It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson included in Ohio poll (RCP approved), gets double digit support!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
That would guarantee an Obama victory in Ohio. Sorry but it's true.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by RealSpoke

Realspoke, I generally don't have issue with your position on things. As a Libertarian, I am happy to let people do, think and act as they feel...that is what true Liberty and Freedom is...it's the individuals right to pursue their own way...not the voice of the collective.

I am going to suggest you learn more about Libertarians. There are a lot of people out there that "think" they know what Libertarianism stands for and actually have a mish-mash of truth and fiction.

Here is the 2012 Libertarian platform. THIS IS what the party stands for. Anything more or less is someone's applied opinion and is not fact...just because someone "thinks" that is what a party stands for does not make it so. The truth is in their platform.

The Libertarian Party Platform for 2012

And just for fun, here's a quick clip of the man that is representing that party.

edit on 25-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

Did anyone else catch the little subliminal message around the 2:02 mark in Gary Johnsons Ad? 1776 KICKS 1984's A$$.......pretty clever little subliminal. It happens right when the lightening strikes

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Is there any reason why youre opposed to Romney over Obama?

I'm curious because they seem to be ideologically very similar. I realize they are supposed to present the illusion that theyre different.

For example:
Obama used Romney's health care model
They were both in favor of the corporate/banking/Wall St. bailouts
They are both backed by big money interests
They both support the Military Industrial Complex
Neither has any interest in stopping the TSA style police state
Neither cares about individual rights: citizen assassinations, torture, indefinite detentions etc
Romney has been in favor of gun control
Romney has been pro-choice
etc.

edit on 25-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by eLPresidente

Well I'm glad that the 3rd party candidates are becoming more popular... but libertarianism (particularly the right wing kind like hes is) is the worst thing in the world soooo, I'm not going to be happy for him.

edit on 24-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

No, not right winged at all. In New Mexico, Gary wanted to legalize ALL drugs not just marijuana. That's nothing close to right winged.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Check out Jesse Ventura's new book. He says the same thing regarding the two party system and the lack of allowing a 3rd candidate into the debate. They really are like two gangs, the crips and the bloods, engaged in their own partnership and criminal enterprise.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

No, what's really sad is that some people don't understand that American politics are a huge game and nothing more.

Vote for one, get the same. Vote for the other, hope you like seconds.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Gary Johnson is Obama's insurance policy.

I think Obama would win without him taking votes away from Romney, but it will just make it much easier for Obama to win.

I see over and over the statement that votes for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson are "taking votes away from Romney" and I just don't buy it. I think these are people so disgusted with the antics of the GOP that they are making a statement rather than throwing their vote away and not voting at all. It's not taking 5 or 10% from Romney, he wouldn't have gotten those votes anyway

I too am tired of that lame propaganda line "3rd party is a waste of your vote". It's actually a waste of a vote to vote democrat or republican, as you will just get more of the same crap we have seen over the past 80+years.

I am voting for the candidate that I believe will best help my country and countrymen.

Not because of the bs lies that the MSM or the parties, or the uninformed sheep spout. But because I, We have all seen how this once great nation has been brought down to mediocrity and in my opinion it is due to those nasty democrats and republicans. I know that it would be a waste of my vote to support either a republican or a democrat. Both of these parties have, either overtly, covertly, or through neglect allowed this nation to decline to the state it is in today.

Brought to you by the republicaans and democrats

16 trillion in debt and growing,
Partiot act,
devaluation of currency,
out sourcing jobs,
strip search for traffic ticket,
wire tapping,
warrantless searches (old knock and enter),
end of habeus corpus,
militarization of the police and anti-posse comitatus,
torturing enemy POW (yeah they call them combatants to circumvent the geneva convention),
unsecured borders,
wasteful foriegn aid,
5+ undeclared wars (korea, vietnam, iraq 1 & 2, afhan..),
TSA,
forced health care,
Insane taxation,

Did I miss anything?

And watch how many will jump out and say nuh uh, the democrats didn't destroy America it was the republicans, and then a republicans will say Nuh UH! it was the democrats. and on and on and on as we circle the drain.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by bl4ke360

Can you tell me what isn't factual about my post? Because all it does is state historical facts.

Just because the term "libertarian" may have been used to describe anarchist behaviour in the past does not mean it holds true to that meaning today.

Do people view the swastica as a symbol of peace just because at one time in history it reflected as such? Of course not...it is viewed as a symbol of hatred and destruction. Meanings of words evolve as time goes along. Libertarian is NOT anarchisim. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I live in New Mexico. We moved here during Gary Johnson's second term.

Governor Johnson was a Republican Governor then and he ran as a Republican during the primary in this current election cycle. He switched to Libertarian when he did not win the Republican primary.

He did do good things in New Mexico for the fiscal health of the state. He lowered taxes and actually got rid of the tax on food (I was shocked to find that New Mexico taxed food.) His successor, Democrat Bill Richardson, promptly raised taxes on everything else to "make up for the lost revenue."

Nevertheless...I believe Gary Johnson's social policies are lunatic. His ad here in New Mexico said he is fiscally conservative and SOCIALLY COOL.

My personal opinion is that he will not take very many votes from Romney but garner some of the lunatic fringe that usually vote Democrat. I certainly hope so!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Johnson is the only guy on all ballots talking any sense, its sad that most of the things people look at in a president are not within his scope of authority. People are led by the nose by the media to focus on things not even within presidential authority.

Like Abortion for instance everyone wants to know what his stance is on Abortion. Who cares whether your pro or anti he can do nothing for you! The President has no authority to do anything about abortion but he can bring the troops home end the wars and cut spending... Which would be a hell of a start and a monumental change most would be ecstatic about. But fools will say I can't vote for him he is anti or pro abortion when it doesn't matter... Sigh! And that is just one issue.
edit on 25-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Sometimes I wonder why going to college even mattered...oh wait, that's right...I learned not to talk out of my ass on the internet.

To understand WHY the Republican party ended slavery, you need to understand WHEN political parties changed their ideals, platforms, and voting bases. I don't know WHY I'm even TRYING with someone like YOU, but there you go...information. It's your birthright as a human of the 21st century. I guess that's why I care. You have no excuse to be ignorant due to the time of your birth. There is a sea on information out there, available to your privileged soul at all times. Use it.

Check out the third party system on up to educate your mind.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I wish Johnson would be allowed to debate - he was only in ONE republican primary debate (that i can remember) and it was pretty good... they didn't give him any time of course.. but the puppet masters do control the strings!

Now why are you a Romney hater?

At least he wouldn't indefinitely detain US citizens under the NDAA as written... oh wait.. just like Obama, he does the support the NDAA.

Obama loves the thought of detaining Americans so much his administration just fought for the ability to detain citizens even though a good judge enjoined that part of the NDAA after it's signing...

Here's more info on the Administrations zest to detain citizens...

judge allows indefinite detention

But less than a year ago, Obama said the following:

"“The fact that I support this bill as a whole does not mean I agree with everything in it, In particular, I have signed this bill despite having serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation, and prosecution of suspected terrorists.”" Pres Obama NDAA signing statement

What version of Obama can we trust anymore?

Should we trust what he says.. .or what he actually does?

The scary thing is that Obama has already started executing United States citizens without a jury or a trial or even evidence... doesn't that sound like the deep south after the civil war???

Do you Remember Abdulrahman al-Awlaki??

16 year old US Citizen killed by Obama

Are you okay with that?

Romney would do the same as Obama - they are both very much the same.. They have no idea what liberty means and they are not alone. Don't be fooled or enslaved to a party that doesn't care about you and would be willing to kill you if you disagree with them.

You could bet Johnson would not have signed the NDAA with the indefinite detention provision.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have to admit, I always thought libertarianism was a step closer to anarchy. I thought it was all about deregulation. I love some regulations and don't like others. So, it seems to get the world I want for my little acre, I'll have to settle for complete deregulation.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Wow to bad this thread devolved into a pissing match over the definition of Libertarianism when more importantly people need to watch the OP video and wake up their neighbors....

This polling hints that we have a chance here to do something great if we can get the word out and break the 2 party stranglehold. Johnson can win this thing, he wants to win it and we don't have to try and play the game with the corrupt republican or democrat machines!

You have to give props to Realspoke .. he played his part as Troll exceptionally well.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I don't know WHY I'm even TRYING with someone like YOU

Stopped reading here.
Can't let my brain be exposed to such childish remarks. Sorry you had to waste your time writing the rest of your post because I didn't read it. Seriously, reading that sentence in my head sounded like a little kid talking on the playground. I highly doubt you went to college.
edit on 9/25/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Awesome. Even though I won't be voting for him (my vote is going to Jill Stein), it's nice to see SOME people waking up and paying attention to the other Parties. Still though, Johnson will NEVER become President. (EVER)

But I do believe voting should be about you and your values.

Stein 2012!!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Great news for Johnson!
Just as an aside because I'm nit-picky about this subject of accuracy in political ideological definitions...
Realspoke is correct, Libertarianism has degrees, the ultimate expression of Liberty is No State, No Government in other words anarchism. Anarchism is generally the goal of Left Libertarians, small government is generally the goal of Conservative Libertarians. Just because Conservative Libertarians choose to be more moderate does not change the fact that the ultimate expression is Anarchism.

Personally I'm willing to go for a Conservative Libertarian for now, even though I'm a Left Libertarian... any restoration of Liberty at this point serves as opening the door a crack on freeing ourselves from the Authoritarian nightmare known as the Republican/Democratic Party's that seek to destroy freedom.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Great. way make sure Obama get reelected. Nice work.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Great. way make sure Obama get reelected. Nice work.

Not sure what you're complaining about, you can easily go out there and campaign for Romney. But I know you won't.

Nice work, or lack thereof.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Very informative thread, I learned alot from the video you posted on how debates actually work, it's an outrage really.....Every American should be furious ALL presidential canidates aren't included in such important debates. I couldn't believe when I saw Ralph Nadar not even being allowed in the building when he was a canidate for Prsident at the time.

I saw this debate last week with Jesse Ventura on the Piers Morgan show...Ventura absolutely "spanks" Morgan...it's great ! I will post the link, sorry, don't know how to embed here....but it is worth watching.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-9-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join