Two possible SARS virus cases spark fears of wider outbreak

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Two possible SARS virus cases spark fears of wider outbreak


www.news.com.au

THE World Health Organisation says it is too soon to say whether there could be an outbreak of a SARS-like killer respiratory disease after health officials in Britain announced they detected a related virus in a severely ill patient from the Middle East.
British officials alerted WHO on Saturday of the new virus in a man transferred from Qatar for treatment in London. He had recently travelled to Saudi Arabia, where another man died of a similar illness earlier this year.



Read more: www.news.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Is this the start of another SARS- like outbreak? WHO suggest it is too early to tell or make that call, yet 2 infected people who appear to have both originated from the middle east are confirmed.


SARS-like? What does this mean? A virus that is like SARS. Could it be airborne? Could it be highly contageous? Could it be manufactured biological strain that has been released in the middle east?

What is the mortality rate?

Ok so it is too early to tell, but in the next week we should start to see if anyone else is carrying the virus. Lets hope that it does not spread.
.


www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
SARS is basically glorified pneumonia.
Any respiratory virus could technically be said to be "SARS-like".

I wouldn't start gettin' my panties in a wad and crappin' Skittles until people start dropping like flies all over the globe.



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
its a coronavirus...from the same family....but its not sars...also sars was very contagious

and its two arabs from the khalig states,,,the rich ones,,,



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
its a coronavirus...from the same family....but its not sars...also sars was very contagious

and its two arabs from the khalig states,,,the rich ones,,,


Yes, SARS is a coronavirus, but so is the common cold.

Interesting that this is said to be originating in the Middle East, though.



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
False Flag Mercenary, Military, Israel, USA
Black Water, Xe, Mossad, Cheney, Koch!

Well maybe....
Who else has access to SARS?



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
When you need to pay attention is when they issue travel alerts.
None have happened so far.


23 SEPTEMBER 2012 - On 22 September 2012, the United Kingdom (UK) informed WHO of a case of acute respiratory syndrome with renal failure with travel history to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and Qatar. The case is a previously healthy, 49 year old male Qatari national that presented with symptoms on 3 September 2012 with travel history to the KSA prior to onset of illness. On 7 September he was admitted to an intensive care unit (ICU) in Doha, Qatar. On 11 September, he was transferred to the UK by air ambulance from Qatar. The Health Protection Agency of the UK (HPA) conducted laboratory testing and has confirmed the presence of a novel coronavirus . The HPA has compared the sequencing of the virus isolate from the 49 year old Qatari national with that of a virus sequenced previously by the Erasmus University Medical Centre, Netherlands. This latter isolate was obtained from lung tissue of a fatal case earlier this year in a 60 year-old Saudi national. This comparison indicated 99.5% identity, with one nucleotide mismatch over the regions compared. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which includes viruses that cause the common cold and SARS. Given that this is a novel coronavirus, WHO is currently in the process of obtaining further information to determine the public health implications of these two confirmed cases. With respect to these findings, WHO does not recommend any travel restrictions.


www.who.int...



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl
 





Interesting that this is said to be originating in the Middle East, though.


This is my thought too, What could this mean?



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hope this don't spread



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
Hope this don't spread


Your best bet is to avoid sneezing people and wear a mask.



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

THE World Health Organisation says it is too soon to say whether there could be an outbreak of a SARS-like killer respiratory disease after health officials in Britain announced they detected a related virus in a severely ill patient from the Middle East.

British officials alerted WHO on Saturday of the new virus in a man transferred from Qatar for treatment in London. He had recently travelled to Saudi Arabia, where another man died of a similar illness earlier this year.


Wait a sec....TWO cases, one of them earlier this YEAR and they're not even sure it was the same illness.

And this constitutes an "outbreak"?????



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by stupid girl
 





Interesting that this is said to be originating in the Middle East, though.


This is my thought too, What could this mean?


My honest opinion?
It's a friggin' miracle they kept it from being released until just now.



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Wait a sec....TWO cases, one of them earlier this YEAR and they're not even sure it was the same illness.

And this constitutes an "outbreak"?????


I guess that would depend on what you consider an outbreak.

Let's say you get a big 'ol zit on your chin. Then the next day, right beside the first festering abomination, you find another one.

Would you anticipate that you were having an outbreak?
Or just two gnarly zits that happened to be adjacent to each other?



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by schuyler

Wait a sec....TWO cases, one of them earlier this YEAR and they're not even sure it was the same illness.

And this constitutes an "outbreak"?????


I guess that would depend on what you consider an outbreak.

Let's say you get a big 'ol zit on your chin. Then the next day, right beside the first festering abomination, you find another one.

Would you anticipate that you were having an outbreak?
Or just two gnarly zits that happened to be adjacent to each other?


I don't buy this analogy. It does not speak to the issue. We have before us two incidents with two completely different individuals who are from the same general area of the world, which covers, in their case, several million square miles. One just got sick recently and was flown to London for treatment. The other happened sometime earlier this YEAR and it might have been the same illness, or maybe not since no one really knows. They just kind of remember someone else got sick earlier this year. No one has found a relationship between these two people. It's all kind of vague.

It's like someone got the flu in South America, then someone remembers that someone else somewhere in South America, had flu-like symptoms a year ago, or maybe it was just a cold. Nobody knows. So we can now term this an "outbreak."

It's not the same person, not the same chin, and may not even be the same disease.



posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler
 


Yeah, but my zit analogy was still awesome.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
SARS is basically glorified pneumonia.
Any respiratory virus could technically be said to be "SARS-like".

I wouldn't start gettin' my panties in a wad and crappin' Skittles until people start dropping like flies all over the globe.



My wife has a patient at the nursing home she works in that has SARS.





new topics
top topics
 
3

log in

join