It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New User-Strange and Unexplainable Occurrances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have been a long time lurker on this site. Strange phenomenon in my home prompted me to register and seek out some opinions. I have been renting a house for over a year. I have lived in houses reputed to be haunted in my town in the past and have a pretty good understanding and respect for paranormal activity.
I have never had any experiences good or bad that would lead me to believe this house is haunted.
The only strange occurrances that happens is every now and then, the foyer leading up to the kitchen will give off a nasty smell of dead fish. Nothing can make it dissapate. Febreeze, incense, nothing. It seems to disappear on its own. Now here is the coincidence: The smell only occurs when someone arrives or is about to arrive in the house that has never been into the house.

The first time I went into the house with the realtor, the smell hit me and I almost balked at renting. The landlord lives out of state and utilized a realtor to show me the house. She spoke nothing of the smell while she was showing me around and I did not inquire about it.

I have never felt compelled to speak to the landlord about it as it always seems to slip my mind when I speak to him.

I have had people come to the house that have been in the house before and no smell. But just last weekend I had a party to celebrate my wife's birthday and had around 20 people there. Half of them were friends from out of town and had never been to my house before. The smell was the worst I had ever experienced and I was afraid it was going to ruin the party as many people were hanging out in the kitchen and foyer area where the smell always generates from.

I have researched the fish smell and have found out that certain lighting and electrical lighting fixtures can emit a fishy smell due to overuse. The issus is this ONLY happens when someone that has never been in the house arrives or is about to arrive.

Thoughts?
edit on 24-9-2012 by harpoon75 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by harpoon75

Check your vents, I had a renter who claimed to put a fish in the vents of the house when he got evicted. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Check your vents, I had a renter who claimed to put a fish in the vents of the house when he got evicted. Welcome to ATS!

I once put prawns into the air intake of a friends car for a joke. A week later you couldnt even sit in the car, I felt really guilty about it, but never told him it was me.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Obviously someone hid some fish in the walls, or in the floors, or in the ceiling, or somewhere like that.

Find someone with a cat that likes fish and have them bring the cat over and see where it starts sniffing; otherwise get someone with a very good sniffer.

In the old days, people used to put fish up in the head linings in automobiles and behind door panels, not a very good thing to do, but it does drive other people away. Obviously someone didn't like the owner or a renter and decided to get even with them in a strange manner.

The door opening and closing on a humid day probably lets in humidity, and when the humidity gets to the carcass it will stink. On a hot day with little humidity outside there is probably little to smell inside when the door gets opened and closed a lot.

The above is my guess as to what is happening at your abode. Good luck with this endevour, and Welcome to ATS.
edit on 24-9-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Stop having too much sex in the kitchen

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I have researched the fish smell and have found out that certain lighting and electrical lighting fixtures can emit a fishy smell due to overuse. The issus is this ONLY happens when someone that has never been in the house arrives or is about to arrive.

Only happens when people come over?
Dose anyone else rent there or live there with you? Could they be sabotaging your life? There are fish odors you can buy that will do that. Heres the thing though. And you can test this for yourself.

An odor as pervasive as dead fish will persist and can be tracked to a source. If there is a dead fish or cat or something under the house or in the heater ducts you can track that down. The source will be there. Do it with someone else that you know and smells it too so you both can agree about it.

If necessary and you can afford it get an outside hygiene agency to come in and take sample swabs for culture to see if the house is "clean". Sometimes smells are a combination of two or more sources that mix to smell like something else. Mold or chemicals can do this, for instance.

Then you can go to the next step. I've never heard of lights smelling unless something is stuck to the bulb. Failing lights usually have ozone or plastic burning smells, not fish odors.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
you didnt say if the people at your party smelled the same thing
it seems you are the only one smelling this sulfur rotten fish thing

talk to the landlord because he know the history of this house
when there is paranormal activity .. it mean something happened in the past
something is trying to make closure
and it has chosen you to figure everything out

Welcome to ATS !

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
Stop having too much sex in the kitchen

If you smell fish while or after sex, then the female of you two needs to see a Dr.
Is probably BV. It is not suppose to smell like that, but it is a common problem and
easily taken care of. READ UP on it.

Sorry to go so far off topic.
I'm back

If no one else seems to smell it then I would think your senses being affected by it means something
trying to get your attention for one reason or another.
Try communicating with the entity to find out what it wants of you.

If others can smell it too then something (opossum,rat,raccoon) may have died in a wall or air vent.
Make a point of telling the landlord soon before it starts to drawing other vermin in to devour it.
edit on 24-9-2012 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Oops, I forgot you say Welcome to ATS.
I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do

edit on 24-9-2012 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join