It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In New York,defiant Ahmadeninejad says, Israel will be eliminated

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Reported thread for misinformation and / or propaganda.

Seriously, how does this kind of garbage NOT get noticed by the mods and admins?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

Pray which people take back their country??

On Friday The Lede noted that Iranian bloggers were excited by video evidence that opposition supporters who attended the Friday Prayer service in Tehran had responded to calls to chant “Death to America!” by chanting “Death to Russia!” instead.

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

BEIRUT — A top aide to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who had voiced a moderate stance toward Israel came under heavy pressure to resign Sunday as government-controlled news outlets issued conflicting reports about whether he had already left his post.

articles.latimes.com...

Can't wait to see how that gets spun in this thread.
edit on 25-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by neo96

TEHRAN—Iran's elite military unit, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, has transferred lethal new munitions to its allies in Iraq and Afghanistan in recent months, according to senior U.S. officials, in a bid to accelerate the U.S. withdrawals from these countries.

As opposed to the non lethal munitions being used prior to these arriving

There are other few spots where they add words to make it more sinister. Like rockets and what not to KILL american troops... because those are just special rockets that can ONLY kill american troops not any other opposition/rivals.

Both israel and iran talk a lot of crap. israel has nukes and wouldn't hesitate to use them on iran. iran would do the same, why not just let them have it out since they are so eager to eradicate each other.

Because the last time I checked Israel and Iran were still on the same planet that I am on.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Heh, a little off topic but it reminded me of the pro-regime rallies that the Iran government forces citizens to go to. University students are forced to attend or they are kicked out of their program, government workers it is mandatory and poor people are promised food.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I haven't read through all the posts on this thread, to see if this has been referenced yet, but in a during an interview with Piers Morgan on Monday on CNN Ahmadinejad addressed the issue of "wiped off the map." **What's interesting to me is that when news sources paraphrase or "report" what he's said over the years, they tend to skew toward the most alarmist and incendiary. But when Ahmadinejad is directly quoted on these same news sites, his words are more general and not necessarily as threatening as made out to be.

Regarding the CNN interview, his answer about "wiped off the map," through a translator, speaks for itself:

"If a group comes and occupies the United States of America, destroys homes while women and children are in those homes, incarcerate the youth of America, impose five different wars on many neighbors, and always threaten others, what would you do? What would you say? Would you help it? ... Or would you help the people of the United States?

So when we say "to be wiped," we say for occupation to be wiped off from this world. For war-seeking to (be) wiped off and eradicated, the killing of women and children to be eradicated. And we propose the way. We propose the path. The path is to recognize the right of the Palestinians to self-governance. Allow the people of Palestine to make decisions regarding their own future. Imagine one day in Palestine there is no longer occupation. Occupation no longer exists in Palestine. What else would there remain?"

Source: news.yahoo.com...

Also, when asked what if one of his children dated a Jew, he answered: "I would have to see who that Jewish man or woman would be. I see love amongst people as completely acceptable. There are many Jews living in Iran with whom we are very close. There are some Muslims that marry into Jewish families or marry Christians. We have no such problems..."

Source: www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2012/09/24/pmt-ahmadinejad-different-races-religion.cnn

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

More credible than Presstv, and RT, that is fine tho people are free to make up their minds not sitting here telling people want to believe,

Only presenting articles for discussion,,

No, in fact, BECAUSE they are mainstream sources they are indeed more suspect. Mainstream sources have owners, sponsors & advertisers which condition those networks to be biased enough NOT to do any factual reporting about anything that might upset their "sponsors."

It's sad really.

TO Neo96 - Where do you think you are here, free republic.com? This is a conspiracy site - we can smell the bullshi%# through our monitors and nobody but a few employees or mindless slaves are buying it.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Pagedisciple because: to clarify whom I was speaking to

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by neo96

Every single one of your sources is MSM. MSM sources report what they are told to report by various officials who, in many cases, actually write the stories for them (to ensure it gets spread as far as possible, a trick is to write the story for a reporter so they can run it, get credit for it, get paid for it, but not have to invest time in it).

It is unfortunate that, unless you are MSM, you don't get audience with those officials. And, unless you are MSM, you are not listed as "credible" among the mindless masses. The ultimate irony: the stamp of legitimacy for the watchdogs is actually the seal of a club for lapdogs.

way up FatFurry, way up

kudos sir

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by aCurious1

Thanks for your post. Here is an interesting article about the rules that govern intermarriage of Muslims and Kitabi (Jews and Christians). Apparently, a Muslim man is allowed to marry either, but not the other way.

Just to add precision to Ahmadinejad's discourse. Oh, and a Muslim husband is not allowed to press his faith on his wife.

Christianity is just simpler

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Until the freedom of speech bit, i was agreeing with you.

Freedom of speech is just that: free. You can't put limits on it. Their offense is their problem to deal with, and to blame that film is to absolve themselves of responsibility for their actions. In the rule of law, that cannot happen.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Ahmadeninejad or the Iranian regime. I do not choose an opposing side just because they seemingly disagree with another side I disagree with (like I do with America's, Israel's, and other state's governments' actions and policies,) just because they oppose them. I am aware of Iran's human rights record and other issues that make their government lose favor with me. I have long lamented the dynamic wherein people see one side's hegemony, and so side with the perceived lesser side despite its own issues. I do not adhere to that dynamic personally.

But with that said, am I misunderstanding this quote, or did he simply say that the disturbances caused by Israel will over time be eliminated? He stated:

"We don't even count them as any part of any equation for Iran. During a historical phase, they (the Israelis) represent minimal disturbances that come into the picture and are then eliminated."

It sounds as if he's trying to paint Israel as a source of historically insignificant disturbances, which will be eliminated through the natural course of history. I don't necessarily agree, but I don't see where he specifically said that Israel itself would be eliminated, let alone that Iran would be the ones to eliminate it. Am I misunderstanding?

Thanks. Peace.
edit on 9/25/2012 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Do not believe CNN or any other main stream media's translation of what he said. There should have been a translator next to him doing the Piers Morgan interview. I'm actually surprised he agreed to the interview without a translator translating what he said during the interview. They have twisted what he said and lied about what he actually said in the past and they are doing it again.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well Iran, Israel - either crap or get off the toilet.

Enough of the rhetoric, if you are going to do something - DO IT.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure who takes home the biggest fool prize -- "Ah-my-nut-is-jammed" guy with his "Death to Israel" routine, or Mitt Romney with his "Obama threw Israel under the bus" routine.

Both look moronic at times.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I started to post this thread and then just added my comments to an on going thread.

He didn' say they will be eliminated. You posted the quote of what he actually said.

Here is my original post.
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread884623/pg3#pid15029194
You even misinterpretted his words in the same way the meida twisted them.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by solarstorm

Those arms that have gone to Lebannon,Iraq,Afghanistan,and Syria say other wise how many homes has Iran destroyed eh?

Nevermind back to the vilification of Israel.

Off topic:

You never stop to amuse me Neo. Everytime i read something from you it reminds me of my little 12 years old brother. You can't admit you are wrong, never.

I hope you are not from USA (even if i know you do). You talk about a country that helps his allys (some shady allys i admit, but still allys) but your country is the BEST at doing the same thing. You provided countless nations with weapons and sh**. Don't tell me they were all happy-pinky-funny nations and that it never harmed any good people. Your government helped a lot of their current "terrorists".

On topic :

Let's just wait for the UN transcript. I'm pretty sure the MSM mistranslated something again (on purpose?) Even though it would be understandable this guy may hate Israel regime, it's not a reason to wipe an entire nation off the map.

The UN could just give a new land to Israel near the north pole or something so they will have no neighbors to go to war with. They could wage war against the pinguins and polar bears
. I bet the bears are pretty nice.

If it wasn't a mistranslation, then good job! You did report the real thing!!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bigwig22

That really is rich considering the sheer amount of people who will never admit Iran and amhed are ever wrong,

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss
Reported thread for misinformation and / or propaganda.

Seriously, how does this kind of garbage NOT get noticed by the mods and admins?

Good luck with that. Seriously how do you not see how this post is relevant to the forum in which it was posted? Report all you want, my friend.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

On that, i agree with you. Iran isn't always right and their leaders too. In fact, nobody is always right.

Right?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There you go people, the first time was a lie so the second one is rubbish so therefore this thread is abomination

Israeli Minister Agrees Ahmadinejad Never Said Israel ‘Must Be Wiped Off the Map’

In a reminder that Persian rhetoric is not always easy for English-speakers to interpret, a senior Israeli official has acknowledged that Iran’s president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, never actually said that Israel “must be wiped off the map.”

Those words were attributed to Mr. Ahmadinejad in 2005, in English translations of his speech to a “World Without Zionism” conference that October. As my colleague Ethan Bronner reported the next year, one problem was translating a metaphorical turn of phrase in Persian that has no exact English equivalent — there was, for instance, no mention of a map — and there was a heated debate about whether the original statement was a threat or a prediction.

A little suggestion:

edit on 25-9-2012 by shuar911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Brave move posting a thread like this on here, most members will very eagerly disagree with you on all of your statement... As for me I'm undecided for the most part, although I lean more towards a pro-Israel outlook on things. I guess only time will tell what happens with everything.
Have a good day!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join