It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In New York, defiant Ahmadinejad says Israel will be "eliminated"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday disregarded a U.N. warning to avoid incendiary rhetoric and declared ahead of the annual General Assembly session that Israel has no roots in the Middle East and would be "eliminated."
www.cnbc.com...
Ahmadinejad also said he did not take seriously the threat that Israel could launch a military strike against Iran's nuclear facilities, denied sending arms to Syria, and alluded to Iran's threats to the life of British author Salman Rushdie.

The United States quickly dismissed the Iranian president's comments as "disgusting, offensive and outrageous."

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has hinted Israel could strike Iran's nuclear sites and criticized U.S. President Barack Obama's position that sanctions and diplomacy should be given more time to stop Tehran from acquiring nuclear weapons.

"Iran has been around for the last seven, 10 thousand years. They (the Israelis) have been occupying those territories for the last 60 to 70 years, with the support and force of the Westerners. They have no roots there in history,

No roots in history?

Once again who is the instigator, I know I have heard all the arguments from all sides.

How people can continue to ignore there is a bigger problem than Israel is beyond me.
edit on 053030p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
PERSIA was around for thousands of years. 7,10 thousand? Hardly, but a long time.

Big difference between Persian Empire and Iran though.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'm very skeptical of US media translations.

We now know Iran never said "wiped off the face of the planet" but instead said "erased from the pages of time".

Its important to remember that this is a fight that the Middle East/Iran etc., never started.

The founders of Israel descended down on that region in the 1940s on the basis of their religion.

The West has been attacking since at-least 1953 with the overthrow of Iran's government via Operation Ajax.

Yet Iran is portrayed as the aggressor...

edit on 24-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

So many times people on these forums deny Iran is trouble, preferring to lay all the problems in the ME on Israel, denying that Ahmadinejad, makes incendiary remarks.

Here he is for all the world to see, no one can deny that he wants to eliminate Israel now, however I have heard comments on the forum that agree with him.

edit on 043030p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Man I LOVE this guy!

He really makes me laugh!

He's like a cross between Charles Manson and Joe Biden!

ETA: Wait... also sounds like Mel Gibson.

Peace be upon you.

edit on 24-9-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Im very skepticak of US media translations.

OH?

Ahmadinejad declared ahead of the annual General Assembly session that Israel has no roots in the Middle East and would be "eliminated."Text

I imagine this can be verified considering where the speech was given.
sigh

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday disregarded a U.N. warning to avoid incendiary rhetoric and declared ahead of the annual General Assembly session that Israel has no roots in the Middle East and would be "eliminated."

Ahmadinejad also said he did not take seriously the threat that Israel could launch a military strike against Iran's nuclear facilities, denied sending arms to Syria, and alluded to Iran's threats to the life of British author Salman Rushdie.

The United States quickly dismissed the Iranian president's comments as "disgusting, offensive and outrageous."

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has hinted Israel could strike Iran's nuclear sites and criticized U.S. President Barack Obama's position that sanctions and diplomacy should be given more time to stop Tehran from acquiring nuclear weapons.

"Iran has been around for the last seven, 10 thousand years. They (the Israelis) have been occupying those territories for the last 60 to 70 years, with the support and force of the Westerners. They have no roots there in history,

No roots in history?

Once again who is the instigator, I know I have heard all the arguments from all sides.

How people can continue to ignore there is a bigger problem than Israel is beyond me.

Correct... as he said no ROOTS in history..! ( the history you know is forgery)..!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Im very skepticak of US media translations.

Of course you are. You're skeptical of everything that contradicts your opinions of Iran and Israel. There's nothing new there.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Correct... as he said no ROOTS in history..! ( the history you know is forgery)..!

There is another topic on the roots issue, and a very prolific poster sharing the truth of the mater, you should look it up.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Really? Can you provide any valid sources to verify your claim?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ill believe its in our best interest when some one can explain why we didn't invade NK when they got their nukes. Threatening our Ally South Korea, an even harsher dictatorship than iran, in a volatile area (china right there).

The only difference is Israel, remember those old warner bros cartoons, with the little dog that liked to talk big as long as the big dog had his back? Very similar thing going on here.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Report: Ahmadinejad to Meet with Occupy Wall Street

"Ahmadinejad is also set to meet American university students, artists, intellectuals and elites, including Occupy Wall Street anti-capitalist protestors, despite the ongoing efforts made by the pro-Zionist lobbies to prevent direct link between American people and the Iranian president," the Iranian organ Fars News reports.

Earlier this year American professors gathered in Tehran to discuss the supposed virtues of the Occupy Wall Street movement.

American professors

Didn't know that, well aint that special, bring home more propaganda for the students, are we?

An alarming news report from Iran's Press TV, a propaganda arm of the Iranian government, showing American professors gathering in Tehran to discuss the Occupy Wall Street Movement:

The professors interviewed on Press TV include Alex Vitale of Brooklyn College, Heather Gautney of Fordham University, and John Hammond of City University of New York.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Hmm, I am going to have to check out these professors.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
he's correct - modern israel was founded by british mandate... the only thing it shares with the early israel is the name.. and even the early israel was late on the scene as far as cultures go in the world.. ahhh well does get amusing watching westerners argue over things they know little about... there were and are several cultures far older than western "civilization" in the world ...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I suggest you read the comments on the roots thread I posted as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

I'm very skeptical of US media translations.

We now know Iran never said "wiped off the face of the planet" but instead said "erased from the pages of time".

Its important to remember that this is a fight that the Middle East/Iran etc., never started.

The founders of Israel descended down on that region in the 1940s on the basis of their religion.

The West has been attacking since at-least 1953 with the overthrow of Iran's government via Operation Ajax.

Yet Iran is portrayed as the aggressor...

Erased from pages of time, lol. Totallly different meaning than wiped off face of the earth. Those rascals.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by joe7pack

That's an interesting comment " erased from the pages of time," because that is exactly what they are trying to do, convince people that Israel never existed, rewrite history.

Destroy a nations past and history.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Expat888

I suggest you read the comments on the roots thread I posted as well.

will pop over and give it a read in a bit.. just waking up here having coffee.. bit blur yet this morning attended wedding party that ended couple hours ago .. not slept much...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Of course they have roots there. Some guy was having a chat with a burning bush. (or smoking some bush) Then he went to sleep and the spirit in the sky appeared. He then gave that land to him and all his family. Years later rothschld, did a deal with the brits. If he financed them in the war and they won. Then they would give him Israel.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I'm sorry who's destroying what now? Its obvious as to why Ahmadinejad uses his choice of words.

Its called irony.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad appeared to reject Washington's position that while it condemns the video's content, freedom of expression must be upheld. "Freedoms must not interfere with the freedoms of others," Ahmadinejad said. "If someone insults, what would you do? ... Is insulting other people not a form of crime?"

From OP source.

Well I guess Ahmejinedad never heard "your rights end where mine begin". I know what Islam does in the M.E. when Muhammad is insulted, you're either beaten or put to death. Freedom of speech? Yeah :shk:...No, they can speak out about your beliefs but you may not question islam or speak out against it. Religious freedom? Nope, you can't build or maintain churches or synogogues either, neither can you observe your religious holidays in public or pray or worship in public, only behind closed doors like some diseased animal not worthy to be in the sunlight.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join