It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney: Scientific Moron?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by BenReclused

Originally posted by BenReclused
Do you feel Mr. Romney really believes that airliners should have windows that passengers can open?

Actually, Until you asked me that and I found the video of him saying it, I did! And now that I did some research, I have COMPLETELY changed my mind on this. He WAS joking around. And I really didn't think he would be joking about his wife being stuck in an airplane.

So, I was wrong about this one. And I now know that he was just trying to be funny... Thanks for challenging me on it.

Hi BH....I watched the video from a couple of sources...
www.politico.com...

I don't here the crowd laughing, I don't see him pausing to allow for a laugh, I don't even see his wife who is standing beside him even giving him a polite chuckle. I am not sure he was joking...I will afford the possibility that he is a very bad comedian with very bad taste joking about how worried his family was etc. But personally I don't think he was kidding.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't wanna be all, "I'm cooler than you guys," but I thought Mitt was an idiot ages ago... way before it was cool...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Mitt now has my vote - - any chance that we could get 4 years of these soundbites is worth taking in my book. The material that he will provide Stewart and Colbert will be priceless.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Mitt Romney: Scientific Moron?

Just a moron.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Originally posted by Indigo5
Hi BH....

Hi darlin'.

I watched the video from a couple of sources...
www.politico.com...

I don't here the crowd laughing,

I didn't say he was funny, I said he was TRYING to be funny. It fell flat because everyone was so uncomfortable about him joking about his wife dying. I know I was when I watched it.

I don't see him pausing to allow for a laugh,

He has NO CLUE how to do most things, let alone, get a laugh. He's a moron, remember.

But personally I don't think he was kidding.

That's fine.
It's not easy to tell. And I am not 100% sure, but I have just come to the conclusion that he probably was. He chuckled a few times and he's VERY uncomfortable trying to communicate with real live people... so, this time, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Know the joke about what one thing you would bring if you were going to be marooned on a dessert island? Mit would bring a car door. That way when it gets too hot on the island he can open the window.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Go ahead and believe what you want to. This idiot wants windows that open on an airplane.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm going to propel the propaganda about this until the MSM gets a hold of it and starts asking questions;
Mitt Romney was involved in a fatal car accident when he was over in France avoiding the draft and annoying the locals. The wife of the president of the mission was killed instantly and Mitt was declared dead at the scene by the first police officer to arrive. Turns out he was in a coma for 2-3 days and took nearly a year to recover (which is why his 2 year missionary stint turned into 3 years). When he returned to the states, Ann said he was 'a different person'.

Maybe he sustained brain damage and that's why he can't seem to remember cutting off that kid's hair while he was screaming, or which state he's a resident of for running for governor purposes, or any number of other issues that when asked about, he just chuckles like a moron... or he's a liar. Either way, he is not fit to be president.

If you don't believe the fatal accident story, just google it. There was a big write up at the time in the NY Times including pictures of the crushed car.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

Is there somthing wrong with you.

You are trying to tell me what would happen but I am the one who posted the link explaining it before you ever posted.

Wow. I know your not stupid but I think the whole thing when over your head.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

reply to post by Indigo5

99% of Americans sure-as-shinola know why you can't roll down the window on an airliner

I seriously doubt that! Do you have a source? I suspect many would claim they can't "roll down the window" because there's no window crank, or power window switch.

Milt

Which would be amongst the reasons why you can't do so. So your point is?

I was being satirical. My point was that many Americans would very likely give ridiculous answers to that question.

Because you seem to be having difficulty with that concept, here is another ridiculous, yet just as plausible, answer:
The reason you can't roll down cabin windows on many aircraft is because closed windows keep the passengers from sticking their gum to the outside of the fuselage. That would cause excessive drag on the aircraft and, depending on the amount of gum, could drastically increase fuel consumption.

Though I doubt it did, I certainly hope that helped.

Did you really have a point with that post, or were you just trolling?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 26-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Oh yeah, he's half African-American, I forgot

Yipeee! Someone finally played the "race card"!

Regarding your quoted comment: You are mistaken! Mr. Obama is half Kenyan, and not half "African-American".

What else, besides racism, explains this double standard?

Dissatisfaction with Mr. Obama's policies would explain that just as readily as racism. I'm sure you won't except that though. That would make your "race card" null and void, wouldn't it?

Do you feel that those that consistently belittle Mr. Romney are racists as well? Hell! According to you they must be! After all, it seems that's your only explanation for "this double standard".

See ya,
Milt
edit on 26-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by acparker7
Mitt now has my vote - - any chance that we could get 4 years of these soundbites is worth taking in my book. The material that he will provide Stewart and Colbert will be priceless.

Dont forget SNL. They did the politcal satire first and best.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
Reading some of the replies, I see there are people who think a guy that can make hundreds of millions of dollars for himself and his investors, is somehow an unintelligent idiot. The guy has degrees from Stanford, Brigham Young, Harvard Law and Harvard Business School, and he rescued an Olympic Games that was going down the toilet. Yeah he's a moron.

Not a Moron.. a MorMon... no wait.....

Yes, he has a degree. So what.

He said that it would be a good idea to have windows in planes that could be opened in the event of a fire, which is horrendously stupid in more than one way.

It makes me wonder how some of these doorknobs got all their "degrees". Methinks the family had enough pull/money to buy his way through school.

Straight A's I bet too! Yeah... right...

edit on 26-9-2012 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

did you hear the part of the story about the fact that said dog had the liquid sh*tz, which was dribbling down the back window of the station wagon, so at one point Romney pulled over at a service station and hosed the car and the dog down. In case you don't know, dogs tend to have B.M. like this when they are under stress.

That's interesting:
That tends to indicate that the door on the portable kennel was facing rearward. Is that really any worse than allowing a dog to travel in the back of a pickup?

Because you don't seem to know it: There are many reasons that dogs get the "Hershey Squirts".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Nope! You misunderstood my comment.

Because you didn't understand it the first time time around, perhaps you should try reading it again. Here it is:

He certainly doesn't "come across" as being very damn sharp, but it's my understanding that many felt the same way about Albert Einstein.

If you still don't understand it, I will attempt to guide you through it later. I'm going to bed.

See ya,
Milt

I understood it just fine, you're saying, like Einstein, Mitt could just appear dull, but in fact be one of the smartest people to ever live...

No, I totally get it... You think Milt, sorry, Mitt could be an undiagnosed smartie pants... Very doubtful, considering his long long long stream of mistakes and asinine statements...

Though I didn't directly express my perception of Einstein, the following is close enough:

like Einstein, Mitt could just appear dull

The rest of your nonsense was just added to intentionally misrepresent my statement.

You think Milt, sorry, Mitt

That's okay. It would be much more insulting for someone to associate my name with "longlostbrother".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Nope! You misunderstood my comment.

Because you didn't understand it the first time time around, perhaps you should try reading it again. Here it is:

He certainly doesn't "come across" as being very damn sharp, but it's my understanding that many felt the same way about Albert Einstein.

If you still don't understand it, I will attempt to guide you through it later. I'm going to bed.

See ya,
Milt

I understood it just fine, you're saying, like Einstein, Mitt could just appear dull, but in fact be one of the smartest people to ever live...

No, I totally get it... You think Milt, sorry, Mitt could be an undiagnosed smartie pants... Very doubtful, considering his long long long stream of mistakes and asinine statements...

Though I didn't directly express my perception of Einstein, the following is close enough:

like Einstein, Mitt could just appear dull

The rest of your nonsense was just added to intentionally misrepresent my statement.

You think Milt, sorry, Mitt

That's okay. It would be much more insulting for someone to associate my name with "longlostbrother".

See ya,
Milt

Ahh... I see so you chose Einstein because he was known to have appeared dull... so no comment on whether or not you think Albert was indeed dull...

You're reminding me of Einstein right now, up to a point.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5An economy that his idealogical predecessor sent into a nosedive...which President Obama pulled out of

What? You think Obama "pulled out of" a nosediving economy? Haha.

I really can't believe this forum is filled with people that can be found on every single mainstream media news site. How much MSNBC do you watch every day?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

signalfire, I never knew that. Please, to anyone reading this, do not start making jokes about brain damage! Unless you have had personal experience with/awareness of brain trauma, you might make this into a joke, which it's not.

First, Romney's brain trauma could still make it possible to attend college successfully and succeed at Bain Capital. What may have happened, especially if he sustained frontal lobe damage, could be a personality change, along with memory loss/impairment, He could still be the "old Mitt", but different in some way.

And, get this

Damage to the frontal lobes has been historically related to changes in personality, with striking effects on a person\rquote s ability to tell jokes and respond to humor. Such individuals often exhibit silly euphoric behavior, inappropriate laughter, and have an addiction to telling jokes that are usually inappropriate in content.

People With Brain Injury To Frontal Lobe Don't Get Punch Lines -- Prefer Slapstick Humor!

Ok, I think I detect this now with Romney. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Thank you, I will, tomorrow for my lunchtime reading. I hope what I read won't make me lose my lunch. We have a strong, proud nation with excellent colleges and lots of businesses and many bright, honest people yet our presidential candidates now, more than ever, just seem like nothing but empty talking heads. I'm not sure it really matters whom we elect. It will be the same big league power players pulling the strings and calling the shots behind the scenes.

But I'll be a good little citizen and do my research and pick a pretty puppet in November. It used to be there was some hope in the local elections, but the past few years the local sheeple have fallen in line and always vote solidly Democrat in sufficient numbers it's hard to knock out ineffective or harmful incumbents. I've got nothing against Democrats and sometimes vote that way myself, but it's frustrating to vote on the issues or the candidates' qualifications and be overruled by people who are swayed by repeated courting of special interests or blind loyalty to tired old buzzwords and cliches. My dad is getting to be that kind of voter. He votes for whomever promises the most to senior citizens even if it's obvious blatant lies. It's like the world to him is only about his special interest group and to hell with everyone else and what is good for society as a whole. It's sad. But I understand, he is scared he has another ten to twenty years of life left but won't have the means to live this life out even modestly as he has been doing, even with help from me and my husband.

And goodness, if there is one thing all politicians like doing these days, it's feeding people's fears. Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbyTarass
Still waiting on what he has to say about submarines.

ROFLMAO. I was reading along and that deadpan comment came up in the middle of all the political talk and I just about died laughing, or rather, trying to stifle my laughter. I'm reading on my iPad in bed and trying not to wake my husband up.

Bless you. Politics stresses me out these days and I needed a good chuckle.

P.S. I somehow missed it when I read and replied to this thread earlier today.
edit on 26-9-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join