It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney: Scientific Moron?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And I really didn't think he would be joking about his wife being stuck in an airplane.

I felt he had to be joking. Hell, he's got far too many air miles "under his belt" to really be that naive about cabin windows on aircraft. I feel his joking about the incident was more of a "nervous release" than anything else. Thanks for posting the video. This was the first time I've seen it. I feel the quick cutaway right after he said "I don't know why they do that" was a dead give away. I reckon that's the skeptic in me. He's certainly no good at telling jokes, is he?

Thanks for challenging me on it.

That's a pleasant change. I'm often the target of insults because of my challenges. What the hell, I'm a die hard skeptic. Insults are what we get, and challenges are what we do. Anyway, please accept my humble: You are very welcome.

I swear, I thought he was just stupid. And I still do.

I can't fault you there. Nor can I hold it against you. Sometimes I wonder as well. He certainly doesn't "come across" as being very damn sharp, but it's my understanding that many felt the same way about Albert Einstein.

I apologize for my willful ignorance and not looking into it more. I was a jerk, which I sometimes am.

Don't worry about it. It takes "massive amounts" of courage, honesty, and integrity to admit that on a public forum. You are only the second person that I have known to do so, since I have been a member of ATS.

Speaking of jerks, you have been reading my posts, haven't you? LOL

I know what my source said. I DID read that.

I knew that! You're too damn smart to have missed it.

It's not that I don't care about your opinion about things. It's just that your opinion of ME and my vote is irrelevant.

In all honesty, I really do care about your opinion as well. I was only "lying for leverage".

Regarding the second part of that comment: I feel the same, and that is the way it should be.

On to the next part:
Your courage, honesty, and integrity have earned you a great deal of respect from me. I use my "friends list" as a place of honor for those who have done so. Would you mind if I added you to it? You'd still be free to treat me just as mean and nasty as you already have. Be sure to expect the same from me, though. I tend to be a pretty mean and nasty old troll. LOL

Mine will likely be the only star you get on that post. I wish I could give you a hundred. You certainly deserve them!

See ya buddy,
Milt

PS:
I'm sorry about taking so long to get back to you. My eyesight is getting really, really bad, and it takes quite a while for me to type and proof read my longer posts.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Indigo5

I think I just read what is equivalent to an online temper tantrum.

Indigo you just owned that debate good job but some people will never see the light no matter how much you shine it at them.

RAH! RAH! RAH! Cheer Leader boy!

I'm mighty interested in seeing your justifications for those grossly exaggerated comments. Please be specific and, most of all, try to be a bit more honest than your buddy seems to be.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 26-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Did you just compare Romney to Albert Einstein??!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Nope! You misunderstood my comment.

Because you didn't understand it the first time time around, perhaps you should try reading it again. Here it is:

He certainly doesn't "come across" as being very damn sharp, but it's my understanding that many felt the same way about Albert Einstein.

If you still don't understand it, I will attempt to guide you through it later. I'm going to bed.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Something tells me this was part of a conversation and some parts are missing, which makes stuff appear out of context. I'm not sure he was suggesting putting operating windows in a commercial jet.

The LA Times generally doesn't do such out-of-context quotes. Moreover, this story is making the media rounds, and if it were out of context, the Romney campaign would come out and say as much.

Something tells me that you are just a typical right-winger who can't stand to be confronted with unpleasant facts about your false gods.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wishful1gnorance

and he rescued an Olympic Games that was going down the toilet.

What exactly are you talking about? How did he rescue the Olympic Games? That is a new one for me.

Maybe you should read more.

Maybe you should back up your claims some with some facts, rather than put down people who question your unsupported claims.

And no maybe about: identifying yourself with Mel Gibson, via your avatar, explains a WHOLE LOT...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Indigo5

99% of Americans sure-as-shinola know why you can't roll down the window on an airliner

I seriously doubt that! Do you have a source? I suspect many would claim they can't "roll down the window" because there's no window crank, or power window switch.

Milt

Which would be amongst the reasons why you can't do so. So your point is?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I really hope someone sells Romney a plane with working windows!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

The guy has degrees from Stanford, Brigham Young, Harvard Law and Harvard Business School, and he rescued an Olympic Games that was going down the toilet. Yeah he's a moron.

He never got a degree from Stanford...

As far as Harvard and Brigham Young? Standard fair for the son of Millionaire Morman...Grades don't matter...the kids go to Ivy League regardless...And Romney's Uncle was President of Brigham Young...

And though he is quick to point out that he didn't keep his father's inheritance, he is slow to acknowledge that his father died in 1995, long after his father had gotten him start at Bain Capital and helped him get his fortune rolling. When his father died Romney was already worth over 100 Million and described his father's remaining wealth as "not a lot of money".

Yes...it is not only possible, but happens more often than you think in the silver-spoon world where less than intelligent folks amass extraordinary wealth...welcome to America.

I stand corrected. He attended Stanford for a year before going on mission in France. Two things are obvious to me. One, you're not a Romney fan (maybe an Obama staffer?) And two, money does not always beget money. There are plenty of idiots that squander fortunes.

Tell us, how did Mr. Obama afford his education at various upper echelon schools? At least we know how Mr. Romney afforded such schools.

Clearly anybody who points out inconvenient facts regarding Romney are paid Obama campaign operatives. *NOT* So it would seem, by your standards, that if someone is not a Romney fan, then he/she is to be regarded as a highly suspicious character. Live in an echo chamber much?

As for Obama's education, I'm guessing it was through a combo of financial aid, student loans, and his own or his family's savings that he paid for his education. Or do you suspect the Islamic Brotherhood of subsidizing it?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by Grimpachi

And yet you find less wrong with obama in that regard? The person that can’t even speak without a teleprompter!

What is it that right-wingers have about the fact Obama uses telemprompters? Like all recent presidents haven't? Like other politicians and celebrities on stage don't use them? This criticism wasn't even made against Bill Clinton, who no doubt used them. And most certainly Ronald Reagan used them, yet he is the Republican deity. So why is it a big deal if the current president used them? Oh yeah, he's half African-American, I forgot. What else, besides racism, explains this double standard?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CUBD1

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

This is the same reason he saw no issue with traveling with his dog strapped to the top of his car.

That story enraged me, and utterly horrified my wife. It's unimaginably cruel to do that to a dog - but that asshole thinks that it's a funny story!

It "enraged" you? Really? So putting dogs in the backs of pickup trucks isn't cruel? Why the [expletive deletive] would the dog care if he was in that carrier on top?

Seems like kind of an odd thing to do, but you weren't there and maybe the carrier was turned around so the wind wasn't even blowing on him. How the # do you know?

I'm not really defending the guy, but I've always thought this dog story was a lame thing to get upset over.

Uh.... did you hear the part of the story about the fact that said dog had the liquid sh*tz, which was dribbling down the back window of the station wagon, so at one point Romney pulled over at a service station and hosed the car and the dog down. In case you don't know, dogs tend to have B.M. like this when they are under stress. This dog rode like this for a 12-hour trip. Hope this puts the story in better context for you.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Face palm

edit on 26-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
You would think a mormon to be more tech savvy.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
The LA Times generally doesn't do such out-of-context quotes. Moreover, this story is making the media rounds, and if it were out of context, the Romney campaign would come out and say as much.

It's not out of context per se, except that Mitt is smiling/laughing when he says it and so is his wife, who is standing next to him. He is joking! (however sick and weird that seems) It's another of his uncomfortable, anti-social, robot-like, out-of-touch moments...

Video of Mitt Here

I'm NOT supporting Mitt's intellect, but the truth is the truth.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Still waiting on what he has to say about submarines.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

reply to post by longlostbrother

Nope! You misunderstood my comment.

Because you didn't understand it the first time time around, perhaps you should try reading it again. Here it is:

He certainly doesn't "come across" as being very damn sharp, but it's my understanding that many felt the same way about Albert Einstein.

If you still don't understand it, I will attempt to guide you through it later. I'm going to bed.

See ya,
Milt

I understood it just fine, you're saying, like Einstein, Mitt could just appear dull, but in fact be one of the smartest people to ever live...

No, I totally get it... You think Milt, sorry, Mitt could be an undiagnosed smartie pants... Very doubtful, considering his long long long stream of mistakes and asinine statements...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ah come on, he just wants the windows to roll down so his dog can stick his head out the window like a proper family dog should be able to!

I am glad it's been shown this is just a dumb joke that has gotten misrepresented. Now we can get back to more important things like what each candidate's tax plans will really do to the middle class and to small businesses. I know under Obama that the company my husband works for is seriously stymied in hiring and expanding. And we are struggling to hold onto semi upper middle class status we worked (I used to work, too, I wasn't always a housewife) all our adult lives to attain after starting out surviving on tuna helper and oatmeal...wish I was exaggerating about that.

Now, according to Obama, we are "rich" and deserve to be taxed back to where we came from. Right, we are rich, so why can't we afford to replace our house's siding and our old broken down furniture or my two decades old econobox. And I'm being generous calling us upper middle class, because it means we can afford for me to stay home and raise our kid and we can afford a modest private school for our child, by the skin of our teeth. These days, that's luxury.

We voted for Obama last election. He had his chance. I'm not beholden to either party or to left or right ideals. I will hear them both out. But I believe they are both puppets to big corporations and banking interests anyway.
edit on 26-9-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typo

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
Ah come on, he just wants the windows to roll down so his dog can stick his head out the window like a proper family dog should be able to!

I am glad it's been shown this is just a dumb joke that has gotten misrepresented. Now we can get back to more important things like what each candidate's tax plans will really do to the middle class and to small businesses. I know under Obama that the company my husband works for is seriously stymied in hiring and expanding. And we are struggling to hold onto semi upper middle class status we worked (I used to work, too, I wasn't always a housewife) all our adult lives to attain after starting out surviving on tuna helper and oatmeal...wish I was exaggerating about that.

Now, according to Obama, we are "rich" and deserve to be taxed back to where we came from. Right, we are rich, so why can't we afford to replace our house's siding and our old broken down furniture or my two decades old econobox. And I'm being generous calling us upper middle class, because it means we can afford for me to stay home and raise our kid and we can afford a modest private school for our child, by the skin of our teeth. These days, that's luxury.

We voted for Obama last election. He had his chance. I'm not beholden to either party or to left or right ideals. I will hear them both out. But I believe they are both puppets to big corporations and banking interests anyway.
edit on 26-9-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typo

I think you should go look at Romney's tax plan, and what he thinks middle class is...

www.mittromney.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I actually read both of those sources in their entirety.

And that is awesome. It's a rare thing to get an idealogue to read detailed analysis by Politifact or Fact-Check.

You vehemently argued that Romney didn't do as well as he could as Gov. of Mass. cuz he was dealing with a legislature that was majority opposing party...and that Mass. economy was wrecked when he got there...Gotta love it!

Mission accomplished.

Acknowledging that Mitt became Governor under very difficult financial circumstances for the state...and a legislature that was an opposing party....and you are defending him on that basis?

Not at all! If one were to ignore the campaign nonsense between Mr. Obama and Mr. Romney, both sources indicate that Mr. Romney did fairly well despite the long odds.

Here let me help you out with your journey toward unbiased thinking... by preserving your logic and substituting a name.

"Not at all! If one were to ignore the campaign nonsense between Mr. Obama and Mr. Romney, both sources indicate that President Obama did fairly well despite the long odds. "

Except President Obama actually turned the ship...

Show me an unbiased source that indicates that.

Math doesn't have a party allegience...

edit on 26-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by Dragoon01
reply to post by wylekat

I didnt say that passenger windows actually open.
I said you COULD open a window.

Read that two or three times if you need too.

Wow I know there is always one in the crowd but before you posted how it is possible to open a window on a plane did you bother to read the aticle I posted ON THE SAME PAGE.
Yes it is possible.

For those who do not understand:

Why Plane Windows Don’t Roll Down, as Romney Would Like

MItt was woried about there not being enough oxegen on the plane to breath not the fire. It is self defeating to open a window. Oh nevermind just read the article.

edit on 25-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

You're approaching black hole density here. As a matter of fact I did read your silly little link and I basically said that same thing would happen if you did open any hole in an aircraft. The entire premise of this thread has been that Mitt Romney is an idiot because he thinks you should be able to open aircraft windows in an emergency and everyone know that the windows are sealed because its impossible to open them without killing everybody.
What I have proven and even your article shows is that the "impossible" is actually not impossible at all. Put aside the BS partisan nature of your link and look at the situation objectively and you will see that not only is the idea of venting the aircraft not stupid it has actually happened on numerous occasions. That on those occasions there was no immediate loss of life that the planes systems functioned correctly and the pilots brought the plane to an emergency landing. The specific instance that I mentioned in Hawaii did have fatilities because the decompression was explosive and the result of a structural failure. IIRC a flight attendant who was not seated was blown from the plane and a passenger who was seated was pulled out because the failure occured right under their seat. The rest of the passengers did not freeze to death or die from lack of oxygen.

If I actually thought Mitt Romney was serious about this I would chalk it up to being uninformed about aircraft beyond what he needed to know. Just like I dont think Obama really thought there are 57 states (he was talking about his campaign stops). This is just the same kind of cheap political tactic the left always tries to pull out with right candidates. They attempt to use any verbal slip as foder to paint the candidate as stupid or dumb. This is BS. Let me also set the record straight. I am not a supporter of Mitt Romney. I really dont see much difference between the two of them and thus will not be voting in the "up'incomin'".

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join