It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney: Scientific Moron?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
An alternative to having airplane windows roll down would be to provide every passenger with a voucher good for half the cost of the pay-as-you-go Oxygen Mask in case of emergency.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
In most boeing airplanes, the pilot’s window will open.

In a lot of smaller private non pressurized airplanes the passenger windows will open. They are usually limited to 12k altitude.

If he is use to flying in one of those, then finding out that the windows in his campaign airplane won’t open when he really needed it, would be a bit annoying.

Basically, he is probably not use to flying on pressurized airplanes.

I have been in embarrassing situations like that before. I need to move a car and I am like…. “where is the freaking ignition switch?” Then I ask bug other people for about a half an hour until someone points out the fact that the car has a push button start. All you have to have with you is the key fob.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I really really doubt that is the case with Romney.

Chances are 1 in a 1000 at best that this is the case probably 1 in a million or billion and even then come on.

But I guess the rule applies. There is always one in the group.

edit on 24-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I really really doubt that is the case with Romney.

Chances are 1 in a 1000 at best that this is the case probably 1 in a million or billion and even then come on.

But I guess the rule applies. There is always one in the group.

edit on 24-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

But the point is YOU do not know unless more information comes out, so your assumption says more about YOUR attitude than it does the person in question. I have learned in life to give people the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise. That even includes obama.

Do onto others as you wish others to do onto you.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
...ok, after reading the article, and re-reading what Mitt said, but this time saying it in my head the way Mitt would say it as a joke, I could just picture him onstage, in front of 1,500, in Beverly Hills, following Dennis Miller, and going into his shtick. And Romney's humor shtick is, well, kinda off the wall.

I really, seriously, think this is Mitt's sense of humor. It's a joke. And, if done right could be funny. I think this is what he was going for.

Mitt says plenty of other things to cringe at, be puzzled at, or weep over, but this time, when I read it as he would have delivered it, I laughed.
I hope what he says at the debates won't make me cringe or weep, but I'm sure I will, because then he'll be speaking seriously.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

That’s for you to decide but I feel like I am seeing deja vu. I gave Bush the benefit of doubt and look what that got us. He was college educated too.
Neither drink alcohol they both say stupid things they both talk tough about foreign policy they both don’t like certain Muslim countries.

When you think about those two have a lot in common.

Oh man I really see it now. This guy wants to be president the benefit of doubt is not something you can hand out so easy to a position like that.

WMDs benefit of doubt well oops he was wrong. No No NO I am calling a spade a spade this time.

I don’t care what anyone says because a man that could possibly become the most powerful person on earth should know you can’t roll down windows on airplanes. End of story.

You made me think about it.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
The Romney Unit recently attended a fundraiser in LA. During it he talked about how concerned he was when his wife's plane had to make a forced landing due to smoke in the cabin.
His comments included this statement, which made my jaw drop open:

“I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were,” Romney said. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

(Here's the link to the story: www.latimes.com...)

So, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mitt Romney - possibly too stupid to breathe without instructions. Yes, of course you should be able to open the windows on planes! Makes perfect sense! Oh.... wait.....

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 9/24/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

I didn't read the rest of the thread, because... well, quite frankly, I couldn't be bothered, but...

you do realise you're talking about a guy who wears magic underpants, yes? And his scientific nouse is under question NOW, because he doesn't understand why the windows don't open on an aeroplane?

I question the logic in this.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

The Romney Unit recently attended a fundraiser in LA. During it he talked about how concerned he was when his wife's plane had to make a forced landing due to smoke in the cabin.
His comments included this statement, which made my jaw drop open:

“ and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.

(Here's the link to the story: www.latimes.com...)

So, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mitt Romney - possibly too stupid to breathe without instructions. Yes, of course you should be able to open the windows on planes! Makes perfect sense! Oh.... wait.....

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 9/24/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

Now imagine him piloting an economy with 300 Million Americans depending on him....An economy that his idealogical predecessor sent into a nosedive...which President Obama pulled out of...and now Mittens wants to rush the cockpit and has some "good ideas"...why not just open a window on the plane?

edit on 24-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

I take issue with this sneakily placed statement above "which President Obama pulled out of." That waste of space and good air known as Obama, aka Barry Soetoro, hasn't pulled out of anything. He made the economic collapse loom closer and quicker by throwing away almost 5 trillion dollars into offshore financial escapes, his friends bankrupt companies and of course the continuing wars. Obama continued the Bush NDAA and Patriot act programs, actually made them worse and increased the size of both DHS and the obscene monster, the TSA. Obama did not keep even one of his campaign promises. The US is in exponentially worse shape in 2012 than it was in 2008 before he took office. This is in no way an endorsement of Bush or Clinton or any meat puppet president in the past, but let's face facts, Obama has done more damage in 4 years than all the other presidents put together since 1948.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/24.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

And yet you find less wrong with obama in that regard? The person that can’t even speak without a teleprompter!

Please excuse me while I bang my head against the wall. ….. it will dull the pain….

Something tells me you have already made up your mind long before obama’s challenger was picked. You are just looking for any excuse to justify your choice, no mater how illogical that excuse may be..

The problem is, there is no one in existence that is truly perfect. We are all flawed to a large degree. The first thing you learn when dealing with other people is, everyone has baggage. A person that acts like they don’t is the one that is hiding the most. A person that tries to act like he is perfect (obama) is just acting, nothing more, nothing less. Everything he says is prescreened, and edited before time. He tries to create a pristine public image, and it fools people into believing he is truly perfect, or close to it. So, in comparison, anyone that doesn’t try to portray that image is, in your mind, is stupid.

You will find no one on this planet that is educated in everything. No mater how smart someone is, you will find certain things that they do not know, or have never had to deal with, no mater how obvious the answer seems to you. The person that wants to believe those people are stupid will use those things to mock them, while ignoring all the other stuff they have done in life.

There is no truly competent person that will live up to your standards. The only ones you will find that meet your description, is people that are lying to you.

I prefer someone that will talk to you as an equal. Someone that will admit they don’t know everything. Someone that will admit their mistakes.

What we need now is not an airplane engineer, or even someone experienced with flying on passenger planes. What we need is a business man that knows how to make the ends meet, or can tell when those ends won’t meet, and cut the losses while there is still time. His ability to be a great public speaker is unneeded, and unwanted as far as I am concerned.

I, myself, am sick and tired of well polished talking figureheads. I would much rather have the local mechanic with a horrible southern accent as president than live through another four years of the well spoken idiot we have now.

I just want someone who is blunt, honest and truthful. I will welcome them, and their baggage, what ever that baggage may be. I just want someone who can have a chance of fixing the problem, instead of ignoring it, and making it worse. Above all, I want someone who will tell me the truth. I want him to tell me what he is truly thinking. I don’t care if it’s wrong. If it’s wrong, I would prefer to know what he is thinking is wrong, instead of him just telling me what he thinks I want to hear, so that I will think everything is just peachy, when it’s not.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
He is Mormon, what do you expect? Religious cults and science don't mix.

edit on 24-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Bigots and logical view points don’t mix. What’s your point?
2nd line.......

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Bigots and logical view points don’t mix. What’s your point?

Exactly, just look at Mitt Romney.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Creepy to think that he could be our next President! He is so out of touch with reality...more than I even thought possible.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Romney as Commander In Chief:

We need screen doors on these submarines!

LMAO - good one!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I just enjoy how the American Citizen's Handlers have only given them two options

voting for Mitt would basically be saying I don't give a damn anymore lets see how much more damage we can do

Or voting for

Obama is basically saying I like the damage you are doing lets continue it

So as some paid film critic and director stated yesterday or the day before "You have no choice but to vote Obama"

Those that do not vote for obama will be labeled as Racists.

Just you watch Orwell is laughing at all of you.

EDIT: I just like how the rules where changed for the republicans at the last minute so the popular candidate wouldn't get the vote like how it has always worked in history.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

SECOND EDIT: IF RON PAUL IS NOT PRESIDENT BY THE END OF THIS YEAR IT IS AN OBVIOUS DECEPTION

THE ENTIRE AMERICAN ARMY WANTS RON PAUL 78% OF YOUR CITIZENS WANT RON PAUL

IF HE DOES NOT WIN IT WILL BE BECAUSE SOMETHING ILLEGAL HAPPENED.

KEEP THIS IN MIND.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Related ignorance from the republican wonder boy...

More Mitt Romney science: He believes University of Utah 'solved' cold fusion

I do believe in basic science. I believe in participating in space. I believe in analysis of new sources of energy. I believe in laboratories, looking at ways to conduct electricity with -- with cold fusion, if we can come up with it. It was the University of Utah that solved that. We somehow can’t figure out how to duplicate it.

www.dailykos.com...

Vid & transcript at the link.

Sure the guy may be good at using his inherited wealth to buy & bankrupt American companies while hiding his ill gotten gains in the Cayman Islands & Swiss bank accounts but you just know he's hiring others to do the heavy mental lifting.

First this then the "windows on airplanes", ya this guy is a bag of hammers smart, well the bush bots will love him, you know someone they can relate to.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gestas

Ron Paul is not running, or havent you heard? Agreed on the false choices.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Hmmm... Did you forget making this comment?:

There are members of ATS who will tell you how great of a leader Gadafi was, and that he did everything for his people. The the vast majority of Libyans liked him etc.etc.etc...... HOW DO THEY KNOW? Because they watched a youtube vid telling them so? Conspiracy theorists are the only ggroup of people that become scholars on whole nations, structural engineers, astronauts, pilots, and radiologists in under 15 minutes or less.

I reckon you have just proven that "conspiracy theorists" ARE NOT the only ones foolish enough to do that.

It's obvious that you know absolutely nothing about Mormons as individuals. NO ONE should ever be judged by their religion. That's no different than judging someone by their race. You really do need to pop that bubble you live in, and go out and meet someone that isn't your neighbor or school mate. Through my lifetime I've had the good fortune to meet many people, from many varied backgrounds. The Mormons that I came to know were, without a doubt, among the most respectable individuals that I ever met.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 25-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

This is the same reason he saw no issue with traveling with his dog strapped to the top of his car.

That story enraged me, and utterly horrified my wife. It's unimaginably cruel to do that to a dog - but that asshole thinks that it's a funny story!

It "enraged" you? Really? So putting dogs in the backs of pickup trucks isn't cruel? Why the # would the dog care if he was in that carrier on top?

Seems like kind of an odd thing to do, but you weren't there and maybe the carrier was turned around so the wind wasn't even blowing on him. How the # do you know?

I'm not really defending the guy, but I've always thought this dog story was a lame thing to get upset over.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join