It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC still plays dumb on what causes Fibromyalgia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Yes, that's how it was with me. One day, everything was fine. Then the next day, I woke up and felt so horrifically awful, like somebody had beat me all over with a 2X4, even on the bottoms of my feet. My skin hurt all over, my fingers were swollen and numb, and my brain just sort of stopped working.

I felt sure that I was dying, because nobody could feel that badly and NOT be dying. I thought I may have a bad flu, but after a few weeks, I had to see a doctor.

And then, as they say, the rest is history. You're cruising along, living life, full of energy, and then you literally hit a brick wall, and it's all over. I was accused of being lazy, of being a malingerer, then finally kicked aside and left alone to deal with two small children, in a house in the middle of nowhere.

I spent a great deal of my children's childhood in bed, or on the couch. They were cheated out of a mother, so there was more than one victim with this disease. My kids are understanding, of course, but I look with intense regret at the past, wondering what would have been, had I not been blindsided by a primitive little organism, made deadly and powerful.

I am also terribly concerned, as I feel that both my daughters are carrying this bug, and my younger daughter seems to have problems with her intestinal system.

It IS communicable. That is the thing they don't want anybody to know. If a person is lucky, they will not succumb. If they're not....the whole awful story repeats itself, and destroys another life.

I don't believe there will ever be justice for us, not until long after we are dead and gone.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I would love to see proof of your claims that lyme disease was infact.made by a nazi scientist that was brought over here during paper clip...i live in connecticut so this virus/ disease always hits home

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamtraveler420

I got that information from the following book: "Lab 257: The disturbing story of the government's secret germ laboratory", by Michael Christopher Carroll. Published by HarperCollins, 2004.

This book is very informative, done with a reporter's sense of just reporting what he discovered, and has no particular bias, except the author's horror at finding out how unsafe Plum Island really was.

I recommend that you get this book, because it details the entire sordid story of Plum Island. It connects the outbreaks of West Nile Virus, and Lyme Disease with this facility.

The first director of that facility was Dr. Erich Traub, one of the 2000 scientists brought over from Nazi Germany who had dark pasts, but were snapped up by American interests at the end of World War II. It would take me forever to type out all the insanity this book details (some of it truly shocking...after you read it, you will not be surprised as to why these diseases escaped and are still infecting and descimating our population), but:

"As lab chief of Insel Riems - a secret Nazi biological warfare laboratory on a crescent-shaped island nestled in the Baltic Sea - Traub worked directly for Adolph Hitler's second-in-charge, SS Reichsfuhrer Heinrich Himmler, on live germ trials. He packaged weaponized foot-and-mouth disease virus, which was disbursed from a Luftwaffe bomber onto cattle and reindeer on occupied Russia."
Quote from the book cited above.

I think Plum Island became too old, too decrepit, and too infested for them to fix it, so they razed the buildings and put the place up for sale....as if anybody crazy enough was out there to buy it. The woods on that island are infected with ticks carrying Lyme disease, and there were too many incidences of outbreaks on that island, in which livestock were infected and had to be destoyed, and also people who worked in that lab also were victims of lab accidents (there were a few deaths).

Anyway, a fascinating, but frightening read, and it details all about how those deer regularly swam the mile long waterway between Plum Island and Lyme, CT....and brought those infested ticks with them.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by clearmind

I do still take Samento, as it does help me, but getting up to a theraputic dose is a rough ride. Some days I'm raring to go, other days, especially as I up the dose, I am herxing badly and so I don't do much.

If you don't mind my asking, how much usually equates to a therapeutic dose for you?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SmilingSeeker

The standard theraputic dose for liquid Samento is 20 drops in the morning and 20 drops at night.

First of all, it really makes me feel wired, so there is no way I could take 20 drops before bedtime and go to sleep. All my family members who have tried it say the same thing, it wires them up.

I take it all the in morning, but I have to start slowly. I can't stay on it all year long either. Like any antimicrobial, it is important to take some off time.

The most I've ever taken was 18 drops in a day, and it took me months to build up a tolerance. Each time I up my dose, I do it by half a drop (done by dropping 1 drop in water and then splitting it in half).

I stopped over the summertime, but I started up again at the beginning of September. I'm only at 4 drops now, so that tells you how much herxing I do, and how slowly I have to build up to it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Also a FM/CFS sufferer....it was officially diagnosed as CFS since I didn't have the tender spots as much.

I do have widespread pain, terrible fatigue that can litterally take me down to the ground sometimes.

This all started when I started serving in the Army, not right away but a few years later, I had Anthrax shots, Smallpox shots and the swine flu spray.

Right now i'm looking at a med board which basically is a medical discharge procedure.

OH I also have terrible fibro fog as well.

Right now it's in remission except for the fatigue....makes it hard to work out like i'm supposed to in the Army.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Did you have a traumatic incident (such as an injury, or psychological trauma like the death of a loved one, a divorce, etc) right before you came down with it? Because it can hide in your body until you go through some terrible stress, and then it comes on with a vengeance.

For me, I got sick right after my older daughter's father was murdered when she was 14, and she completely fell apart. The whole thing was so sad and upsetting, within a few weeks, I got really sick.

Not everybody has a traumatic incident beforehand, but a great many people report that they do, and that's when it hits them.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Interesting that a government agency is uncooperative with pharmaceutical company A, while being a lap dog for pharmaceutical company B. Not to point fingers or anything, but there are a lot of garbage meds that get approval for non-illnesses and end up getting yanked 3 years later because it turns out that they kill people.

As a government entity, I would also assume that the CDC has been fully compromised by corruption the same as every other government office. At least at the upper administrative levels.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

You're right, Awake. Here's what's weird about the drug Ampligen. It actually has a very long history, and was first developed back in the 1970s. They had good results, but still the FDA refused to approve it. It is supposed to be an immune system modulator, and many people had excellent results from it (but not everybody, just a sizeable portion).

History of the drug up to 1994:

www.cfs-news.org...

The original company, HEM Pharmaceuticals, paid out $30 million for the patent and the exclusive rights. That company is now Hemispherx Biopharma, the very same company that was in the Yahoo news clip.

Enough people got a positive result from taking the drug, that when the drug trials were stopped, people sued to keep getting the drug under the FDA's "compassionate use" rule, which allows unapproved drugs to be used in cases where there is no hope.

What usually happens is, big pharma turns in a few doctored studies, and the FDA allows them to throw out the least favorable one, and often the drug is approved, and the people are the guinea pigs. However, this one has been around for 40 years, and I would imagine all the studies on it through the years should suffice, but the FDA said no, which is odd.

I'm thinking they don't want a real cure (or close to it). One has to ask, WHY NOT??

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Double post!
edit on 25-9-2012 by FissionSurplus because: Whoops!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

reply to post by AwakeinNM

You're right, Awake. Here's what's weird about the drug Ampligen. It actually has a very long history, and was first developed back in the 1970s. They had good results, but still the FDA refused to approve it. It is supposed to be an immune system modulator, and many people had excellent results from it (but not everybody, just a sizeable portion).

History of the drug up to 1994:

www.cfs-news.org...

The original company, HEM Pharmaceuticals, paid out $30 million for the patent and the exclusive rights. That company is now Hemispherx Biopharma, the very same company that was in the Yahoo news clip.

Enough people got a positive result from taking the drug, that when the drug trials were stopped, people sued to keep getting the drug under the FDA's "compassionate use" rule, which allows unapproved drugs to be used in cases where there is no hope.

What usually happens is, big pharma turns in a few doctored studies, and the FDA allows them to throw out the least favorable one, and often the drug is approved, and the people are the guinea pigs. However, this one has been around for 40 years, and I would imagine all the studies on it through the years should suffice, but the FDA said no, which is odd.

I'm thinking they don't want a real cure (or close to it). One has to ask, WHY NOT??

Treatment = Profits. Cures = No more repeat customers = no profits

It's really that simple.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
My third wife has had fibromyalgia for longer than I have known her. She was in pretty good shape and getting her diet under control, taking long walks etc when she got hit recently by another bout of fibromyalgia. This one is the worst she has ever had. She literally has pain in every part of her body so bad she almost cannot walk around her own apartment now. And like so many have said on this thread, the doctors are either at a loss as to what to do or won't even try. She has been told more than once that it is in her head. Her reply was "yes, in my head and just about all the rest of my body". The rest of what she said to those doctors would get me a manners and decorum deletion of this post if I were to quote it verbatim.

I still live in Georgia and she had to move back to Illinois but I will give her the link to this thread. I think she will get a lot of good information from it.

BTW - I know what chronic fatigue syndrome feels like. I had a bout of it in the mid 80s that ended up costing me a lot of income from my business and a few lost customers as well when I couldn't make myself get up off the couch. Fortunately I finally got past it after about 6 months. I received a treatment for something else and I think that is what helped me finally defeat it. Unfortunately I cannot remember what the treatment was.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
justto add:

there is some suggested correlations between Multiple Sclerosis and Mycoplasmas.

MS is also a scarification of the brain. leesions form on nervous tissues

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

I found this bit most disturbing in your second link you so kindly provided.
"People with fibromyalgia react strongly (abnormal pain perception processing) to things that other people would not find painful."

Here's the flip side to that statement ( a very true one). While we react with pain to things that others don't find painful, we develop an astronomical pain tolerance due to the sheer fact that so much hurts and we have to keep going on.

We experience pains on a daily basis that would drive others to their knees, incapacitated. We can't do that, we have to go on. I burn myself daily at work, and have seen others do so too and fall apart. Most of the time others don't even realize I have burned myself, since I can shrug off most pains now. Yes, it hurts, but so much does that I just move on.

People shouldn't have to live this way. They just shouldn't. Add to that the knowledge that it can be passed down in families. My mom had it, I have it, and my daughter shows signs of it. It isn't right, especially if it turns out to be man-made.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Saving my spot for later.
Thank you for posting this, my Mother has been dealing with FM for about 15 years.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Dioxins cause early degeneration of the nervous system and is one of the causes of "Fibromyalgia".

One of the other causes....after WWII all those chemical weapons dumped at sea...they expected the iron shell casings would last 50 years under the sea until they rusted through and the chemical weapons leached into the ocean and the food we eat from the ocean. That's one of the causes as well.

America's big chemical weapon boom...their movement....and their eventual destruction by burning or burying them....is another cause for "Fibromyalgia".

Getting blasted with too much Radio Frequency radiation....another cause.

All the pollution/dioxins...another cause. All of America's water resources are contaminated.

Washington DC's public water became contaminated with LEAD after they started using lots of chlorine to kill the poo poo bacteria and the chlorine ate the old hundred+ year old lead pipes and solder in the system. That's another cause for "Fibromyalgia".

Humanity's future is in question because we've destroyed our DNA. Humpty Dumpty won't be able to be put back together again.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Our very lives are under attack. Anybody who knows somebody with CFS or Fibromyalgia can testify that it is as close you can get to being a zombie without dying first....Only, zombies have energy. Those of us who suffer from it do not.

I hear you! I have Sjogrens which is also classified as a 'syndrome' when in fact is is a serious systemic and progressive disease. It's in the fibro, MS, Lupus family of diseases.

When I first went into major flare, I told my (former) best friend it was like being half alive. She and her husband said I was just making more of it then it was. I stopped talking to them and haven't spoken in 2 1/2 years. I barely had the energy to go from the bed to the next room .. and even getting energy to make my lungs work was difficult.

I went through 12 doctors trying to find a correct DX and all the while the idiots were giving me the wrong DX's and wrong drugs that were having a horrid effect on my body. And most of the doctors were saying it was all in my head. (something your article talks about .. a 'syndrome' being all mental issue). I finally found two doctors and an intern who knew what the heck they were doing and who got me properly DX'd. I still don't feel alive but at least I now have the correct meds to make it possible to breath and get out of bed. I can actually go grocery shopping most days now. I'll never be cured and I always feel like death, but at least I can do those things.

Anyways .. I hear you about the 'feeling like a zombie' thing. I totally hear you ...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
People shouldn't have to live this way. They just shouldn't.

I'm right there with you on this. I'm still ticked at God over all this. It's really screwed up my belief system in a loving 'father god' who will help His children when they ask. I used to be all 'hallalujah' and I used to tell people 'everything happens for a reason'. Now I regret telling people that and there are no more 'hallalujahs' left in me. I simply feel too crummy to be able to do that.

Add to that the knowledge that it can be passed down in families.

I'm the only one in my family to have anything like this. It was a total shock to us all.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamtraveler420

To put the Lyme Disease and Plum Island connection into perspective:

Coincidental huh?

Risk map image for Lyme Disease: Here

edit on 26-9-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Did you guys notice a low blood pressure, I always run a low blood pressure low heart rate, and low body temperature, along with heart palpitations.

I've got that now. It's not supposed to be a sjogrens symptom .. but I got it with the sjogrens.

There is a lot of crossover with autoimmune diseases and symptoms. My Sjogrens manifests like MS. I had MS testing and they didnt' see any lesions but the polyneuropathy all through my body is MS-ish. And if I eat any glutton my systems go throught he roof .. even though I (supposedly) don't have celiac.

And autoimmunes travel in clusters. It's so freak'n strange ...

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Anyone I've ever known who claims to have this "disease" has been completely, totally, absolutely nuts. Just crazy. Often they have numerous other health issues, especially depression. IMO, it's psychological.

Rockpuck .. usually I agree with you on things ... but this time you are dead wrong.

- Autoimmune diseases are REAL diseases.

- Depression sets in when you get the disease .. the depression doesn't cause the disease. You've got it backwards. And considering how awful we feel .. all the stink'n time .. then depression is to be expected.

- Autoimmune diseases are systemic .. meaning they effect the entire body .. meaning the person will have numerous other health issues because the autoimmune diseases actually kick off those other things.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join