It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dead Ambassador In The Street Is NOT Just "A Bump In The Road"!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
On an episode of CBS' 60 Minutes last night (recorded on Sept.12) OUR president, Barack Obama, suggested that recent events in the middle east (including the tragedy in Libya just hours before the interview, where our consulate was attacked and burned, our people and our ambassador was murdered) "bumps in the road"!!!

In the past, Obama has used the same "bumps in the road" analogy to trivialize and dismiss the problem of massive U.S. unemployment,

Source:
www.washingtonpost.com...

...and earlier in 2010, Obama called the arrest of 11 suspected Russian spies "a bump in the road".

Source:
www.foxnews.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obviously, "bump in the road" has become Barack Obama's 'go to' dismissal phrase, used to downplay any domestic or foreign policy shortcoming, blunder, or failure that happens under his watch.

WHERE is the outrage from the mainstream media? How dare OUR president trivialize such a heinous act?

PLEASE...forget the election for a moment...forget whether you're liberal or conservative, republican or democrat, If you're an American...you should be outraged at this insulting statement from a sitting president...regardless of his political party.
Obama's statement is an outrage!
A murdered American ambassador and fellow dead citizens in the street...are NOT just "bumps in the road"!

edit on 24-9-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
but but but we killed a bazillion of them blah blah blahs.....just getting that out before someone else mentions it.

No, it isn't a bump in the road, it should be a realization that we shouldn't even be there.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If the last guy lost an ambassador under his term they would be screaming bloody murder,

And YES it is not "just a bump" in the road how anyone could be so callous is maddening,
edit on 24-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
On an episode of CBS' 60 Minutes last night (recorded on Sept.12) OUR president, Barack Obama, suggested that recent events in the middle east (including the tragedy in Libya just hours before the interview, where our consulate was attacked and burned, our people killed...and our ambassador was kidnapped, tortured, murdered...his corpse molested, defiled...and dragged through the streets naked) "bumps in the road"!!!

In the past, Obama has used the same "bumps in the road" analogy to trivialize and dismiss the problem of massive U.S. unemployment,

Source:
www.washingtonpost.com...

...and earlier in 2010, Obama called the arrest of 11 suspected Russian spies "a bump in the road".

Source:
www.foxnews.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obviously, "bump in the road" has become Barack Obama's 'go to' dismissal phrase, used to downplay any domestic or foreign policy shortcoming, blunder, or failure that happens under his watch.

WHERE is the outrage from the mainstream media? How dare OUR president trivialize such a heinous act?

PLEASE...forget the election for a moment...forget whether you're liberal or conservative, republican or democrat, If you're an American...you should be outraged at this insulting statement from a sitting president...regardless of his political party.
Obama's statement is an outrage!
Dead, naked...and molested American ambassador and citizens in the street...are NOT just "bumps in the road"!

WOW - From what I can understand he was NOT dragged through the streets upon his death as a form of torture. It was as follows:

times247.com...

The picture appears to show the civilians dragging Stevens through the streets in search of help, after the attack which ultimately killed him as well as three other staff, including information management officer Sean Smith. Read more: times247.com...

They were dragging him around trying to support and help him.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Lold hard at thread title. I don't think prez intended the comment to be so insensitive. I would gaffe all over myself if I had to regularly speak in public.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTO accompanies article.
www.algemeiner.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Lold hard at thread title. I don't think prez intended the comment to be so insensitive. I would gaffe all over myself if I had to regularly speak in public.

It was beyond insensitive.
You know as well as I, if his opponent had made the same 'gaffe'...the media would've crucified him in the press (as they should).

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Dead, naked...and molested American ambassador and citizens in the street...are NOT just "bumps in the road"!

Brazenly, and blatantly, untrue. There is not a shred of evidence to suggest that there was anything untoward done to his corpse. What happened to him was terrible, why do people feel the need to distort the truth and lie to justify their outrage? What happened to him was injustice enough without lying and making the situation worse than it is.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I watched CNN 3 nights ago explaining the video and pictures, they had one or two of the individuals present that were attempting to help the Ambassador they said he was barely alive and had a pulse and they explained the pictures, there was disinformation spread that the photos were ones that stormed the consulate that were dragging him through the streets, these were actually the Libyans that attempted to rescue him and rushing him to the hospital, they reported that they attempted to revive him because he had inhaled smoke, when I first saw the reports that they dragged him through the streets it was easy to interpret those pictures as something happening along those lines.
edit on 24-9-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
I watched CNN 3 nights ago explaining the video and pictures, they had one or two of the individuals present that were attempting to help the Ambassador they said he was barely alive and had a pulse and they explained the pictures, there was disinformation spread that the photos were ones that stormed the consulate that were dragging him through the streets, these were actually the Libyans that attempted to rescue him and rushing him to the hospital, they reported that they attempted to revive him because he had inhaled smoke, when I first saw the reports that they dragged him through the streets it was easy to interpret those pictures as something happening along those lines.
edit on 24-9-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

Fair enough; since the full autopsy is not public and there are differing stories as to whether or not he was raped and tortured before he died, I will edit that out of my original post. However heinous, those specific and unconfirmed details may be, they are ancillary to the central point of the thread.
These deaths should not be trivialized for the sake of political cover...ESPECIALLY, from our president.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I guess the following is just a bump in the road as well...

Eight of ten harrier AV-8B attack aircraft destroyed by Afghanistan Taliban.

8 of 10 harrier aircraft destroyed - msm silent

BHO is inexperienced, incompetent, and protected by the MSM ...and it shows day after day.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NosmoKing

OMG. That was an amazing article. I hadn't realized that 70% of U.S. casualties in Afghanistan were under Obama's foreign policy. The fact that the recent attack in Afghanistan destroyed 7% of the U.S. USMC's harrier fleet is shameful, as well.

new topics

top topics

join