the competition is all that tough this year. A wave of libertarianism has been building and perhaps sooner than expected it will go tsunami and reclaim the political landscape.



posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente
 

I live in NM . Gary would beat Romney easy in a debate, As well as Obama. There would be many,many, um,um's from Obama. NM was going down hill fast financially before Gary was elected , very much like what the entire USA is going through now. So know the guy can get this county headed in the right direction again with jobs and the economy in general. What bug me though is the Democrats are still trying to take credit for all his good work. In his first term he gave the teachers in NM the biggest raise they ever received 10 percent to bring them up to a national level pay scale. Made some nessary cuts on usless spending and everyone was happy. Gary really put NM back on track and gettig the finances of this state in order . He left NM with large surplus as you know, when Bill Richardson was elected after Gary Johnson . Bill Richardson gave that surplus back to the tax payers. I'm not sure if that was agreed upon by Gary and Bill , anyway the tax payers of NM were very happy. From what I seen of Johnson governig NM, the man can definitely turn this country on the right path. I have never seen a govener work as hard for the people as Gary Johnson. That's the truth. I'm writing on my cell , so there might be some errors.



posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by EarthCitizen07
 


I like how you can see the bigger picture, its like a breath of fresh air..even here on ATS.

The two party scam needs to stop, we're all outsiders and we're all on the same team.

Gary Johnson is campaigning pretty hard, he's been travelling all over the country, he is actually speaking right now at University of Las Vegas, according to one of my friends.


Many republicans are accusing him of backstabbing the party and more-or-less handing over the win to Obama after switching party affiliation, as though once a republican always a republican. Nevermind the inconvenient fact that he took more votes from the democrats in new mexico than he could ever take from the republicans. If anything this could be a bad harbinger for Obama in the 2012 national elections, and as bad as Obama is, I have to say Romney winning would be an absolute nightmare for global security.



The media should be supporting small parties but all they do is prop up the republicans with subterfuge!
edit on 27/9/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: small corrections



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98
reply to post by eLPresidente
 

I live in NM . Gary would beat Romney easy in a debate, As well as Obama. There would be many,many, um,um's from Obama. NM was going down hill fast financially before Gary was elected , very much like what the entire USA is going through now. So know the guy can get this county headed in the right direction again with jobs and the economy in general. What bug me though is the Democrats are still trying to take credit for all his good work. In his first term he gave the teachers in NM the biggest raise they ever received 10 percent to bring them up to a national level pay scale. Made some nessary cuts on usless spending and everyone was happy. Gary really put NM back on track and gettig the finances of this state in order . He left NM with large surplus as you know, when Bill Richardson was elected after Gary Johnson . Bill Richardson gave that surplus back to the tax payers. I'm not sure if that was agreed upon by Gary and Bill , anyway the tax payers of NM were very happy. From what I seen of Johnson governig NM, the man can definitely turn this country on the right path. I have never seen a govener work as hard for the people as Gary Johnson. That's the truth. I'm writing on my cell , so there might be some errors.


Thanks for bringing that up, I was wondering what happened to that huge surplus. The only sensible thing to do with it (for a sensible man or men) is to return it to the tax payers. Of course, leave some for a rainy day.

If they were taking in such a huge surplus, they can cut taxes even more.

Wow...libertarian principles actually benefit the people..WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT!?!?!?!?!?
edit on 29-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Maybe it is all just a dream...lol....but.....I believe , try, want to believe that people are smarter then this current mess.....I have a child, a family, friends and animals I'm still willing to try and fight for........



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Maybe it is all just a dream...lol....but.....I believe , try, want to believe that people are smarter then this current mess.....I have a child, a family, friends and animals I'm still willing to try and fight for........



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
A few large sponsors (including Philips) have pulled their sponsorship/financial support from the Presidential debates because the Commission on Presidential Debates are being exposed for favoring the two major partys over the rest.

This is the difference between people standing up for whats right vs those who feel that they have no power to make any differences (aka the defeatists).

When we get most of the largest sponsors away from the 'partisan' events like this debates and putting their money towards 'bi-partisan' causes like fair debates, it is considered a win but it doesn't happen out of no where. People have to stand up for something and be productive and not just chit chat online.

That is the difference between the Ron Paul Revolution and most other online/youth causes.
edit on 2-10-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente
 


I will be voting for Gary Johnson.

I know many people that will be voting for him also.

You dont have to vote for the two evils out there.If EVERYONE sick and tired of the same old crap, voted 3rd Party, we would have a 3rd Party President. Period.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by eLPresidente
 


I will be voting for Gary Johnson.

I know many people that will be voting for him also.

You dont have to vote for the two evils out there.If EVERYONE sick and tired of the same old crap, voted 3rd Party, we would have a 3rd Party President. Period.


I couldn't agree with you more....I have been campaining on FB, with my family and friends, against all odds for us to reject this nightmare 2 party war machine....and these are not stupid, uneducated people I am appealing to, but they just won't believe what is going down....My Mom gave me the biggest guilt trip today when I told her I would be voting for Gary Johnson....my Mom is VERY smart, belongs to League of Women voter's, but she is going to remain a hardcore Democrate to the bitter end, friggin breaks my heart.......

my theme song of the day....

www.youtube.com...



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel
 


If you think that's bad, My father, lifelong Democrat, Union Member, etc.....Is going to vote for Romney.




posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Geez...I don't know my friend...it's just too crazy...I find skinny dipping, a few beers and good music help...I guess my job will be to ease the pain as much as possible when the SHTF.......



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Geez...I don't know my friend...it's just too crazy...I find skinny dipping, a few beers and good music help...I guess my job will be to ease the pain as much as possible when the SHTF.......





The end HAS to be coming, if my old man, is voting Republican.


Im all for the Party, right before it goes up in flames though.........






posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


LOL...well....I think Mother Nature will probably kick all our butts at some point......and I actually kind of feel sad for the folks that think they will go "underground" and survive...to what end?

To my shame I worked for a company that basically broke the union, I was in management, and got a call at 5am I was being sent to So. CA.....they knew people couldn't screw the actual people they knew and worked with, it was diabolical.....I really don't even know what to say anymore....I resigned from that company....but took a hard financial hit.....but what is the price of our souls?
edit on 2-10-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I cannot stress how amazing it is for a non-mainstream candidate hitting double digits in a swing state.





new topics

top topics



 
34
<< 3  4  5   >>

log in

join