It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney: Scientific Moron?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
reply to post by wylekat

I didnt say that passenger windows actually open.
I said you COULD open a window.

Read that two or three times if you need too.

"could open" does not equal "break the sucker". One is removing or sliding or pushing and parts stay intact- and the other is smashing something thru it, and rendering it's closing ability useless. Just like opening your front door vs the cops coming thru it with a battering ram. One, you can close back, and reopen at will. The other... splinters and a hole.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
reply to post by wylekat

I didnt say that passenger windows actually open.
I said you COULD open a window.

Read that two or three times if you need too.

Wow I know there is always one in the crowd but before you posted how it is possible to open a window on a plane did you bother to read the aticle I posted ON THE SAME PAGE.
Yes it is possible.

For those who do not understand:

Why Plane Windows Don’t Roll Down, as Romney Would Like

MItt was woried about there not being enough oxegen on the plane to breath not the fire. It is self defeating to open a window. Oh nevermind just read the article.

edit on 25-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Hi Indy! I finally made it back the keyboard. I'm sure you have been looking forward to it.

Upon entering office in the middle of a fiscal year, he faced an immediate $650 million shortfall and a projected $3 billion deficit for the next year.

I'm not sure what you meant to do with that quote, but I suspect you missed: "Upon entering office in the middle of a fiscal year".

from December 2002 to December 2006, Massachusetts ranked 47th out of 50 states (not including the District of Columbia) in job growth.

It seems you missed the most pertinent paragraph in that source:

It’s correct that Massachusetts ranked 47th of 50 in job creation on Romney’s watch. However, the Obama camp -- like the Romney camp in its rebuttal -- exaggerates Romney’s influence on the state job market. Governors simply don't have that much impact. We rated this claim Half True more than a year ago, and today, we still think it merits a Half True.

Source

Massachusetts ranked No. 1 in state debt per person when Mitt Romney was governor. It’s true

WOW! Look how much you left out of your above quote! The missing part is the bold text in the first paragraph of the following excerpt. The other two paragraphs are only the "icing on the cake":

An ad from the Obama campaign claims Massachusetts ranked No. 1 in state debt per person when Mitt Romney was governor. It’s true, but there’s less there than meets the eye. Massachusetts has historically been a high-debt state. Massachusetts has ranked either first or second in debt per capita in each of the past 11 years. It was second when Romney took office, not a far leap to first place. One could even argue that Romney slowed the growth rate of long-term debt compared with the four years before he took office.

In a comparable length of time before Romney took office — from June 30, 1999, to Jan. 1, 2003 — the long-term debt in Massachusetts went from nearly $12 billion to $16 billion (see A-23), a $4 billion increase. That’s a 34 percent increase, compared with the 16.4 percent increase during Romney’s years.

But as we wrote when the same claim was made in an earlier Obama campaign ad, it’s a bit misleading to say Massachusetts “fell” to 47th. The state ranking for job growth went from 50th the year before Romney took office, to 28th in his final year. It was 47th for the whole of his four-year tenure, but the ranking was improving, not declining, when he left.

Source

Why do Mr. Obama's supporters make such a habit of distorting the facts? Is that really the only way they can justify supporting him?

Reality...and the residents of Mass. disagree with that statement.

That's not necessarily true!

This may come as a surprise to you:
Taxachusetts is my home state, and my mothers side of the family, since the landing of the Mayflower, has grown quite extensively within that state. With few exceptions, they would all agree with my statement.

Romney is losing Mass. by 24 points right now...what does that tell you about the folks who know his leadership best?

That only confirms what I have known to be true since the early 60s': Massachusetts' politics is heavily dominated by the Democratic Party. Quite honestly, the fact that he was elected as Governor of that state is quite an achievement on it's own merit.

Second....Romney is the one that strangely continues to make the argument that what works at the state level (Healthcare Reform - Romneycare) doesn't work at the federal level (Obamacare).

What's so strange about that? I'd be willing to bet that Mr. Romney knows quite a bit more about "Obamacare" than Mr. Obama, himself, does.

Thanks for the sources. They helped me feel better about throwing my vote toward Mr. Romney. I'd much prefer Gary Johnson, but I feel we all know that he doesn't "stand a snowball's chance in hell" of being elected President.

What else have you got?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

See how actual thought works?

I certainly didn't see any thought in that post! All I saw was the same old, and tiring, left wing nonsense. You should learn to think for yourself.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
When I heard what Romney said about rolling down airplane windows it made me think this.

You know if this guy gets elected the secret service are going to be thrilled. NOT REALLY.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
WOW! Look how much you left out of your above quote!

No...I chose Politifact and Fact Check for a reason...they show both sides. I did not quote the part where they acknowledged that Mitt's miserable record as Governor was not all his fault cuz he could only do so much...or that he was handed a tough financial situation...

Can you guess why I excluded those parts when showing his crappy record? Why I sent you to factcheck and politifact vs. a bias source?

See...now YOU seem to be on the same page as me. Acknowledging that Mitt became Governor under very difficult financial circumstances for the state...and a legislature that was an opposing party....and you are defending him on that basis?

Sound like a familiar scenario? Wow the hypocrisy...Mitt ruins MA...not his fault cuz he had a Dem. Legislature and came into a mess to begin with...Pres. Obama?...ALL HIS FAULT

Except President Obama actually turned the ship...Mitt left Mass. worse off than what it was..

Glad to finally get you to acknowledge the real world though...baby steps.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Damn! I thought you didn't care about my opinion!

Do you really think Obama thinks there are 57 states in the US?

No I don't.

Or is it more likely that he meant 47 of the 48 contiguous states?

Yes it is.

Though I don't care about your opinion, I am a bit perturbed by your willful ignorance. Here is a chance to redeem your credibility:
Do you feel Mr. Romney really believes that airliners should have windows that passengers can open?

Or do you feel it's more likely that he was attempting to "make light" of the situation?

Now, you can stop repeating that stupid lie.

That's the very sort of willful ignorance I was referring to. You know it's not a lie, yet you still claim it is! Your source is the same one I picked Mr. Obama's quote from.

Here's the "straight poop", direct from YOUR SOURCE:

True: Barack Obama said he had visited 57 states.

False: Barack Obama's statement was a reference to 57 Islamic states.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

"could open" does not equal "break the sucker". One is removing or sliding or pushing and parts stay intact- and the other is smashing something thru it, and rendering it's closing ability useless. Just like opening your front door vs the cops coming thru it with a battering ram. One, you can close back, and reopen at will. The other... splinters and a hole.

Boeing and Airbus are the largest airliner manufacturers in the World. Most of, if not all of them, their jet airliners do indeed have windows that open and shut, without any damage, located on their flight decks.

Perhaps you missed the video that "Mr. Tranny" was kind enough to post. I know you won't look for it, so here's the link to that post.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Originally posted by BenReclused
Do you feel Mr. Romney really believes that airliners should have windows that passengers can open?

Actually, Until you asked me that and I found the video of him saying it, I did! And now that I did some research, I have COMPLETELY changed my mind on this. He WAS joking around. And I really didn't think he would be joking about his wife being stuck in an airplane.

So, I was wrong about this one. And I now know that he was just trying to be funny... Thanks for challenging me on it.

Video of Mitt

You know it's not a lie, yet you still claim it is!

I swear, I thought he was just stupid. And I still do. But in this specific case, I was wrong and so is everyone here who thinks he was serious. I apologize for my willful ignorance and not looking into it more. I was a jerk, which I sometimes am.

Here's the "straight poop", direct from YOUR SOURCE:

I know what my source said. I DID read that.

It's not that I don't care about your opinion about things. It's just that your opinion of ME and my vote is irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Maybe it's in the language. I misread the title of this post. I thought it said, "Scientific Mormon". There is only 1 M difference between "Scientific Moron" and "Scientific Mormon". Hmmmm. I'd say he's a Moron.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
The Romney Unit recently attended a fundraiser in LA. During it he talked about how concerned he was when his wife's plane had to make a forced landing due to smoke in the cabin.
His comments included this statement, which made my jaw drop open:

“I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were,” Romney said. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

(Here's the link to the story: www.latimes.com...)

So, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mitt Romney - possibly too stupid to breathe without instructions. Yes, of course you should be able to open the windows on planes! Makes perfect sense! Oh.... wait.....

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 9/24/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

That's it? As opposed to the president who thinks we have 57 states? Seriously? You thought this was post worthy?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
I also find it hard to believe that Romney was making jokes mid-recounting his wife's dramatic experience, choking on smoke with an airplane on fire etc.

That's because you've never forcibly cut someone's hair as a prank, never shoved butter in your sons' faces as a prank, never insulted anyone with a joke about the cost of their rain ponchos or their baked goods, or finding humor retelling your father closing plants and putting workers out of work. Unless you also terrorized your missionary buddies with a prank or ambushed and painted red and shaved your college rivals' heads, you will not understand that even your wife's fearful situation is not above a joke.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The solace I find is knowing that the people that are stupid enough to vote for Obama are going to get to share the pain:

100 Days Until Taxmageddon

Sunday will mark the start of the 100-day countdown to “Taxmageddon” – the date the largest tax hikes in the history of America will take effect. They will hit families and small businesses in three great waves on January 1, 2013:

First Wave: Expiration of 2001 and 2003 Tax Relief
In 2001 and 2003, the GOP Congress enacted several tax cuts for small business owners, families, and investors (later re-upped by President Obama and Democrat Congress in 2010). The following tax hikes will occur on January 1, 2013:

Personal income tax rates will rise on January 1, 2013. The top income tax rate will rise from 35 to 39.6 percent (this is also the rate at which the majority of small business profits are taxed). The lowest rate will rise from 10 to 15 percent. All the rates in between will also rise. Itemized deductions and personal exemptions will again phase out, which has the same mathematical effect as higher marginal tax rates. The full list of marginal rate hikes is below:
-The 10% bracket rises to a new and expanded 15%
-The 25% bracket rises to 28%
-The 28% bracket rises to 31%
-The 33% bracket rises to 36%
-The 35% bracket rises to 39.6%

Higher taxes on marriage and family coming on January 1, 2013. The “marriage penalty” (narrower tax brackets for married couples) will return from the first dollar of taxable income. The child tax credit will be cut in half from $1000 to $500 per child. The standard deduction will no longer be doubled for married couples relative to the single level.

Middle Class Death Tax returns on January 1, 2013. The death tax is currently 35% with an exemption of $5 million ($10 million for married couples). For those dying on or after January 1 2013, there is a 55 percent top death tax rate on estates over $1 million. A person leaving behind two homes and a retirement account could easily pass along a death tax bill to their loved ones.

Higher tax rates on savers and investors on January 1, 2013. The capital gains tax will rise from 15 percent this year to 23.8 percent in 2013. The top dividends tax will rise from 15 percent this year to 43.4 percent in 2013. This is because of scheduled rate hikes plus Obamacare’s investment surtax.
Second Wave: Obamacare Tax Hikes

There are twenty new or higher taxes in Obamacare. Some have already gone into effect (the tanning tax, the medicine cabinet tax, the HSA withdrawal tax, W-2 health insurance reporting, and the “economic substance doctrine”). Several more will go into effect on January 1, 2013. They include:
The Obamacare Medical Device Tax begins to be assessed on January 1, 2013. Medical device manufacturers employ 409,000 people in 12,000 plants across the country. This law imposes a new 2.3% excise tax on gross sales – even if the company does not earn a profit in a given year. Exempts items retailing for

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The AMT will ensnare over 31 million families, up from 4 million last year. According to the left-leaning Tax Policy Center, Congress’ failure to index the AMT will lead to an explosion of AMT taxpaying families—rising from 4 million last year to 31 million. These families will have to calculate their tax burdens twice, and pay taxes at the higher level. The AMT was created in 1969 to ensnare a handful of taxpayers.

Full business expensing will disappear. In 2011, businesses can expense half of their purchases of equipment. Starting on 2013 tax returns, all of it will have to be “depreciated” (slowly deducted over many years).

Taxes will be raised on all types of businesses. There are literally scores of tax hikes on business that will take place. The biggest is the loss of the “research and experimentation tax credit,” but there are many, many others. Combining high marginal tax rates with the loss of this tax relief will cost jobs.

Tax Benefits for Education and Teaching Reduced. The deduction for tuition and fees will not be available. Tax credits for education will be limited. Teachers will no longer be able to deduct classroom expenses. Coverdell Education Savings Accounts will be cut. Employer-provided educational assistance is curtailed. The student loan interest deduction will be disallowed for hundreds of thousands of families.

Charitable Contributions from IRAs no longer allowed. Under current law, a retired person with an IRA can contribute up to $100,000 per year directly to a charity from their IRA. This contribution also counts toward an annual “required minimum distribution.” This ability will no longer be there.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

Enjoy the nightmare you're voting for. Your bed, you get to lie in it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Oh... pardon me... UNLESS you never aspire to make more than $35k a year... OR... make over $1M a year, then you'll be ok. I think. In which case you can live off government cheese OR (in the latter case) make so much you'll still be able to live... like if you're Jay-Z or Beyonce or something.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

And as a gee whiz? If you're in the market when that 15% capital gains tax goes to 45%? You're going to get HAMMERED. so get out prior to Dec 31 if Obama wins. Just some friendly stock market advice. Everyone's going to run to gold. Silver may not be a bad idea, either.

And... if you have a 401K? LOL. you are )(*$ed.

Enjoy

edit on 25-9-2012 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I did not quote the part where they acknowledged that Mitt's miserable record as Governor was not all his fault cuz he could only do so much...or that he was handed a tough financial situation...

Horse crap!

The only reason you left most of that paragraph out was to support your blind bias. Even my eight year old grandson has the good sense to realize when he's been caught in a lie. It's very "telling" that you don't.

Can you guess why I excluded those parts when showing his crappy record?

I don't need to guess. You did that to decieve others into believing that Mr. Romney did, indeed, have a "crappy record". You were a fool to think that I would fall for such a childish tactic.

Why I sent you to factcheck and politifact vs. a bias source?

Yeah, I know the answer to that too. You thought the names of those sources might cause me to assume that you were making valid points. You were wrong! Though I doubt you did, I actually read both of those sources in their entirety.

YOU seem to be on the same page as me.

Don't flatter yourself. You haven't even "opened the book" yet!

Acknowledging that Mitt became Governor under very difficult financial circumstances for the state...and a legislature that was an opposing party....and you are defending him on that basis?

Not at all! If one were to ignore the campaign nonsense between Mr. Obama and Mr. Romney, both sources indicate that Mr. Romney did fairly well despite the long odds. By posting those sources, you unknowingly provided that defense. Either you didn't read them, or you didn't understand them. That had nothing to do with me.

Sound like a familiar scenario? Wow the hypocrisy...Mitt ruins MA...not his fault cuz he had a Dem. Legislature and came into a mess to begin with...Pres. Obama?...ALL HIS FAULT

Yes it does! That's most likely because of your extreme redundancy. I've already covered that with "Mr. Romney did fairly well despite the long odds." I can't say the same about Mr. Obama, though.

Except President Obama actually turned the ship...

Show me an unbiased source that indicates that. You've already proven that I can't trust your words.

Mitt left Mass. worse off than what it was..

The two unbiased sources that you provided show that comment to be nothing more than a blatant lie. I'm not surprised that you would say such nonsense, though.

Glad to finally get you to acknowledge the real world though...baby steps.

Coming from you, that's one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read. Thanks for the laugh. I feel much better now. I should give you a star for that, but I won't...

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Obama...pulled out of? Dude what are you smoking? Open your eyes, both the red and blue are taking the country and the economy well past rock bottom... Bush didn't know jack about what 2+2=... And Obama lies through his pearly white teeth about everything.. There is no recovery, this is not a recession: it's a depression and both puppets for the bilderburgers as well as Mitt will just keep the grinder grinding the middle class..

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I think I just read what is equivalent to an online temper tantrum.

Indigo you just owned that debate good job but some people will never see the light no matter how much you shine it at them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join