It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Comet: C/2012 S1 (ISON)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Don't waste your time, wildespace. Some people just aren't worth the trouble.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Nice thread ..

I was here, for later ..

edit on 30-12-2012 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
SO, i am thinking that THIS is what the MYANS were talking about?
Its only 1 year off of the original doomsday 2012 prediction.
AND its supposed to be very close.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It's the second coming of course. Note the name, I Son!
We're all gonna die...again.

Or.... ISON.. Switched around = SION=ZION.......

Back to the bunkers!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Facebook Page with topical and current information on C/2012 S1 (ISON): facebook.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Circulator38

I can't acess facebook.. can you please bring here some of the last updates?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Some latest update ..

Animation ..

b09-backman.blogspot.it...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Thanks for the update MariaLida

I also came across some more info: Nick Howes of the Remanzacco Observatory Tweeted that ISON's nucleus has been estimated to be approximately 20 km across.

That's twice the size of an average comet nucleus, although some historic comets have been much larger. Even so, Halley's comet which has been estimated to be 15 × 8 × 8 km has put on spectacular shows during previous perihelions (of course various factors including size of nucleus play a part).

Size

Most cometary nuclei are thought to be no more than about 10 miles (16 kilometers) across.[2] The largest comets that have come inside the orbit of Saturn are Hale–Bopp (~60 km), 29P (~30.8 km), 109P/Swift–Tuttle (~26 km), and 28P/Neujmin (~21.4 km).

Source: wikipedia

I also found this animation from Nick Howes:

C_2012_S1_ISON_LT_24_Dec_2012

Animated gif from the raw dataset of Comet C/2012 S1 ISON Dec 22nd 2012. Liverpool Telescope La Palma - Principle Investigator Nick Howes. Imaged by Nick Howes and Ernesto Guido

Source: flickr

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Wow, 20 km nucleus? This comet is going to create one hell of a show! Now I'm pretty sure it will survive the perihelion intact.

Does anyone have a Stellarium or Starry Night simulation of it in the sky?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Comet C/2012 S1 ISON Facebook Page - facebook.com...

reply to post by FireballStorm

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Many UFOs near the comet ISON 15 - 16 January 2013  ©Pete Lawrence

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamsecret

Those are hot pixels. They do not form a point-spread function the way an actual point-like light source (be it a star, asteroid, satellite, spaceship or whatever) would. There is an asteroid in the image as well which was not labeled in your video, and it does form a point spread function as you can see in this cropped closeup:
i319.photobucket.com...
Based on some astrometry I ran on his image I identified it as asteroid 2002 TY164, which was the closest asteroid to the comet in the sky that evening (not physically close though - the asteroid was about 3 times closer to earth than the comet but was itself still farther from us than the sun).
edit on 20-1-2013 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Si s` est un asteroide dans votre definition, alors pourquoi la formation en triangle ce deplasse simultanement en syncronisation?
Ce n` est pas typique pour l` asteroides.
On voit que les pixels autours sont different des objects.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamsecret

In English, please? There is an asteroid in the image, but it's not one of the hot pixels you labeled (the movement of which is due to the telescope's tracking error over time - Pete Lawrence himself can confirm this). The asteroid shows a point spread function, the hot pixels do not.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
comet=trumpet I think it's a sign

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Just remembering the unpredictability of comet after the aproach to the sun... (lovejoy 16DEC2011)

And I'm worried about the silence around ISON size...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Look at the vid above. On December 26, 2013, the closest pass of Comet ISON from Earth seem to be less than 0.2 AUs away, and that contradicts what Wikipedia stated here, on this page:en.wikipedia.org...

"On closest approach, the comet will pass about 0.072 AU (10,800,000 km; 6,700,000 mi) from Mars on 1 October 2013, and it will pass about 0.42 AU (63,000,000 km; 39,000,000 mi) from Earth on 26 December 2013."

Watching the video above, you can say on 26 Dec 2013, Comet ISON is so far away from even half the distance between Earth and the Sun, so how can it be 0.42 AUs or close to half the distance from Earth to the Sun?

edit on 5-3-2013 by Menedes567 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Menedes567

Comet ISON is so far away from even half the distance between Earth and the Sun, so how can it be 0.42 AUs or close to half the distance from Earth to the Sun?
Space has three dimensions. ISON will be above the ecliptic on December 26th. Try playing with the slider on the right side of the applet.

edit on 3/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by wildespace

Neither 11/9 nor I "Son" is just a comet, not with the events since last September, the Rosh Hashanah, the lineups of Virgin/Virgo, giving birth to the planets, the Venus Transit, the events in Aurora Colorado, blackjack 21, and now, this new comet, I "SON".

This entire process is about NWO, the new age of aquarius and their new religion/sungod. And they always close down the old.

They don't like taking the blame for murder and always rewrite history, sometimes cosmic events help them out.

I guess this time, its not going to be a big cosmic event, or they wouldn't have done BP, FUKUSHIMA, all the GMO, and all the terrible murders that Murder Incorporated do all the time.

So this isn't just a comet, unless you can't stand putting on your thinking cap. And noticing all the things going on and researching the Egyptian Gnostic Religion they seem to follow. And that astrology as well.

Could you imagine living in a realm where a University Science Lab actually studies whether our sun could have come from the Cancer Constellation that the myths of old say. This wouldn't have happened unless some really powerful people believed those myths.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Let's condense all this ;

"A thought too far"

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So an unusual Meteor Shower may be in store for earth?

Linky

A small but incredibly bright comet heading toward the sun could do more than dazzle Earth’s skies when it arrives later this year. Scientists say Comet ISON, already shedding dust at the prodigious rate of about 112,000 pounds per minute, could spark an unusual meteor shower.

The comet will be closest to earths orbit and cross our orbital plane from above on or around November 2nd this year and earth will be near that same position on or about January 12, 2014.

Computer simulations predicting the location and movement of the comet’s dust trail show Earth will be passing through the fine-grained stream around Jan. 12, 2014.

“As the comet passes Earth’s orbit going into the sun, you’ll have particles trailing behind it. But since it’s passing so close to the sun, you’re also going to have particles pushed away by the pressure of the sunlight. That means we’ll have particles coming outward and also falling inward.

We don’t often deal with particles that come both directions,” said Bill Cooke, lead scientist at NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala. The particles are so small that even though they will hit the atmosphere at about 125,000 mph, instead of burning up, triggering so-called “shooting stars,” they will be stopped entirely, predicts astronomer Paul Wiegert, with the University of Western Ontario in Canada.

New comet, new meteor showers, 1st pass, interesting times ahead.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join