It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy Device (Perpetual Motion)! He did it simply! Arranging magnets like people said couldn'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

that much i get, it does seem pretty low on torque but as one user said scale it up it will have more mass=more momentum=more torque

also keep in mind rather than attaching a generator physically to the device, you could instead have the arm of the generator moved also by magnetism, so it would not inhibit the device's movement as much, this idea is already in use in many wind generators, they replace the inner mechanics of them with magnetic ones that don’t actually touch so that the parts never wear down

edit on 9/24/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
reply to post by winofiend

why you say no usable energy? how do you think a generator gets its energy? it converts kinetic energy into usable energy now what do you see this magnet machine doing? producing kinetic energy

think of the damn that powers so many homes, how does it do it? the water pushes through the damn and moves a water wheel providing kinetic energy..............

shush....they dont want us to know.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Originally posted by MeesterB
reply to post by VoidHawk

This machine requires gravity to work. Just look at the bits the arm pushes.
Maintaining a vacuum on earth would require more energy than this could ever produce.

Putting it in space won't help either because no gravity=no worky

Not if you just added a spring on both sides!

Wrong again. It takes energy to push the springs back. That's energy you can't use, and would probably stop the machine.

Originally posted by VoidHawk
[

Thats a rediculous reply.
Get a bottle and remove most of the air and put the lid back on. Zero energy required to keep the vacume.

And gravity is NOT required.

The air resistance is so minimal it really doesn't make much of a difference, and it does require gravity. Otherwise it wouldn't turn. The little arm would be useless and the cylinder would just stick where the magnetic attraction is the greatest.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

i wonder if any of you pro magnetic generator folks in this thread have yet to see this one

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

reply to post by winofiend

why you say no usable energy? how do you think a generator gets its energy? it converts kinetic energy into usable energy now what do you see this magnet machine doing? producing kinetic energy

think of the damn that powers so many homes, how does it do it? the water pushes through the damn and moves a water wheel providing kinetic energy..............

The arm is pulled down by gravity which gives the drum the little turn it needs for the magnets to do their thing. The arm then moves the top and bottom magnets away otherwise it would stick.

Damns turn gravitational energy into kinetic energy. Water runs from a high altitude to a low altitude and turns a turbine on the way down. The only reason we can get energy from this process is that the sun picks the water up and puts it back on high ground in processes called evaporation and condensation.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

You seem to be ignoring the FACT that this device IS turning under its own power.
Compare the first infernal combution engine with todays ferrari engine!!!
Imagine what will happen with this device in just a few MONTHS!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

A lot of different machines appear to exhibit perpetual motion.
en.wikipedia.org...
YOU seem to be ignoring the FACT of conservation of energy.

The combustion engine and your dreams differ on the simple grounds that science supports the combustion engine.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You are off base entirely, gravity isn't doing anhthing but holding the device to the table, the magnet on the top arm is pulling it back down to the magnets on the cylinder, it rises to reset the cycle by a cam that is easliy seen on the right side of the device, inside the support arms, but outside the cylinders.

If your attempting to debunk the device your doing a rather unimpressive job of it. Please try harder!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I beliee you are tryhing to say the cam is being pulled down by gravity, this is not the case, as seen in the first parts of the video where he has no top bar but is manually lifting the magnet to make it work. All he has done is a a roller cam to lift the bar, so no outside energy is needed, besides I don't. Feel like doing the math right now, but I will bet a lot that air resistance overides any gravity benefit gained from the cam being pulled down. Think about a swing set, and the answer will come to you.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I don't have to convince you.
Continue thinking that this guy suddenly rewrote everything we understand about the world.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I would think the magnets would demagnitize over time and those neodynium magnets are not cheap.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I'm saying that gravity pulls the arm down just enough at the beginning to get the magnet cycle going. I'm not saying that gravity moves the arm the whole time. Without the arm, he would have to give the drum a little push to get it going.

The arm being the curved bit attached to the axle that rotates with the cylinder.
edit on 9/25/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/25/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
I'm saying that gravity pulls the arm down just enough at the beginning to get the magnet cycle going. I'm not saying that gravity moves the arm the whole time. Without the arm, he would have to give the drum a little push to get it going.

And that is the reason he starts it with the cam at the top, so gravity can start it. If he left it running it would stop within the hour.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Nothing has been rewritten, it is a simple principle based off of magnetism.

I was simply pointing out the error of your thinking, in the hope that you would counter with a logical reason it can't work, so as to have a chance to rethink this myself, as it seems to work as advertised.

I don't see any problems here with the device, as it isn't over unity, it will simply spin until it expends the energy involved in making the materials and charging the magnets.

Which is the weakness here, as the magnets will run down do to magnetic coercivity.

Coercivity- magnets will lose their magnetism over time do to exposure to other magnetic fields.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Ah I see the little drop.
Time to do math instead of reasoning.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
now attach a generator to the side of it like a hydroelectric dam, get 20 of them spinning and you could store electricity, no?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Because it took a little kick to make it start in no way discredits the device. Big deal, if it only takes me giving it a slight shove and then it runs forever without stopping doesn't mean it isn't perpetual motion. All that is mecessary is that it remains in motion afterwards under nothing but its own power. As the slight gravity tug at the start was already returned the first revolutioj, either through wind resistance and or friction alone.

So all the power was the machines alone, after the first rotation.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
Big deal, if it only takes me giving it a slight shove and then it runs forever without stopping

It does not do that - what makes you think it does?

So all the power was the machines alone, after the first rotation.

No, if you had just the wheel without the magnets and other stuff it would spin longer

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
now attach a generator to the side of it like a hydroelectric dam, get 20 of them spinning and you could store electricity, no?

correct, the answer is no.

The generator would very quickly cause it to stop

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by samlf3rd

So when can I buy one pre build that will at least charge my iphone?????? It's NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

THEREFORE IT'S BULLSHEAT AS FAR AS i'M CONCERNED

this ladies and gentlemen is called the entitlement generation, they have no patience and think they "deserve" #,

"dont show me how to fish just give me a fish or # you"

"dont show me how to build it, build it for me and give it to me NOW or # you"

this is what happens after 200 years of government build up to a welfare dependant populace. coupled with the pansy ass parenting we have today, they are all too busy with the 9-5 job to bother instilling morals into their children

I don't feel I "DESERVE ANYTHIng" I'm just pointing out the simple fact that if anyone had anything even reasonably workable then they'd likely have a video showing it at least charging there iphone, and or selling plans or selling actual working models.

BUT NO ONE DOES???? Why not??

Plus I don't know how to build anything that technical. Even if it was simple to do there's no plans out there??? And or they don't really show step by step for someone who isn't an engineer how to build them nor what they're capable of doing once you do have them built.

Okay Mr Macgiver who can do everything. And ya if you want to use me as an example well GO FOR IT. You're also pointing the same finger at both yourself and likely 99.9 percent of people in this forum and in any town or city in North america. HELLO mr brilliant. Oh but you got it all figured out right. No one can ever teach you anything as you know everything there is in life obviously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join