It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney slams Obama for calling Mideast events ‘bump in the road’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Romney slams Obama for calling Mideast events ‘bump in the road’

President Obama referred to all the recent Middle East turmoil as just "bumps in the road" !!!!
He made the statement on the 60 Minutes TV show.

I wonder what it takes to have Obama think something is actually serious ?

Romney seems to have a more genuine concern.

A lot of voters will see Obama's complacency as weak.

Mitt Romney launched an aggressive new attack on President Obama's comments Sunday in an interview with "60 Minutes," during which Obama described recent events in the Middle East as "bumps in the road."

"These are not bumps in the road, these are human lives," Romney told a crowd in Pueblo, Colo. "These are developments we don't want to see."

Romney's comments at a rally on an airplane tarmac echoed similar remarks he made in a pair of television interviews conducted shortly before he spoke.

In an interview with ABC News, Romney called the president's remarks "quite revealing."....

Is Obama Really this arrogant ?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Of course he is ignorant, but no more so than Romney. They are both politicians (sorry for the bad language) and they will say and do anything to get the vote. The whole mess of them are disgusting examples of human beings.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
A bump in the road compared to the cliff we're about to fall off.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
what an opportunist..... i got to say he makes me laugh..in fact this election is by far the funniest so far

peace and on with the show

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Compared to the history in that part it would be some what less than a bump in the road.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I know he's used to throwing people under the bus when he has no more use for them, but what's his obsession with roads?

I guess Chris Stevens was a Bump in the road too.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't even know what to think, you can't make this stuff up.

Carney just got grilled on why Obama hasn't made a single one-on-one with any of the world leaders here for the U.N., but has the time to go tape "The View". I think dust came out of his mouth. This guy raises his campaign above everything.

There's a big difference between apologizing and showing respect.

When the leaders of foreign nations come to your country...

Answer the Door!

I've always been suspicious of his intent.

ETA: Sorry if this seems off topic... It's not.

edit on 24-9-2012 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Have recent events in the Middle East given you any pause about your support for the governments that have come to power following the Arab Spring?

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

The question was about his comitment to the Arab Spring...not the death of the Ambassador...

And when The Hill...which leans conservative...starts to call Romney on his BS...you know it is BS.

Obama made the comments during a larger discussion of whether recent events had given him any pause in his support for governments that had arisen following the Arab Spring.

"I think it was absolutely the right thing for us to do to align ourselves with democracy, universal rights, a notion that people have to be able to participate in their own governance," Obama said. "But I was pretty certain and continue to be pretty certain that there are going to be bumps in the road because, you know, in a lot of these places, the one organizing principle has been Islam."

Romney was asked by NBC News whether he "genuinely" believed that in those comments, Obama intended to express that he was not deeply saddened by the deaths of four American foreign service officers.

thehill.com...

To Romney...every American death is a political opportunity. He is sociapathic...a man to whom "morals" are paintings on walls and "scrupels" is money in Russia.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Have recent events in the Middle East given you any pause about your support for the governments that have come to power following the Arab Spring?

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

The question was about his comitment to the Arab Spring...not the death of the Ambassador...

And when The Hill...which leans conservative...starts to call Romney on his BS...you know it is BS.

Obama made the comments during a larger discussion of whether recent events had given him any pause in his support for governments that had arisen following the Arab Spring.

"I think it was absolutely the right thing for us to do to align ourselves with democracy, universal rights, a notion that people have to be able to participate in their own governance," Obama said. "But I was pretty certain and continue to be pretty certain that there are going to be bumps in the road because, you know, in a lot of these places, the one organizing principle has been Islam."

Romney was asked by NBC News whether he "genuinely" believed that in those comments, Obama intended to express that he was not deeply saddened by the deaths of four American foreign service officers.

thehill.com...

To Romney...every American death is a political opportunity. He is sociapathic...a man to whom "morals" are paintings on walls and "scrupels" is money in Russia.

Yes, and there are "bumps in the road" to that progress. He clearly was calling the embassy attack a bump in the road. I think it was a political move to call him on it, and opportunistic of Romney. All in all it's tame compared to the things Obama has said and done.

top topics

join