It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy Device (Perpetual Motion)! He did it simply! Arranging magnets like people said couldn'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

No your very wrong, I do understand power. This is the exact same method used to move your car.

A modern automobile with a automatic transmission, doesn't een have enough torque to move the car. First the torque is multiplied several times over by a "fluid coupling" known as a torque converter. It then sends it to the transmission, that changes gear ratios, to give ever greater speed from the same amount of torque, and rpm range that comes from the engine. Relative to the gear ration. It takes more work to make an object move then it does to maintain speed, which is why at 65 MPH on the highway, your car uses less fuel, than it does at 15 MPH at the upper RPM limit of 1st gear. It increases effeciency, through gearing.

The flywheel was the first kind of "battery" used to harness kinetic energy, it is also quite efficient and good at the task. Which is why it is still in use.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Wait, you mean a flywheel utilizing magnetic power? ...Wow, you could use like six of those and have your own generator!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
everyone wants magnets to be some sorta magic power device, but even they can lose "charge" or "magnetism" depending how you are explaining it.
especially when other opposing magnets are fighting each other (the basic concept of how all these toys move)

and stronger magnets that could create more torque and "work" would only need more care and maintaining and magnetizing, and special storage, to keep from crapping out.

at least magnets that are strong enough to actually power anything, would need a lot more of this.

i guess in an energy sense, its close to free energy, but still not free.
however all i mentioned has labor and money cost that must be considered as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If you hooked this thing up to a generator, the resistance of the electric motor would cause this magnet resistance engine to come to a screeching halt.

Also, those magnets will lose their magnetism over time. If you left that thing spinning for 2 to 3 years, it would eventually stop. You don't get something from nothing.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

That's pretty efficient compared to other machines - you get a certain amount of output from the final product in the OP, and with other machines you have to put MORE in to get the same output. Additionally, there's more parts and thus more processes involved to keep the bigger machine running.

All in all, it's a good trade.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
If you hooked this thing up to a generator, the resistance of the electric motor would cause this magnet resistance engine to come to a screeching halt.

Not if you isolated the two systems electrically and magnetically and only had them connected physically by a shaft. You'd have no more resistance than you would normally with friction. You could attach that shaft to a generator or electromagnetic induction system totally frictionless if it's designed right. This would then be the same as if I were spinning the shaft by hand.

Also, those magnets will lose their magnetism over time. If you left that thing spinning for 2 to 3 years, it would eventually stop. You don't get something from nothing.

Who cares? In 3 years you would have gotten plenty of energy you could then step up to use for work. (stepping up voltage is not considered getting something for nothing) If you isolated the systems as I suggest, you could even feed some electricity back into the system to create electromagnets that continue the spinning. All you need to do is make sure you can keep the spin going at a lesser amount of magnetic force, then you would be free to take a little away.
edit on 25-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So, by creating a wheel and putting magnets all around the edges to "pull" and then on some part of the wheel, putting magnets through the center to push - causing an object to be moved up and down - this is free engine to get things to move without effect - a self sustaining machine that doesn't need external energy.

This seems so simple, why didn't we [humanity] think up this idea for the last thousands of years?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
This seems so simple, why didn't we [humanity] think up this idea for the last thousands of years?

Because it does not work as claimed - it will soon stop turning.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by samlf3rd

So when can I buy one pre build that will at least charge my iphone?????? It's NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

THEREFORE IT'S BULLSHEAT AS FAR AS i'M CONCERNED

this ladies and gentlemen is called the entitlement generation, they have no patience and think they "deserve" #,

"dont show me how to fish just give me a fish or # you"

"dont show me how to build it, build it for me and give it to me NOW or # you"

this is what happens after 200 years of government build up to a welfare dependant populace. coupled with the pansy ass parenting we have today, they are all too busy with the 9-5 job to bother instilling morals into their children

We all know the old days were much better pops. But damn.

You took his comment completely out of context even though it was completely clear that he meant to say that, if it was this simple, we would be using it by now.

I don't see why so many people had to star a post that is not even accurate or relevant, and even insults and demonises another poster who did nothing wrong, based on nothing at all.

Every star represents a person that is less smart than the poster that was attacked for nothing.

edit on 25-9-2012 by QContinuum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

It turns......But where is the load? These spinning devices spin and to spin they need little or no friction which is useless when you want to activate a generator that needs a lot of torque to start and maintain which mean a lot of friction.

So far mathematics prove that you cannot create more energy then what you input. Nothing is destroyed and nothing is created. Maybe we will push that boundary someday, but in all my engineering classes so far mathematically it is impossible. BTW, I studied electrical engineering.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Ah, you're right. It would be impossible to keep it spinning all the time without some type of energy to make it spin again.

Well, imagine a car made from this technology? It would be good because the fact that the car is moving will keep it building its own energy.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

That all depends on the magnets and the mode of use. The magnets themselves are not a power source.
For this thread, there is also no kinetic energy allowed in the device because it being is modulated by the camshaft affair at the top, and the residual mechanics at the bottom.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
I am not great at these things, but if you surrounded this drum with a copper coil, would it produce free electricity?

if built on a lager scale with adequate gearing the shaft going through the cylinder could drive an electrical turbine thus producing electricity yes.

This is decidedly old school;
Ever see one of those"old timey" bicycle lighting generators that rubbed against the tire to spin a small generator for the bicycle lights.
Nobody used them because once you flipped it against the tire, the effort to pedal became very tiring fast. they put a serious load on the bicyclist.
Can't get something for nothing even with "leverage"( i.e.gears) (you trade power for distance). Energy just converts to a different form WITH an inherent loss in all the conversions.

If your Magic magnet wheel creates one "tiny gnats fart" of inertia;you can create one tiny gnats fart of output MINUS the inherent( i.e. unavoidable) losses.

The end...
edit on 25-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by hellobruce

Ah, you're right. It would be impossible to keep it spinning all the time without some type of energy to make it spin again.

Well, imagine a car made from this technology? It would be good because the fact that the car is moving will keep it building its own energy.

Uhm...yeah... that's the old" couple a generator to the electric motor shaft idea and set it spinning.

doesn't work for many (obvious) reasons. (mostly already stated10,000 times before on ATS alone.)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bitsforbytes

It turns......But where is the load? These spinning devices spin and to spin they need little or no friction which is useless when you want to activate a generator that needs a lot of torque to start and maintain which mean a lot of friction.

So far mathematics prove that you cannot create more energy then what you input. Nothing is destroyed and nothing is created. Maybe we will push that boundary someday, but in all my engineering classes so far mathematically it is impossible. BTW, I studied electrical engineering.

" bits for bytes" is right"
We(I.E. You) (ATS) needs to divorce yourselves from "magical thinking".

Energy in closed systems is easily quantifiable and accounted for.

What's the energy in?
the slight tug of the permanent magnet. x x amount of individual magnet poles. it accumulates as inertia as the rpm increases but it never exceeds the collective sum of the individual tugs.
It can't so gearing it up is impossible no matter how large it is: It cannot become an "oscillation overthruster"! Dr. Lazardo....!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Something like this could change the world. Unfortunately, people who come up with stuff like this are either stifled or they end up dead. What kind of world do we live in when that's normal order of things on earth?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

wrong, it is not the inability to build it yourself that makes you that, it is the opinion that someone should have built it for you and provided it for you by NOW or it must not be doable, that is what makes you that

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by QContinuum

oh right and his post was oh so polite right? so your saying he can be a rude jackass and we should just interpret his message as you "think" he meant it, but anyone who responds to his rudeness with similiar rudeness doesnt deserve the same?

if you want to interpret his post to mean something less rude then the words contained within it then do the same for the responses to it.,

it IS offensive to see someone post in a thread regarding the basic beginings of a new mechanical device that it is CRAP because it hasnt been brought to total fruition yet,

responding offensivly to something that is offensive ought to be expected by any sane logical person, this would also explain the stars you seem to be against, as that shows how many people were eager to say the same or something similiar in response to his post.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Here is how I see it, the guy made the magnets spin freely, now make it larger and have some scientists (or outside of the box thinkers) figure out all the technical air resistance stuff and we can do it. People said that this couldn't be done yet you can see it. Now figure a new way to harness energy like from Iron Man or something. As long as we all keep at it and take footsteps I think someone can master this design and draw some type of current off a different model-perhaps the vacuum with springs on that latch?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

The patent was sold. I guess you don't get how the whole patent thing works.
I am not exactly blaming a party as much as a party's politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join