It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Doesn’t Get Why Airplane Windows Don’t Open

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Mitt Romney Doesn’t Get Why Airplane Windows Don’t Open
nymag.com...

Mitt Romney, a 65-year-old man with two advanced degrees, has no idea why they don't let you open airplane windows mid-flight, according to his own remarks at a fund-raiser in Beverly Hills on Saturday:
Romney’s wife, Ann, was in attendance, and the candidate spoke of the concern he had for her when her plane had to make an emergency landing Friday en route to Santa Monica because of an electrical malfunction.
“I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were,” Romney said. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem."

I can't help but laugh when reading that. And I decided to fake check it to see if they are making things up just to get a laugh. But it seems it is true.

Mitt Romney pulls in $6 million at Beverly Hills fundraiser
www.latimes.com...

Romney’s wife, Ann, was in attendance, and the candidate spoke of the concern he had for her when her plane had to make an emergency landing Friday en route to Santa Monica because of an electrical malfunction.

“I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were,” Romney said. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
hard to tell if he means while it's on the ground or in flight

link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

what an unbelievable statement though

link   
Already posted here:

link   
This could explain why.

WARNING SOME OFENSIVE LANGUAGE BUT FUNNY

edit on 24-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OMG what a dufus!

If he wins, let's hope he doesn't pass an executive order to make planes have opening windows for fire safety!
edit on 24-9-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: spelling correction !

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Poster boy for Idiocracy OMG...I am a blonde and I even know why the windows don't open on a plane (That is a blonde joke please don't be offended, as I am in fact blonde.
)
edit on 24-9-2012 by ldyserenity because: added a word

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I was looking for a suitable "Facepalm" picture but I am laughing so much I can't do it...............

God help you USA.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Does anybody know how to open the window?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That ----is -----Hilarious!!!!!!!!OMG

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Already posted here:

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join