It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Maps uses detailed closeups on restricted areas?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallintheegg

I did your first GPS coordinates ---> Nellis Airforce base bombing range ---> nothing blurred but nothing to see either...but I don't have or don't know how to turn the satellite imaging on

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

See that little flippy thing like the page is folded over at the bottom of your screen,swipe that over and turn satellite on, I have it on Hybrid on mine!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wow I hope we see more images where google left them blurred out... So how can it be that apple has not blocked sensitive places?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

On Goggle Earth, if you use the Timeline function the whole Test Range is blacked out for a few years.. then its not now. Just wondering if they'd have any differences. There's weird orb looking things all around both areas if you look around enough.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If you want to check out some secret places watch this video and tell me if they were blocked by Apple?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Tap power button and homescreen at same time.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

I completely over looked the folded page at the bottom right...awesome, thanks!! As an update to my two previous posts...with satellite on, neither area is blurred or blacked out.

reply to post by Domo1

Thanks, I got it working from WhoDat's directions.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

neither area is blurred our blacked out.

Wow I'm jealous I don't have an Iphone 5 or apple .. Now you guys can check all the mysterious places that were once sealed from the public.. have fun!

Oh and please save those images they could be very worth-full.. This message will self destruct within 5 seconds.
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I started checking out some of the spots in the video you linked...what I did check didn't appear blurred either.

edit on 24-9-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

So this means that its working and all the blurred Google images seems to appear normal on Apple?

I wonder how long this opportunity lasts...

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Please put some screens here if you can, from the video link I've placed earlier.. Thanks for confirming this!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

It appears that way...well unless Apple was able to disguise these areas in a different way than Google had previously.

I'd love to be able to add screenshots but I did the searches on my phone and I'm not sure how I would go about getting screenshots off my phone?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

If you have a computer you can hook it up to your computer with the wire, then just drag and drop the pics to you computer, I have iCloud set up so that all the pics I take are automatically on my computer. Don't think there is a way to get hem from your phone to ATS, another way. Well yo could uplaod your pics to photobucket or a place like that then link them here.

My iPad went dead
I was looking at places and taking pictures tho I'm not really sure what I was looking at or taking pictures of!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Sorry my bad, I know how to get pics from my phone to my computer but how would I actually take a screen shot of the map is where I'm lost.lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join