It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson included in Ohio poll (RCP approved), gets double digit support!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is insane, Gary Johnson gets NO media attention and likely won't be in the debates but he gets 10% in a MAJOR swing state. Imagine what it would be like if he were actually included in the debates.

Gary Johnson's impressive track record / www.garyjohnson2012.com...

The independent and/or Ron Paul vote is very strong, now imagine if Ron Paul was the Republican nominee.

Obama, Romney or Johnson?
Obama 44.5%
Romney 37.8%
Johnson 10.6%

www.scribd.com...

If you don't know why Gary Johnson and other third parties aren't allowed to debate, this video will explain why.

Petition to include Gary Johnson in the debates: (the libertarian party is suing for anti-trust to get him in the debates, we must support it)
libertarianpetition.com...

Gary Johnson's impressive track record / www.garyjohnson2012.com...

Left office with New Mexico as one of the only four states in the country with a balanced budget
Left New Mexico with a budget surplus
Used Line Item Veto thousands of times to trim the budget
Vetoed 750 bills during his time in office; more than all other governors combined
Cut over 1,200 government jobs without firing anyone
Created more than 20,000 new jobs
First New Mexico Governor to challenge education status quo and propose statewide voucher program
Restored State General Fund reserves to more than $222 million from a low of $28.1 million
Limited annual state budget growth to 5.0% during eight years in office
Cut taxes 14 times while never raising them—a first for New Mexico
Vetoed 32% of the total number of bills submitted for his signature

edit on 24-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
GOOD, anything to take votes away from Romney.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You're not even trying to be subtle, are you?

Not that I don't agree. I'm not going to Iran.
edit on 24-9-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
GOOD, anything to take votes away from Romney.

That is a pretty sad way of seeing it.

Gary Johnson is an outsider you don't even like Obama...
edit on 24-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Amazing Post and Video OP. They should play this video in High Schools and Colleges as a reminder of how much we have handed this Country over to a Two Party system that are robbing us blind and making sure there is nothing we can do about it.

This is more disturbing than most videos I have seen just for the last question towards the end of the Video regarding the $700billion dollar bailout (which has now turned into 3 TRILLION Dollars). The American People are truly stupid and it really hurts me to say that but we have let it happen and I guess as long as People keep getting there Pills at Wallgreens than everything seems OK.
edit on 24-9-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Gary Johnson is Obama's insurance policy.

I think Obama would win without him taking votes away from Romney, but it will just make it much easier for Obama to win.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Well I'm glad that the 3rd party candidates are becoming more popular... but libertarianism (particularly the right wing kind like hes is) is the worst thing in the world soooo, I'm not going to be happy for him.

edit on 24-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Well I'm glad that the 3rd party candidates are becoming more popular... but libertarianism (particularly the right wing kind like hes is) is the worst thing in the world soooo, I'm not going to be happy for him.

Interesting you feel that way since his principles left New Mexico in a very good place when he left, with a surplus and private sector jobs, a huge boost to the state general reserve fund, and cut the people's taxes 14 times.

Yea, libertarians must have it twisted... the worst in the world...

edit on 25-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Do you realize this country was founded on libertarianism? But you're saying it's the worst thing in the world?
So why are you here exactly?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

No it wasn't.
All of the founding fathers were statists, hence why they founded a STATE! But then again, like most libertarians you probably have no clue what the word means.

Not to mention this nation was founded on taxes, involuntary military servitude, slavery, and women were lesser beings...very un-"your definition of" libertarian. Ohhh, and a state controlled post office.

So why are you here exactly?

Why don't you read some stuff the founding fathers actually wrote and stop parroting tea party talking points?

edit on 25-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I didn't know that the New Mexico was a libertarian state, but then if it were libertarian it wouldn't be a state.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Not to mention this nation was founded on taxes, involuntary military servitude, slavery, and women were lesser beings...very un-"your definition of" libertarian. Ohhh, and a state controlled post office.

So which party ended slavery then? Surely it had to have been your dear democrats, right?

The 13th Amendment to abolish slavery was voted for by 100% of the Republicans in congress and by 23% of the Democrats in congress. Not one Democrat either in the House or the Senate voted for the 14th amendment declaring that former slaves were full citizens of the state in which they lived and were therefore entitled to all the rights and privileges of any other citizen in that state. Not a single one of the 56 Democrats in Congress voted for the 15th amendment that granted explicit voting rights to black Americans.

By the way, this country was not founded on anything you just mentioned, it was founded on liberty and freedom, which is why you can read all about that in the constitution, which probably happens to be your most despised document ever written.
edit on 9/25/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Gary Johnson is Obama's insurance policy.

I think Obama would win without him taking votes away from Romney, but it will just make it much easier for Obama to win.

I see over and over the statement that votes for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson are "taking votes away from Romney" and I just don't buy it. I think these are people so disgusted with the antics of the GOP that they are making a statement rather than throwing their vote away and not voting at all. It's not taking 5 or 10% from Romney, he wouldn't have gotten those votes anyway

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

No it wasn't.
All of the founding fathers were statists, hence why they founded a STATE! But then again, like most libertarians you probably have no clue what the word means.

Have you read the constitution lately? Do you realize it is more libertarian themed than anything else?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I didn't know that the New Mexico was a libertarian state, but then if it were libertarian it wouldn't be a state.

Its a blue state, he beat the democratic opponent by 10 points his first time and in re-election. New Mexico is a state where Dems outnumber Reps 2-1.

Gary Johnson is more suitable than Mitt Romney..lol.
edit on 25-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

That doesn't even make sense, libertarianism has nothing against states. It's actually quite the opposite. Seems to me like you need to educate yourself before posting again.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

By the way, this country was not founded on anything you just mentioned, it was founded on liberty and freedom, which is why you can read all about that in the constitution,

Really? That's why the constitution had the 3/5ths clause for slavery?

Have you read the constitution lately? Do you realize it is more libertarian themed than anything else?

lol? Libertarianism is anarchism. A statist document is in no way libertarian. If the founding fathers were libertarians they wouldn't have created a country after defeating the British.

So which party ended slavery then? Surely it had to have been your dear democrats, right?

Relevance?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I'd rather have Gary Johnson or RP over Mitt Romney.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

The last poll he was at 6% .. either way he's going to take a good portion of votes away from Romney.

BUT...... I'm sure the Diebold Machines will fix that.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

lol? Libertarianism is anarchism. A statist document is in no way libertarian.

Uh actually it isn't, that's why libertarianism and anarchism are two different words. Here, I'll give you the definition since you for some reason think it's something that it's not.

Libertarianism is the group of political philosophies that emphasize freedom, liberty, and voluntary association without coercion.

I don't know why you bother posting when you don't even know the subject you're talking about. Seriously, you think libertarianism and anarchism are the same thing?
Notice the ATS logo at the top of the page, where it says "deny ignorance". Reflect upon it.

edit on 9/25/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join